HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
huhwhtfkr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619091

No suspension for Turris. Bruins play the Senators on Tuesday. Glad I'm not Turris.
how does he not get suspended for that, what crap.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
how does he not get suspended for that, what crap.
so what happened to zero tolerance?
Shanahan is bias, IMO!

Old
02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619091

No suspension for Turris. Bruins play the Senators on Tuesday. Glad I'm not Turris.
I guess the Wheel of Justice really has made a comeback. Or maybe Shanny figured having to face the Bruins on Tuesday was worse than any suspension.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:06 PM
TJinAZ

Yea...

Maybe Sherriff Shanny is going to let the Bruins settle this on their own. Turris better keep an eye out all game or he is going to get planted.

I am thinking either Lucic or Thornton.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
so what happened to zero tolerance?
Shanahan is bias, IMO!
I don't think he's biased. I think he started out doing what he promised to do--clean up the league, especially when it came to hits targeting the head. Everybody was like, "Yeah, we totally need to get head shots out of the game, go to it Shanny!"

But then the owners noticed that "zero tolerance" meant that their players got suspended when they broke the ****ing rules. And the wages lost due to suspension could not have gone unnoticed by the Player's Association. People started to complain. All of a sudden, "zero tolerance" didn't seem like such a great idea anymore.

So, long story short, we're back to where we were last year.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:59 PM
lockstock

I wonder how many of you guys actually watched the video and not the gif. I know Turris isn't well liked around here, but it really wasn't that bad. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone uncalled.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
TJinAZ

I watched

And others have been suspended for less. He doesn't leave his feet but point of contact is head and into glass. If Corvo gets hurt it is a suspension. So the act was I believe suspendable but that he played the rest of the game made it not so.

Last edited by TJinAZ: 02-26-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Decides to take his frustration out on Joe Corvo's head and is going to he suspended.
Link? Curious as to how he has an assist in a game currently being played after you said he was suspended.

Last edited by The Expert: 02-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 05:07 PM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I don't think he's biased. I think he started out doing what he promised to do--clean up the league, especially when it came to hits targeting the head. Everybody was like, "Yeah, we totally need to get head shots out of the game, go to it Shanny!"

But then the owners noticed that "zero tolerance" meant that their players got suspended when they broke the ****ing rules. And the wages lost due to suspension could not have gone unnoticed by the Player's Association. People started to complain. All of a sudden, "zero tolerance" didn't seem like such a great idea anymore.

This!!

Doan got 3 games early in the season for a late hit that did nothing, while Clifford got nothing for a dirtier hit that led to a concussion.

Fans need to call Shanahan out.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
TJinAZ

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEpf5...layer_embedded

Turris also comes from outside field of view and behind, so it is technically a blindside hit to the head.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

We're talking about him too much. 2 points today so far including one empty net goal. Although they are playing the Isles.

Last edited by hbk: 02-26-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

Well said MP.... well said.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
I wonder how many of you guys actually watched the video and not the gif. I know Turris isn't well liked around here, but it really wasn't that bad. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone uncalled.
Agreed, it looked to me more like an awkward check from a guy that isn't a particularly good checker or hitter. If he did extend the elbow it wasn't used to hit with force IMO. Doubt there's any extra discipline coming.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinAZ View Post
Maybe Sherriff Shanny is going to let the Bruins settle this on their own. Turris better keep an eye out all game or he is going to get planted.

I am thinking either Lucic or Thornton.
Ottawa guys can handle the Bruins guys when it comes to toughness...Turris has no worries, he won't even need to look over his shoulder. Plus the Neil hit overshadowed the Turris hit. Turris is the last thing on the Bruins mind.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Turris hit someone??

Old
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I agree with who ever said it's a bigger hit for him to just play the Bruins.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:32 AM
TJinAZ

we will see

Quote:
Ottawa guys can handle the Bruins guys when it comes to toughness...Turris has no worries, he won't even need to look over his shoulder. Plus the Neil hit overshadowed the Turris hit. Turris is the last thing on the Bruins mind.
I don't think anyone had a problem with the Neil hit. It was hard but clean. The Turris one not so much. Other than Neil and Winchester who is going to answer the bell and protect Kyle? I will admit to not really paying attention to the Sens until Turris but Boston is loaded with hitters and fighters. McQuaid, Chara, Lucic, Thornton, even little Marchand and are known to be one of the toughest teams in the league. Not really hearing the Sens being thought of in the same way. Seems a little lopsided to me.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think anyone had a problem with the Neil hit. It was hard but clean. The Turris one not so much. Other than Neil and Winchester who is going to answer the bell and protect Kyle? I will admit to not really paying attention to the Sens until Turris but Boston is loaded with hitters and fighters. McQuaid, Chara, Lucic, Thornton, even little Marchand and are known to be one of the toughest teams in the league. Not really hearing the Sens being thought of in the same way. Seems a little lopsided to me.
Bruins/Sens is a potential first round matchup. I'm looking forward to seeing this game.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

nothing to see here other than another piss-poor decision by Turris.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:18 PM
MP

Sounds like Corvo's going to take matters into his own hands now. Usually these little dust-ups don't seem to amount to anything, but you never know...

Old
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
No offense, but Ottawa is one of the toughest teams in the league this year, top 5 in fighting majors. Winchester isn't tough at all and has been injured since 2011, you must be confusing him with Brad Winchester in San Jose. Ottawa has plenty of capable and more than willing guys in Carkner, Konopka, Smith, Neil, Cowen, hell even Foligno.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Kyle Turris once again proves he is a wonderful young man without any sense of snot-nosed entitlement:

http://www.senschirp.ca/index.php?op...land&Itemid=13

A few quotes from Turris that appear in the article.
Quote:
• “There’s nothing to do here. Nothing,” Turris says with a laugh. “If we’re not at the rink, we’re sitting around playing video games.”
• “The travel here is horrendous. It’s worse than junior,” he said. “We’ll fly into Helsinki then hop in a bus for four to six hours, meanwhile, we’ll make three stops on a six-hour bus trip for no reason. It’s awful.”
• “The food here is awful,” he explained. “On the road, we eat at truck stops. ABC truck stops. I’m not kidding. We file out of the bus and head off beside the highway for a buffet truck stop pregame meal. It’s ridiculous.”
Good luck with this spoiled brat of a little **** head, Ottawa. You’ve got a real class act on your hands.

Go to Europe, take some poor Finnish guy's job, and then gripe about how it's beneath you. There is some Finnish kid not playing in the FEL because Turris is sulking in his spot. Some guy who dreamed of playing in the FEL one day and is depending on that job to provide for his family. Instead, this brat takes his job and then trash talks the league and the country.

Class act kid. Class act.

12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Kyle Turris once again proves he is a wonderful young man without any sense of snot-nosed entitlement:

http://www.senschirp.ca/index.php?op...land&Itemid=13

A few quotes from Turris that appear in the article.

Good luck with this spoiled brat of a little **** head, Ottawa. You’ve got a real class act on your hands.

Go to Europe, take some poor Finnish guy's job, and then gripe about how it's beneath you. There is some Finnish kid not playing in the FEL because Turris is sulking in his spot. Some guy who dreamed of playing in the FEL one day and is depending on that job to provide for his family. Instead, this brat takes his job and then trash talks the league and the country.

Class act kid. Class act.
Meh, he doesn't like being out of his comfort zone. We've provided him a place where he can be in his comfort zone. Sounds good to me.

He's leaving because he tried something new and didn't like it. I'm not worried but it tickles me that you are

Old
12-18-2012, 01:41 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Only boring people are bored.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Meh, he doesn't like being out of his comfort zone. We've provided him a place where he can be in his comfort zone. Sounds good to me.

He's leaving because he tried something new and didn't like it. I'm not worried but it tickles me that you are
We've been through it.

Don't worry, at some point you will too. I promise you that you will be singing a much different tune when you see his reaction to the going getting tough in Ottawa. We will see who is tickled then.

Closed Thread