HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Stump

vCash: 500
Rundblad.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I thought that you were a fan of the Coyotes. If so, what's with the celebrating. If not, why are you all over the Coyotes threads?
I believe he's a local troll who craves attention.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
On Tuesday, however, he'll have to return to his old home for the first time, and the 22-year-old knows not to expect a warm greeting.

"I expect to get booed," said Turris of his first game back Jobing.com Arena since the December trade that changed everything for him. "They've got loyal fans there. It's going to be a real fun game. I'm looking forward to it."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=612389

Old
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Not sure if it's the fans he needs to be thinking about. If Hanzal is back in time, his line will probably be matched up against the Spezza line, which leaves Boyd Gordon's line to match up against Turris's. That means Kyle will be going 0-fer on the dot, and it may mean having to play against Raffi Torres. That does sound like fun, but not necessarily for the Tourist.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I would never wish him injury but I do wish him pain and lots of it!

Old
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
moosemeister

I just hope Raffi or Chipchura takes a run at him

Old
01-18-2012, 02:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I hope Doan ruins him.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I will be there. Wouldn't miss it.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I hope Doan ruins him.
Would make me very happy to see Doan line him up.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
MP

Before I decide how hard I want Turris to get hit--as in, "shoulder bump" hard or "dasher sandwich" hard--and I'm leaning towards dasher sandwich--but I want to get my facts straight first.

I seem to recall Turris once saying something to the effect that he felt he was too talented to play for this team, the insinuation being that the Coyotes weren't good enough for him and that's why he wanted to be traded. Does that recollection have any basis in fact? Did ever say anything like that?

Old
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
huhwhtfkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Before I decide how hard I want Turris to get hit--as in, "shoulder bump" hard or "dasher sandwich" hard--and I'm leaning towards dasher sandwich--but I want to get my facts straight first.

I seem to recall Turris once saying something to the effect that he felt he was too talented to play for this team, the insinuation being that the Coyotes weren't good enough for him and that's why he wanted to be traded. Does that recollection have any basis in fact? Did ever say anything like that?
if he did than i think cream cheese would be his new name as he'll be smeared all over the place.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

Have to find the link, but during the summer Turris' agent inferred Kyle felt something to that effect.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
87turbobuick

I doubt the players will go out of their way to run him, this team rarely hits anyways so Turris has nothing to worry about.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
DesertDawg

Bump

Ottawa is winless in their last 6 games with a shoot out loss to NYI
KT is -4 in that span with 1 goal and 0 assists
45% face off % for the season
guess the honeymoon is over

Old
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Ottawa is winless in their last 6 games with a shoot out loss to NYI
KT is -4 in that span with 1 goal and 0 assists
45% face off % for the season
guess the honeymoon is over
well we all knew it wouldn't last forever. He's playing on a hell of a line though with Foligno (who is very underrated - I take back every bad thing I ever said about him; he is the hardest working player on this line and I would love him on the Coyotes) and Alfredsson.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
well we all knew it wouldn't last forever. He's playing on a hell of a line though with Foligno (who is very underrated - I take back every bad thing I ever said about him; he is the hardest working player on this line and I would love him on the Coyotes) and Alfredsson.
That's a little better than biz and Raffi

Old
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If he's still floating around and cherry picking on that line, folks in Ottawa will be all over him very, very soon. I still think he can be a good player, but he's going to have to work. What I saw him do on that line during the game here was stand and watch foligno work his ass off. Then Turris would wait around for Alfredsson to make some magic happen so he could cash in. That won't work on a playoff team. No way in hell. He's going to really have to change his act or he will end up in the dog house real quick. We've all seen how Turris handles being in the dog house. Instead of working through it, he takes it personally, holds grudges, cries into the warm embrace of his sycophantic support group, and starts making demands. He's like a woman that way. Haha.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
That's a little better than biz and Raffi
I bet you can count with your fingers how many shifts Turris has ever skated with Biz in a game. Can we please stop making excuses for the little **** head?

Old
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
hbk

Quote:
If he's still floating around and cherry picking on that line, folks in Ottawa will be all over him very, very soon. I still think he can be a good player, but he's going to have to work. What I saw him do on that line during the game here was stand and watch foligno work his ass off. Then Turris would wait around for Alfredsson to make some magic happen so he could cash in. That won't work on a playoff team. No way in hell. He's going to really have to change his act or he will end up in the dog house real quick. We've all seen how Turris handles being in the dog house. Instead of working through it, he takes it personally, holds grudges, cries into the warm embrace of his sycophantic support group, and starts making demands. He like a woman that way. Haha.
Foligno is the key on that line.

I'm also surprised that the teams in the East haven't picked up on how Aucoin played Turris that game as well. Turris became remarkably less effective after he took a few hits.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
MP

But... but if Kyle engages along the boards, how can he get ready for the Tuwrister? Heck, he won't even be facing the net...

Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
I bet you can count with your fingers how many shifts Turris has ever skated with Biz in a game. Can we please stop making excuses for the little **** head?
Top four linemates for Turris during last season based on TOI:

1. Upshall
2. Doan
3. Boedker
4. Stempniak

found here

Old
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Lol I posted from mobile. Should have made a better attempt at sarcasm. Not making excuses. I hope his NHL career is full of failure

Old
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM

It's obvious that the Turris we saw in the playoffs and after the trade to Ottawa were a taste of what he COULD BE. He has to work hard to be that player on a regular basis. He's not big enough to muscle through the strong defenses nor does he have the elite level talent to produce without that effort.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I was hoping Foligno was the player we would get in a Turris deal with Ottawa. Not sure what else we would have had to send.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
TJinAZ

Looks like Kyle is back to his old ways

Or it only took the East Coast teams a couple of games to figure him out. Pointless in 7 despite over 16 min per game. Ottawa is scoring but he isn't.

After 33 games he is on pace for a whopping 8 goals and 15 assists this year.

wonder if the Ottawa fans are still overjoyed.

Closed Thread