HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sabres players make the cut on other teams?

Old
12-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Capsautomatic28

vCash: 500
sabres players make the cut on other teams?

how many current sabres players if they were not on the sabres would have a roster spot else where(other nhl teams)?

-kaleta
-weber
-mccormick
-ellis
-gaustad (should not be in this conversations, but would his mins played for another team decearse?)
-boyes
-gragnani
-gerbe

i watch every sabres game and i wonder how some of these guys get a paycheck every week. I realize some r role players like mccormick fights once every 2 months, but thats not a fighter(only 5 fights this year)

Capsautomatic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:09 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Well in all fairness Ellis wouldnt be here if we werent so injury ridden, Gerbe for sure would make another roster, Gaustads minutes wouldn't change, Boyes would definitely fit in somewhere else, and Weber had a really good game last night and has been hurt most of the season... He is just fitting into place. I dont link Grags that much at all but I could see a few teams trying to maximize his offensive potential.

McCormick and Kaleta IMO are very inconsistent in their games... Mostly i think because of Ruffs style.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:57 AM
captaincrunch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsautomatic28 View Post
how many current sabres players if they were not on the sabres would have a roster spot else where(other nhl teams)?

-kaleta
-weber
-mccormick
-ellis
-gaustad (should not be in this conversations, but would his mins played for another team decearse?)
-boyes
-gragnani
-gerbe

i watch every sabres game and i wonder how some of these guys get a paycheck every week. I realize some r role players like mccormick fights once every 2 months, but thats not a fighter(only 5 fights this year)
Everyone on this list would have a chance somewhere else in the NHL. The fact that Gerbe is even on your list implies that you have just recently watched the Sabres, which is fine. Last year, especially in the second half, Gerbe was a monster.

captaincrunch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

It's not like we're icing some AHL team in Buffalo. Every one of those guys except possibly Ellis and Gragnani would definitely be on other teams rosters. Hell, other more shallower offenses, Gerbe would probably be a fixture on the top 6.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:52 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsautomatic28 View Post
but would his mins played for another team decearse?) year)
Yes.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote