HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques Martin FIRED!

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Martin firing?
Right timing (Good riddance) 30 11.76%
Finally (Should have happened sooner) 152 59.61%
Surprised (they didn't wait until later in the season) 48 18.82%
Should have kept him as coach. 25 9.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The more you guys quote him, the longer it takes to clean up the mess. Try not to quote and we'll do our best to get them as quick as possible.
sorry Natey. thanks

Old
12-17-2011, 10:46 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If i remember correctly Randy Cunneyworth is a coach who likes tough play and tough players. Last year, with thhe bulldogs, he dressed night in and night out a lot of guys that could drop the gloves. Hope he will bring that attitude.
HAM was a fun team to watch last season

Old
12-17-2011, 10:47 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Who cares? Lots of Quebecers should finally realize that English is the world's language and should also realize that their little world should be more welcoming of different people.
Quebec is one of the most welcoming places for immigrants, and that's an opinion shared by many experts around the world, mostly in europe. France officials have a hard time understanding how we are doing so well sharing our ''little world'' with people from all backgrounds, while they have a hard time integrating people in their own country who speak the very same language.

this is about hockey and I don't mind an unilingual coach, see I share your opinion. But stop mixing hockey and politics when you obviously don't have a clue, and especially if this is not the place for it.

Old
couris

We need a french speaking coach for sure.

Old
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
this is bitter sweet
happy cause Martin is gone...
but at the same time, i dont feel too good. Gauthier went and got Kabarle which locks us to 4+M$ for next 2 years and we let Muller and Boucher walk

Boucher is not doing any better, but he's only trapping because he knows his defence and goaltending are horrible. He wouldnt have as many worries on the back end in montreal.

Also, i'm worried about his replacement. The have a great chance to make up for a mistake, i really hope the hire best available coach and not francophone. Having Conneyworth as an iterem with carriere as his translator, gives me hope that they will go looking for best available though
Not sure what the you talk about here...Boucher would be no different here, that's his style.

Old
Garry Valk

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...language_game/

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Won't change a thing. Martin wasn't part of the solution, but he surely wasn't the main problem. The main problem comes from the people who hired him. I hope Gauthier and Gainey will be next and so will Gomez, Cammaleri and Gionta.

Start with what is worthy to build upon : Price, MaxPac and PK... then Pleks, Emelin, and Cole.

Erase that dreadfull summer of 2009 and it will definitely be better...
Well it should change a little. But I agree with the essence of your post.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:48 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Nice, about time but I just don't see how Cunneyworth is the solution for the rest of the year.
Because you want an interim guy not someone who you have to immediatly sign to a 3+ year contract.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Yeah, no we don't. We need the best coach possible.

Old
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Quebec is one of the most welcoming places for immigrants, and that's an opinion shared by many experts around the world, mostly in europe. France officials have a hard time understanding how we are doing so well sharing our ''little world'' with people from all backgrounds, while they have a hard time integrating people in their own country who speak the very same language.

this is about hockey and I don't mind an unilingual coach, see I share your opinion. But stop mixing hockey and politics when you obviously don't have a clue, and especially if this is not the place for it.
France has massive immigration. Quebec not yet.

Old
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I thought JM was a good coach. He did not give the youngsters alot of icetime and all that crap, but he established a defensive system that actually helped some guys like AK for example. I think he made our team very alert defensively but took away some of our offensive potential.

I dont think it's mainly his fault we're not playing that amazing, we have noobish young defense and Im afraid this move can hurt us even more...

Either way there's nothing we can do right now about this, funny thing is I had a dream a week ago that JM was fired lol

I also had a dream once that I was chilling with Jessica Alba, I wonder when that's gonna happen...I've been waiting for a while now!

Worse comes to worse, we tank it this year or trade for high picks or something lol. We might aswell I mean next year theres gonna be some changes in the divisions we will need some tweaking to compete with our new rivals!
To me Martin is a tweener. His conservative system is very good at hiding glaring holes and weaknesses but at the same time, prevents more talented groups from reaching their full potential. I think this team, even if Markovless, is better than a .500 squad. With a goaltender of that caliber, you usually don't need that much firepower to have the scale tip in your favor, but all the offensive weapons on this team are underperforming. They might not be great individually, but they represent a deep and solid core as a group. There's enough talent on this team to get the job done. You can't look past the coach's responsability for results such as these.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:49 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
I agree. Re hire Martin!!

Old
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
they just said gomez injurie is now worst ... what a day!

I think some guys (Cammalleri, Plekanc, Subban, ...) just need a little spark to get them going 'til the end of the season and the rest of the team will follow. Hopefully this is it. As for the next coach, I'm a Roy lover, so I keep my fingers crossed.

Old
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
The more you guys quote him, the longer it takes to clean up the mess. Try not to quote and we'll do our best to get them as quick as possible.
To all posters:

Use the 'report post' option below the poster's avatar. I'm sure it's easier for mods to pick up the reports than having to read 200+ posts to find out who's trolling.

Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
we must "take care" of this person then
I'm one of them and I don't see how randy is better than JM. I never said I wanted JM. I wanted a change, but cunneyworth? How is this liberating? Based on what logic is "subban free from his cage" or whatever. How many even know cunney's style? I'll admit I don't, but if the guy coached our minor team and usually minor affiliates play similar style to big club to prepare the players then what are we expecting here? Maybe he's got some tweaks but it was never JM's fault Gomez sucked or markov was injured.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This isn't about Martin, he has held this team in the mix despite injuries and modest talent. This is about Gauthier now fighting for his job.

The sooner they review the management the sooner the team can change direction and become successful.

Old
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
agree

people want to win
they don't care too much about french coachs

Old
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This, this and this!!!!!

Old
12-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Not really, he was a winning coach in the AHL, but I never really watched the Rochester Americans.
ah okay, might have to check on this

12-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Garry Valk

Muller??? What the hell - he could have been our coach two weeks ago!

Old
12-17-2011, 10:51 AM
onebighockeyfan

The picked the most obvious guy because they needed someone for tonight's game. Has nothing to do with french vs. english. Freat coaches in Montreal never spoke any words of french.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
I just got on the fire martin bandwagon when they blew the 2-goal lead in the 3rd against the Islanders on Tuesday and let them tie the game 3-3.

I'm really stoked they picked a english interim head coach, it's about ****ing time we broaden our horizons when picking coaches. I want to see something different, I want to see players come here and actually over-achieve. 25 years without a 100 point scorer, FML.

Old
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm one of them and I don't see how randy is better than JM. I never said I wanted JM. I wanted a chance, but cunneyworth? How is this liberating? Based on what logic is "subban free from his cage" or whatever. How many even know cunney's style? I'll admit I don't, but if the guy coached our minor team and usually minor affiliates play similar style to big club to prepare the players then what are we expecting here? Maybe he's got some tweaks but it was never JM's fault Gomez sucked or markov was injured.
for myself

i rather have seem a new coach brought in sooner then the end of the year

with this firing that crew behind the bench is different from lst year

Old
Habs Junkie

The international language for coaches is winning, any other language is a bonus!

Old
12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
HomaridII

Shocked to say the least .. but glad. Timing is a bit weird but hey

Old
12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Hugo Sham

Molson needs to remember a couple of things:

-he needs to get the best possible GM to come in a rebuild the most prestigious NHL franchise...with the support and deep pockets this franchise has
- he needs to be reminded that the great hab teams of the past ALWAYS beat the bruins and philly and other enemies because we surrounded all our small slick skill with several tough large gritty character guys. Always.

ferguson nilan kordic chartraw gainey etc...

Closed Thread