HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a little something about fleury

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2004, 04:33 PM
drugstone

vCash: 500
a little something about fleury

SPORTSNET.CA: reports some players aren't fussy about where they play hockey this season so long as they can play. Sportsnet claims Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Donald Brashear and Colorado Avalanche playmaker Alex Tanguay might suit up with the Quebec City RadioX of the Quebec Major Senior Hockey League. Other NHL'ers who'll be playing in that league include "Mike Ribeiro of the Montreal Canadiens and Georges Laraque of the Edmonton Oilers who will spend the lockout with the Laval Chiefs. Vancouver Canucks' Sylvain Blouin and ex-Baby Habs goalie JF Damphousse will play for Garaga de St. George and Marc-Andre Fleury may see time with the Sorel-Tracy Mission thanks to a developmental deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins' AHL affiliate"

Might interest some of you, it's a pro league in quebec, not a bad qualiber but is it better tham AHL I really don't know

Old
09-25-2004, 08:29 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugstone
SPORTSNET.CA: reports some players aren't fussy about where they play hockey this season so long as they can play. Sportsnet claims Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Donald Brashear and Colorado Avalanche playmaker Alex Tanguay might suit up with the Quebec City RadioX of the Quebec Major Senior Hockey League. Other NHL'ers who'll be playing in that league include "Mike Ribeiro of the Montreal Canadiens and Georges Laraque of the Edmonton Oilers who will spend the lockout with the Laval Chiefs. Vancouver Canucks' Sylvain Blouin and ex-Baby Habs goalie JF Damphousse will play for Garaga de St. George and Marc-Andre Fleury may see time with the Sorel-Tracy Mission thanks to a developmental deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins' AHL affiliate"

Might interest some of you, it's a pro league in quebec, not a bad qualiber but is it better tham AHL I really don't know
Interesting.Thanks.

Old
09-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:

those are some quality players but the AHL is going to be very strong this year, and i would prefer if fleury played on the baby pens.

Old
09-25-2004, 08:43 PM
User571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
those are some quality players but the AHL is going to be very strong this year, and i would prefer if fleury played on the baby pens.
Yeah-I dont really see much of a point of him playing up there when he could be facing some real high quality players in the AHL-Svitov,Zherdev,Staal etc.

Old
09-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
Diddo

Old
09-25-2004, 09:59 PM
clefty
What?

The QSHL is the last place I want to see Fleury play.

Old
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
AEKaki

Quote:

This league is full of goons.
Basically, ppl go the arena to watch fights not hockey.
I've been there once to watch the Chiefs (Laval) and I left midway through the game.

But it is up to Fleury.
Don't forget, the owners locked out the players. They do have the right to choose where they play.
But it's better for him to play in the AHL or maybe in Russia or something if he doesn't like the minors. But I guess he just wants to stay close to home. I'm pretty sure that ass of an agent is telling him to stay away from the NHL.

Old
09-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Jacob

But Fleury is not locked out. He MUST report to the AHL.

Old
09-27-2004, 04:57 PM
User571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
But Fleury is not locked out. He MUST report to the AHL.
Wilkes-Barre signed some kind of deal with Sorel-Tracy, that i think would make Fleury eligible to play for the mission.

Old
09-27-2004, 09:57 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
Wilkes-Barre signed some kind of deal with Sorel-Tracy, that i think would make Fleury eligible to play for the mission.

where did you hear about this?

Old
09-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Jacob

It seems as though the media mistook Fleury for Caron.

Old
09-28-2004, 12:46 PM
ej_pens

Send a message via AIM to ej_pens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
where did you hear about this?
Quote:
Marc-Andre Fleury may see time with the Sorel-Tracy Mission thanks to a developmental deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins' AHL affiliate"
According to the Times Leader, Fleury is in camp.

Old
09-28-2004, 12:53 PM
ej_pens

Send a message via AIM to ej_pens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
It seems as though the media mistook Fleury for Caron.
Caron is playing for Saguenay, so if they did, they got both the player and the team wrong.

Old
09-28-2004, 02:52 PM
User571

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_pens
Caron is playing for Saguenay, so if they did, they got both the player and the team wrong.
No-Ive seen Fleury-Sorel rumors in quite a few different places. I dont know them exactly but if you look up Marc-Andre Fleury Mission-you should find something

Old
09-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Jacob

I think it's a dumb idea to be shipping Fleury off to some beer league once a week. This is the trouble Fleury and the Pens ran into last season when Fleury was playing for 4 different teams in various time zones. There's such a thing as overdevelopment and the Penguins have been guilty of doing so with Fleury.

Let he and Chiodo split time. 40 games apiece by season's end. That's enough to continue their development, but not so much that they're overworked. If Fleury is playing way better than Chiodo, let him start a few consecutive games here and there. Chiodo needs to start learning how to play a backup role anyway.

Last edited by Jacob: 09-28-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread