HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#30 - 12.17.2011 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 8:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
  #326
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,839
vCash: 50
People said the same thing about Nylander on the ice game 5.

Faceoffs get lost. The blown coverage on the part of the winger was the problem there.

But I understand it is easy to blame Christensen.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
  #327
GrizMint
Registered User
 
GrizMint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Bill Pidto hated on wives last week and now kids this week? What a bro.

GrizMint is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
  #328
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,597
vCash: 500
Korpedo is having himself a nice little NHL career as a solid penalty killer while Lisin has been out of the NHL for two seasons now.

Wish we got a draft pick in that trade instead.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:58 PM
  #329
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Korpedo is having himself a nice little NHL career as a solid penalty killer while Lisin has been out of the NHL for two seasons now.

Wish we got a draft pick in that trade instead.
You win some you lose some.


BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:58 PM
  #330
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,979
vCash: 500
It's not about the faceoff. It's about putting yourself in that position late in the period by attempting to spring Fedetenko. It's one thing if you leading Gaobrik on that play. It's just not a high percentage play at that point.

jas is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
  #331
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
People said the same thing about Nylander on the ice game 5.

Faceoffs get lost. The blown coverage on the part of the winger was the problem there.

But I understand it is easy to blame Christensen.
Nylander was one of our best players when he was on this team. Christensen brings all but nothing. His F/O% is largely skewed because of the amount he takes and the guys he generally goes up against.

He's a waste of a player in the lineup. Thankfully, once Anisimov is feeling better he will be the odd man out.

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
  #332
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Christensen has brought nothing to the table this season, period. Why Torts continues to trot his decrepit ass out on the ice has no logical explanation.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
  #333
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,532
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Christensen has brought nothing to the table this season, period. Why Torts continues to trot his decrepit ass out on the ice has no logical explanation.
I don't know. Revealing photos? Blackmail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizMint View Post
Bill Pidto hated on wives last week and now kids this week? What a bro.
He's becoming a regular George Carlin out there.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
  #334
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,210
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
People said the same thing about Nylander on the ice game 5.

Faceoffs get lost. The blown coverage on the part of the winger was the problem there.

But I understand it is easy to blame Christensen.
Exactly. I didn't see whoever was there (or wasn't there in this case) should have been covering him. Faceoffs get lost and the only thing that matters is how you cover them.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
  #335
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
If EC got injured you wouldn't notice it. Trust me.
I think he should be in the AHL and have Thuresson up instead.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
  #336
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,839
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Nylander was one of our best players when he was on this team. Christensen brings all but nothing. His F/O% is largely skewed because of the amount he takes and the guys he generally goes up against.

He's a waste of a player in the lineup. Thankfully, once Anisimov is feeling better he will be the odd man out.
Everything you said was true up until you decided to claim that the FO% was "Skewed." That is utter crap, as I am sure you are aware of.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
  #337
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 50
From our rulebook.

Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.
Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
  #338
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
I don't give a **** who screwed up on the goal. It's the fact that it was shorthanded, by an ex-Ranger, and with less then a minute left in the period that irritates me.

Hockey is different here.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
  #339
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Nylander was one of our best players when he was on this team. Christensen brings all but nothing. His F/O% is largely skewed because of the amount he takes and the guys he generally goes up against.

He's a waste of a player in the lineup. Thankfully, once Anisimov is feeling better he will be the odd man out.
not to mention, even strength, his faceoff percentage is actually below 50%, and lower than Duby, Richards and Boyle

DubiDubiDoo is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
  #340
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Nylander was one of our best players when he was on this team. Christensen brings all but nothing. His F/O% is largely skewed because of the amount he takes and the guys he generally goes up against.

He's a waste of a player in the lineup. Thankfully, once Anisimov is feeling better he will be the odd man out.
So it's okay to pick apart EC's game, but when posters try to do the same for Avery it's alright for the cheering squad to make more excuses?

I don't want EC on the team. I want a guy like Hagelin. But honestly it's ridiculous that all this board spews about is EC in over Avery. How about you guys complain that we were skating in cement for the last 2 minutes of the period?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
  #341
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Everything you said was true up until you decided to claim that the FO% was "Skewed." That is utter crap, as I am sure you are aware of.
Maybe that's true. Regardless, his hockey IQ is retarded and he should not be out there in a high pressure situation. And i would consider a defensive zone faceoff at the end of the period with a 1-0 lead fairly high pressure.

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
  #342
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,210
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't know. Revealing photos? Blackmail?



He's becoming a regular George Carlin out there.
I just noticed you forgot the closing quotation mark in the third quote in your signature.


Screw You Rick Nash is online now  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
  #343
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,532
vCash: 300
You shouldn't be able to score right off a faceoff shorthanded. That SCREAMS pathetic defensive coverage and positioning, aside from the clean loss.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
  #344
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,839
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Maybe that's true. Regardless, his hockey IQ is retarded and he should not be out there in a high pressure situation. And i would consider a defensive zone faceoff at the end of the period with a 1-0 lead fairly high pressure.
It becomes a problem when we let a goal in.

But this has happened several times before this season, and not all with EC taking the draw. But I dont recall the same amount of singular outrage at the faceoff taker.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
  #345
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
So it's okay to pick apart EC's game, but when posters try to do the same for Avery it's alright for the cheering squad to make more excuses?

I don't want EC on the team. I want a guy like Hagelin. But honestly it's ridiculous that all this board spews about is EC in over Avery. How about you guys complain that we were skating in cement for the last 2 minutes of the period?
Idc, pick apart Avery's game as much as you want. He's not the one who made the mistake here, christensen is and largely in part due to his dumbass hockey brain.

He's a waste of space and should be getting 5 mins a night

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM
  #346
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,532
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I just noticed you forgot the closing quotation mark in the third quote in your signature.

Thanks.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM
  #347
In Disgust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
I understand Torts rational, PP could offer those 3 a chance to redeem themselves and gain confidence. I don't think anyone, including the yotes, thought they'd have a scoring opportunity let alone a goal. This issue with EC is there, but rather then tiring out our top players, I guess torts wanted to spread some pp time around.

While a nice thought, it seems to have backfired and he should know now that EC should sit on the bench/pressbox until some catastrophe happens in which we'll need him.

While there were a lot of fingers to point there, Biron should've had that, no question.

In Disgust is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM
  #348
wr50l
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Scotland
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
People said the same thing about Nylander on the ice game 5.

Faceoffs get lost. The blown coverage on the part of the winger was the problem there.

But I understand it is easy to blame Christensen.
Considering EC loses 46 out of every 100 faceoff it is fair to say they get lost. They don't all get lost cleanly though. EC puts in a poor effort on that particular faceoff and the result is a shot opportunity which is nearly unblockable. How can you genuinely put blame on Fedotenko there? He has no time to get near it.

You can only blame EC and Biron for that soft, soft goal ... and when one of those guys is only on the team to win faceoffs and score shootout goals ... simply unacceptable and indefensible.

wr50l is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
  #349
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
It becomes a problem when we let a goal in.

But this has happened several times before this season, and not all with EC taking the draw. But I dont recall the same amount of singular outrage at the faceoff taker.
When else have we lost a faceoff late in the period on a pp that resulted in a goal?

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
  #350
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
God damn it!!!

Clowes Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.