HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What will our team look like next season from top to bottom?

Old
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
I, for one, never feel the need, or indeed even the awareness that a particular media person is french or english.

A ****** bag is a doche bag in any language.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
EXPOS123

For once and for all, let's end this useless cycle of regurgitating former Habs players and employees and bring in fresh eyes. It's simple - hire the best and brightest minds out there regardless of their previous conection to the organization and their language. Forget about this crap of Roy and Julien Brisebois.It's time to plunder from other successful orgnaizations.Here's where i would look to for a gm and/or coach:

1. Nashville - Poile and Trotz have done just an incredible job given the financial constraints and ownership instability of that franchise since inception. If you can't get these guys, then at least get their associates for they will have learned from the best.
2. Detroit - Already mentioned by others about Nill. What about Babcock's assistants?
3. Sabres - Like Nashville, their gm and coach have seemingly had to deal with losing star players yearly but always somehow make the team competitive. This is why i will at least give a chance to Cunneyworth - didn't he work for Buffalo at one point?
4.Boston - Chiarelli has become one of the best - his assistants must be names to consider.

EXPOS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPOS123 View Post
For once and for all, let's end this useless cycle of regurgitating former Habs players and employees and bring in fresh eyes. It's simple - hire the best and brightest minds out there regardless of their previous conection to the organization and their language. Forget about this crap of Roy and Julien Brisebois.It's time to plunder from other successful orgnaizations.Here's where i would look to for a gm and/or coach:

1. Nashville - Poile and Trotz have done just an incredible job given the financial constraints and ownership instability of that franchise since inception. If you can't get these guys, then at least get their associates for they will have learned from the best.
2. Detroit - Already mentioned by others about Nill. What about Babcock's assistants?
3. Sabres - Like Nashville, their gm and coach have seemingly had to deal with losing star players yearly but always somehow make the team competitive. This is why i will at least give a chance to Cunneyworth - didn't he work for Buffalo at one point?
4.Boston - Chiarelli has become one of the best - his assistants must be names to consider.
As I said already in my proposal, if we can't have Jim Nill, I want Paul Fenton. He's been Assistant GM in Nashville next to Poile for the entirety of the organization's existence and from all reports has been part of every decision. If we can't plunder an acting GM a la Toronto and Burke, I want Nill or Fenton. They've proven over the long term that they know what they're doing.

Last edited by Captain Smurf: 12-18-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
NotProkofievian

Nill would be bad-ass. I could definitely see our drafting getting a big boost from the kind of structure he would bring the process.

Timmins is a very good head scout, but I think we need a stronger presence in Sweden, Finland, and Russia, and more unified efforts between our scouts. Just like Nill does with detroit.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

----------------------------------------

To Chi
Diaz
Moen

To Mtl
1st 2012
Danault

----------------------------------------

To LAK
Gomez
2nd

To Mtl
Hickey
*deleted some parts of this huge-ass™ post.

no wonder you are so critical of gauthier. if what you have written above is your expectations of the kinds of return gauthier should be able to get, then im afraid you're gonna be looking for a long time for a GM that can satisfy you because these two there are very unrealistic, especially the mtl-lak one...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
and my own personal wet dream of what changes could happen is del curto running the whole show with an assistant GM. or gauthier replaced by timmins

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote