HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
AP, get him as much practice time with Playfair as we can, then send him down. Maloney is being careful with this one, seeing as the person we traded to get him was one of our biggest mistakes. I like what we're doing. Also, like rt said, im sure he's content with making the money he is now.

Last edited by Rabbit: 01-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I'm not worried about Runblad, this organization has proven it can produce defensemen.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
checkerdome

TSN just had a feature entitled "The Turris effect"

It described how :

The Senators were about a .500 team until Bryan Murray traded for Kyle Turris.

They are currently 10-1-2 in their last 13.

During that period, Kyle Turris has 9 points.

He's solidified Ottawa's top 6 by giving them the legitimate 2nd line centre they've been seeking to complement Spezza.

For his part, Turris says it's great to have the confidence of the coach and to be playing in the neighbourhood of 20 minutes a game, without worrying about making a mistake.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Reminds me of another Briere situation, although the potential for us climbing out of that hole this time is higher. Going to be interesting to see how this is spun if he continues to excel. Obviously just different coaching philosophies. Plus, it doesn't hurt to play with the offensive talent in Ottawa.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Well whatever, he didn't want to be here so we had to do it.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
MP

**** Kyle Turris. I'll take a recent Jack Adams-winning coach who managed to drag a bargain-bin roster into the playoffs two years running over a little prissy snot of a player who thinks he's too good to play for that coach, please and thank you.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I expected him to be a good player. It was fans of other teams calling him a bust. I feel like most Coyotes fans thought he'd end up a good player. He just had no interest in paying his dues and earning his opportunities. He was handed a fresh start and big minutes in Ottawa. Luckily for him, he made the most of his shot. Ottawa fans better hope he is never expected to rise above adversity, however.

01-16-2012, 06:53 PM
huhwhtfkr

damn straight, screw turris

Old
01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
TSN just had a feature entitled "The Turris effect"

It described how :

The Senators were about a .500 team until Bryan Murray traded for Kyle Turris.

They are currently 10-1-2 in their last 13.

During that period, Kyle Turris has 9 points.

He's solidified Ottawa's top 6 by giving them the legitimate 2nd line centre they've been seeking to complement Spezza.

For his part, Turris says it's great to have the confidence of the coach and to be playing in the neighbourhood of 20 minutes a game, without worrying about making a mistake.
It looks good now from Ottawa's end. Trades aren't won or lost in first 10 games though.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM

^ Yeah, we clearly lost that Wolski for Rozi trade ...oh wait, it's been more than 10 games and now we can judge it in a wider scope.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It looks good now from Ottawa's end. Trades aren't won or lost in first 10 games though.
He is too brittle a human being to play for a tough coach like Tippett.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

We've got 116 games and counting out of Wolski, then Rozsival. Colorado has had 21 games out of Mueller. We will Rozsival for nothing this summer, or maybe a 4th at the deadline. Who's winning that one? What if Mueller wins the Rocket Richard trophy next season?

Old
01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
We've got 116 games and counting out of Wolski, then Rozsival. Colorado has had 21 games out of Mueller. We will Rozsival for nothing this summer, or maybe a 4th at the deadline. Who's winning that one? What if Mueller wins the Rocket Richard trophy next season?
What if Gordon does? Come on, he's a talent, but not in that class.

Old
01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Is Mueller going to be a UFA at season's end? He's not getting a pay increase and will likely be negotiating how much of a pay cut for a one way deal this year. With that being the case he may hit the open market.

Old
01-16-2012, 10:05 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Much like Turris, Mueller was never going to do that here. So it's irrelevant. We got better after the trade, which player is better long term is irrelevant to me.

Old
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
I expected him to be a good player. It was fans of other teams calling him a bust. I feel like most Coyotes fans thought he'd end up a good player. He just had no interest in paying his dues and earning his opportunities. He was handed a fresh start and big minutes in Ottawa. Luckily for him, he made the most of his shot. Ottawa fans better hope he is never expected to rise above adversity, however.
I think a lot of Coyote fans do echo this sentiment. I don't think he will be the 70-80 point player that people talk about, but 50 points can be likely. What I think all of the Coyote fans do not appreciate is that it seems like he is a different player, outside of all of the "better location" stuff. There were a couple games last year where he was hanging around the crease and someone would give him a shove, and back away from contact. Then, he is on a different team, and he suddenly fights Briere? (Given, he may have been shoved around by someone more physically imposing than Briere).

My point is, where was this during his time here? If he was sandbagging it, guess what will happen when something doesn't go his way in Ottawa, or any other locale? Does he pull the same crap? I think that is what frustrates us - we know there is talent, but when it doesn't crop up over time - is it him holding back, or a lack of talent within the system. I don't think we got 100% out of Turris, which is BS...

Old
01-17-2012, 12:27 AM
BIitz
KeepingKlingberg

vCash: 50
Nothing or something. The Yote's could have him sitting on the couch still.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Not sure if you missed my point or if you were not responding to my point. I was referring to the 10 games following the Rozi-Wolski trade and how Wolski looked like he found a home on a scoring line with Gaborik and he had scored 3-5-8 in 10 games. Of course since then he's gone on to play 36 more games and produce 3-11-14 which was a much slower pace than his first 10 games.

Turris no doubt has more potential to keep his pace, but you cannot look at these types of deals in the short term and think that he's going to keep this pace.

I make no bones about losing the Wolski-Mueller trade. It's nearly ended up being a lose-lose trade given that Mueller's has only played 21 games the past 2 seasons, including missing all of last season and all but 6 games of this season. Those 6 games this season don't look encouraging at that.

Old
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Is Mueller going to be a UFA at season's end? He's not getting a pay increase and will likely be negotiating how much of a pay cut for a one way deal this year. With that being the case he may hit the open market.
He'll be an RFA.

Old
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
He'll be an RFA.
do you really think the Avs are going to tender him a qualifying offer at his current salary given his injury issues? Mueller will be taking a pay cut. The question is how much.

Old
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Not sure if you missed my point or if you were not responding to my point. I was referring to the 10 games following the Rozi-Wolski trade and how Wolski looked like he found a home on a scoring line with Gaborik and he had scored 3-5-8 in 10 games. Of course since then he's gone on to play 36 more games and produce 3-11-14 which was a much slower pace than his first 10 games.

Turris no doubt has more potential to keep his pace, but you cannot look at these types of deals in the short term and think that he's going to keep this pace.

I make no bones about losing the Wolski-Mueller trade. It's nearly ended up being a lose-lose trade given that Mueller's has only played 21 games the past 2 seasons, including missing all of last season and all but 6 games of this season. Those 6 games this season don't look encouraging at that.
Just expanding on the point. Wolski helped us reach the playoffs and had been a non factor since. Rozsival has basically been a non factor, and most likely never will make a significant impact for us. Mueller hasn't made any difference for Colorado yet, and may never. He's basically a toss up at this point. Basically what I was saying is that it takes years for these things to shake out. Even when its all said and done, usually no real impact has been made.

Ultimately, the true misfortune in this entire Mueller/Turris mess is that we ended up with the third pick in 07 instead of 06. That's the true bummer, here.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Builditagain*

Turris looking great tonite against T.O.
Its amazing how players improve after playing with skilled linemates with hands.
Of course it also helps if you get on the ice for more than 9 minutes.
Next game when the Coyotes are looking for a little offense I hope they remember these players they have scuttled.
It really is sad,pitiful in fact.The waste of what little offensive talent they have had.
Phoenix is like the Coyote strapping the ACME rocket to its arse,It just won't help catch that playoff spot Roadrunner.Gonna have a hell of a draft pick.Don't go picking an offensive player,they will just get rid of him again."we'll go around in circles,like a bird up in the sky".

Old
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
Its amazing how players improve after playing with skilled linemates with hands.
Next game when the Coyotes are looking for a little offense I hope they remember these players they have scuttled.
It really is sad,pitiful in fact.The waste of what little offensive talent they have had.
Phoenix is like the Coyote strapping the ACME rocket to its arse,It just won't help catch that playoff spot Roadrunner.Gonna have a hell of a draft pick.Don't go picking an offensive player,they will just get rid of him again."we'll go around in circles,like a bird up in the sky".
What a shame it was when they put him on a line with a plug like O'Sullivan. At least they could have bonded over all the bad advice their fathers gave them.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
I thought that you were a fan of the Coyotes. If so, what's with the celebrating. If not, why are you all over the Coyotes threads?

Old
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

I'm glad that he's doing well in their system. Hopefully next year Rumblad will make the same kind of mark on the Coyotes.

Closed Thread