HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

John Scott vs Chara

Old
02-28-2012, 07:20 AM
The Kid

vCash: 500
I wouldn't want to see this fight under almost any circumstance. It is managerial insanity for the Bruins to have a "staged" fight with Scott, this isn't the WWE. Why have Chara, a top D man in the league and a HUGE part of your team, try to fight a goon that can't skate? What's the point unless there is some larger issue (late hit, dirty play, whatever)?

Terrible idea. This isn't some kind of ego exchange between the Bruins and the Rangers and if the Rangers want to march some bro out there who can't skate, when one of our best players is on the ice, I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'd take Rupp any day of the season over someone like Scott.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
I wouldn't want to see this fight under almost any circumstance. It is managerial insanity for the Bruins to have a "staged" fight with Scott, this isn't the WWE. Why have Chara, a top D man in the league and a HUGE part of your team, try to fight a goon that can't skate? What's the point unless there is some larger issue (late hit, dirty play, whatever)?

Terrible idea. This isn't some kind of ego exchange between the Bruins and the Rangers and if the Rangers want to march some bro out there who can't skate, when one of our best players is on the ice, I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Maybe Torts puts Scott in front of the net on a power play and see if he can goad Chara into it. BTW, Scott would mess him up.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Therick67

Quote:

Exactly. I love guys like Rupp, Prust, Lucic, McQuaid. The day of the designated goon who plays 6 minutes a night and gives you nothing are just about over.

If the Rangers want to waste a spot for this guy it's fine with me.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Scott isn't worth a second of Chara's time. That said, if they ended up going for some stupud reason, Scott would pound him IMO.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:56 AM
bostone737

chara vs who?

that guy shouldn't even be a blip on chara's radar

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Maybe Torts puts Scott in front of the net on a power play and see if he can goad Chara into it. BTW, Scott would mess him up.
Not so sure he would "mess" anything up, and I am not a big fan of Chara's fighting. He is always off balance and just isn't made to fight. He is strong, with incredible reach and can throw a punch, so that makes him dangerous, but he is far from a "fighter". That being said, that longer punch is just nasty to fight against. Scott would have to simply manhandle Chara to get in closer and then just start throwing. Chara's strength and reach would lead to a slower, more methodical fight. Not one of flurry bombs. They would most likely be too far away for that stuff, again unless Scott just was able to manhandle Chara, not something I would bet on. McQuaid is more likely to get into the "stand in front of each other, toe the line, and throw rabid shots one after another", Lucic is more of the longer punches (although he did speedbag Kaleta). Chara is the same. He is so long that his punches take longer, but can have devastating force because of the speed that he has to throw them to cover that space.

It would be foolish for him to fight Scott, but again, if they threw, I think Chara would take it very serious and slow the thing down using reach (which can also lend itself to being off balanced because of the distance the punches travel and force involved).

Old
02-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Quote:
Not so sure he would "mess" anything up, and I am not a big fan of Chara's fighting. He is always off balance and just isn't made to fight. He is strong, with incredible reach and can throw a punch, so that makes him dangerous, but he is far from a "fighter". That being said, that longer punch is just nasty to fight against. Scott would have to simply manhandle Chara to get in closer and then just start throwing. Chara's strength and reach would lead to a slower, more methodical fight. Not one of flurry bombs. They would most likely be too far away for that stuff, again unless Scott just was able to manhandle Chara, not something I would bet on. McQuaid is more likely to get into the "stand in front of each other, toe the line, and throw rabid shots one after another", Lucic is more of the longer punches (although he did speedbag Kaleta). Chara is the same. He is so long that his punches take longer, but can have devastating force because of the speed that he has to throw them to cover that space.

It would be foolish for him to fight Scott, but again, if they threw, I think Chara would take it very serious and slow the thing down using reach (which can also lend itself to being off balanced because of the distance the punches travel and force involved).
As they say, stay tuned.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Bleed Blue 24 7
Tickets = Overpriced

Scott has never lost a fight yet and chara always bails on the fight if he gets hit once. Scott would wreck him.

Bleed Blue 24 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:03 PM
ZetterBurger

I look at it this way. Say Scott is being a pest or is running around like a mad man. Chara tries to set him straight and they fight, Scott will probably get the decision since he would throw more punches and Chara would wrestle him.

HOWEVER, if there were no cameras and Scott just two handed Seguin, breaking his wrist, Chara would put his fist through his face. There is no doubt in my mind that if someone actually made Chara mad that he would crater their face.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Sheppy

I'm a B's fan to the bone, but people really overrate Chara's fighting ability, He would throw two punches and 'fall' like he usually does.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
CDJ*

If balance wasn't a factor, Chara. If it was, draw after 5 seconds or so until Chara falls and drags down Scott with him haha.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
It's a joke. Guy is the biggest pansy in the league, literally.
http://www.playerspoll.ca/

I guess you know something the players themselves don't, because out of 318 NHL players polled he was chosen the 2nd toughest guy in the league. ( behind #1 Milan Lucic who you probably also think is a pansy?)

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
du5566*

I love Chara but I think Scott destroys him if Chara doesn’t lose his balance and pull them both down to the ice.... Chara really isn’t that good of a fighter, just big. Scott is one tuff dude and just as big. Scott throws bombs!

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Aurel Joliat

We'll see sunday
Or Scott vs Thornton

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
The Kid

I doubt anyone will go with him, because the last thing the B's need right now is another injury. How the injury occurs is irrelevant at this point.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Blue 24 7 View Post
Scott has never lost a fight yet and chara always bails on the fight if he gets hit once. Scott would wreck him.
Scott has the crappiest fight card i have ever seen for someone his size. It is god awful. Once he starts fighting some real fighters he will be exposed for the fraud he is. Until then he will keep fighting the Dorsett's of the league.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Scott has the crappiest fight card i have ever seen for someone his size. It is god awful. Once he starts fighting some real fighters he will be exposed for the fraud he is. Until then he will keep fighting the Dorsett's of the league.
Well let's see Chara's fight card then. Make sure you scratch Koci off of that list since he isn't a "real fighter" by your definition.

Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Man Bear Pig

I don't think a lot of people realize that Chara really doesn't like to fight. Chara is easily the strongest player in the league, if he really wanted to cave someone's face in, he could. It doesn't matter how big the guy is.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:50 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:

Exactly. The only time the Bruins would take that fight is if a game is out of hand on the score sheet (4 goal differential either direction), otherwise, Chara is TOO important for the B's defense to be wasting 5 minutes in the box for fighting a fringe NHLer in a close game.

And if they were to fight... I think it would turn more into a big hugging match, or Chara would just go for a take down (with his wrestling background), rather than try to exchange blows with Scott. If Scott manages to get some shots in, I think he could take the fight, but Chara likely knows what he can/cannot handle and would approach the situation accordingly.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
I doubt anyone will go with him, because the last thing the B's need right now is another injury. How the injury occurs is irrelevant at this point.
haha nice try. Bruins like to drop the gloves and intimidate, we'll see how they will respond against a tougher team sunday ! It's Thornton job to fight Scott, not Chara

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

On the one hand, chara should be fined 5000 bucks for fighting a bum like Scott.

On the other hand, I have a feeling Scott is kind of a spot pickign bully, for a pure 4th line guy his fight card is weak. Comparing his fight card to Chara's is foolish, chara is best d-man in the league, he isn't going to fight every fourth liner in the league. but Scott, what's his excuse? No one will fight him?

Funny, Scottie somehow managed to get the 180 pound grinder from canucks Bolduc to fight him a couple of years ago.

But leagues best fighters are too scared? Doubt it.

My guess, Scott doesn't try too hard to fight chara.

Ends up with thornton and wins cause he is 50 pounds heavier and 8 inches taller. I wonder what Scott would do if a guy 50 pounds heavier than him with huge reach advntage challenged him? Probably hide behind Boogie like he did for wild.

Scott is huge and punches like someone to who weighs 270 and fights for a living should so he could beat anyone in any given fight, certainly including chara. But my guess is more often than not chara punches this spot picking clown back the ECHL where he belongs.

DVR set.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:43 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Scott refused Thornton twice earlier this year. Koci, Parros and Westgarth is it for Scott.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:45 AM
CDJ*

Scott has by far the worst card out of every "elite" heavy I have ever seen. It is pathetic.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLabel View Post
Well let's see Chara's fight card then. Make sure you scratch Koci off of that list since he isn't a "real fighter" by your definition.
Chara has fought Simon, worrel, brashear and laraque both multiple times, cairns, Shelley etc. Most of those guys would pummel scott. Again scotts card is junk . He won't even fight the best of today where the heavyweights are a joke compared to five years ago.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
NiKrejci

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
I think I'll give Scott the edge if it's a staged fight. Chara just can't stay on his skates when fighting.

Now, if John Scott is fighting Angry Chara...
Agreed. If it's Zdeno "the bear has been poked" Chara then I'm not too sure Scott has a chance. An angry Chara leaves nothing but destruction.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote