HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Builditagain*

vCash: 500
Got a point good for him.I'm sure Swede #2 will do fine soon as well.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:48 AM
SweYote

However he does in Ottawa fact remains he wouldn't have done it in Phoenix, so you can't really look at how he's doing and saying here's what the Yotes lost.

Old
12-21-2011, 06:54 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Turris gets his point after making a good defensive effort.

Go ahead and pinch yourself, this is real.
Turris wasnt that good. Most of the time he couldnt hold the puck for more than one second without giving it to the other team.

Was impressed by his shot and skating. His defense seems to be under appreciated. His big problem was board work and puck control(I honestly think that was due to rust and nerves, but we will see).

Old
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
His defense seems to be under appreciated.

I never had a problem with his defensive skills, I always thought those were progressing at a reasonable rate for an under sized offensive minded center. But I don't think he brought it to the table often enough to give him credit for it. And of course his size was still an issue last time he was actually in game shape for the Yotes.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
However he does in Ottawa fact remains he wouldn't have done it in Phoenix, so you can't really look at how he's doing and saying here's what the Yotes lost.
And whose fault is that?

Ans: Tippett

Old
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
It begins:

Turris: 1 Roondblad: 0

My money is that Turris gets to 100 before Rooney gets to 10.

What do you guys think?

Old
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
It begins:

Turris: 1 Roondblad: 0

My money is that Turris gets to 100 before Rooney gets to 10.

What do you guys think?
Good grief. Are you sure you actually cheer for this team.

Turris had a good shift and he got an assist. For the most part though on Tuesday he looked like the exact same player who was playing in Phoenix. Didn't really do much and was rather "meh". That being said, he delivered when he got some time and space and good for him. I hope he does well. I defended his abilities for the better part of the last year on the main board.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I don't know why I bother cleaning out the ignore list a couple of times a year.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Stump

Doesn't seem to matter. He's on my ignore list, but when someone quotes him, you still see the post.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
now in retrospect I can say

GOOD RIDDANCE

hope the Coyotes get a sleeper in the 2nd rounder.

don't see KT really making any sort of impact with the Sens, not with the players he is project to play with. My guess: he will be ~ a .5 p/g the 2nd half of the season, a slight improvement from last season, & his +/- will be -... He doesn't have Doan protecting him anymore.
he'll be playing with nhl's leading goal scorer. could be worse, no?

both rundblad and turris are gambles. i hope they both turn out well for both teams. why not?

Old
12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
ulf

Turris is full of potential as is Runblad and the second. All those defensive prospects the Yotes have will have lots of teams calling, and lots of options for the yotes if we have a hold out or someone doesn't develope to our liking. Build from the back end out.

Old
12-21-2011, 01:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
he'll be playing with nhl's leading goal scorer. could be worse, no?
Huh? Spezza is not the leagues leading scoring and the whole idea in trading for Turris is that he will NOT be playing with Spezza.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Leading goal scorer. Michalek? He's concussed still me thinks.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Leading goal scorer. Michalek? He's concussed still me thinks.
Oh. Why would Ottawa separate one of the leagues leading goal scorers and one of the leagues leading assist men? Just to put Michalek on Turris' wing? Both are shooters and neither are passers. Makes no sense.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Good grief. Are you sure you actually cheer for this team.

Turris had a good shift and he got an assist. For the most part though on Tuesday he looked like the exact same player who was playing in Phoenix. Didn't really do much and was rather "meh". That being said, he delivered when he got some time and space and good for him. I hope he does well. I defended his abilities for the better part of the last year on the main board.
he looked like the typical college kid in a debut. Didn't have the usual legs or timing and coincidentally, it's the same thing he said after the game (I said that stuff during).

I saw a better player in Phoenix. Successful for a debut nonetheless, but like him, I expect him to be better, and he'll get a boost when he plays with alfredsson who is really playing well these days.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

You have to admit it was pretty funny that the young guy we traded plays normal minutes and gets a point while the young guy we got for him was scratched. You couldn't have written the closing script on that trade any better.

I don't wish any ill will towards Turris. I hope he does well. I'm really excited to see our guy tonight. I want to see if he flashes any of that talent we saw in those vids.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Oh. Why would Ottawa separate one of the leagues leading goal scorers and one of the leagues leading assist men? Just to put Michalek on Turris' wing? Both are shooters and neither are passers. Makes no sense.
yeah, the plan right now was to have michalek on turris' RW, because of the way alfie was clicking with spezza. Turris will either have michalek or alfredsson on his RW and likely foligno on his LW.
I wouldn't mind seeing Turris play LW with spezza, but the whole reason for the deal was to get a 2C, so unlikely i guess.

(michalek is injured but expected back on friday. he has 19 goals, stamkos passed him with 20 now)

Old
12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
You have to admit it was pretty funny that the young guy we traded plays normal minutes and gets a point while the young guy we got for him was scratched. You couldn't have written the closing script on that trade any better.

I don't wish any ill will towards Turris. I hope he does well. I'm really excited to see our guy tonight. I want to see if he flashes any of that talent we saw in those vids.
You'll see some of the best one on one play of any dman in the league. What you won't see is him roam the ice like it's his kingdom because there isn't enough free ice to do it. That congestion can cause turnovers.

His best asset in the NHL will be his breakout ability combined with his ability to get around people through neutral zone and at blue line.

You'll get flashes and hiccups if he's anything like he was here.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Minister of Offence

You might even see willingness to throw the body, like in the vids, but you may have to wait for him to grow more before he hits to hurt.

Talented kid, his transition to smaller ice likely more difficult then Karlssons due to inferior foot quickness.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:57 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
You'll see some of the best one on one play of any dman in the league. What you won't see is him roam the ice like it's his kingdom because there isn't enough free ice to do it. That congestion can cause turnovers.

His best asset in the NHL will be his breakout ability combined with his ability to get around people through neutral zone and at blue line.

You'll get flashes and hiccups if he's anything like he was here.
We suck at entering the zone so this would be a HUGE help, especially on the PP.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
Doesn't seem to matter. He's on my ignore list, but when someone quotes him, you still see the post.
I don't bother with the ignore feature but I do catch myself completely skipping over posts based on a couple different avatars.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
We suck at entering the zone so this would be a HUGE help, especially on the PP.
He's a dual break out threat (feet/hands and pass) much like Karlsson is, he actually might be a little better with feathering passes and catching guys on the fly than Karlsson. We really liked the future with those two playing on the ice for 50 minutes a game (assuming they played separately), because at all times we had a guy that could get us into the other end with ease. Rundblad has the uncanny ability to make a defender deke himself out, pretty cool to watch when he's on with the puck.

You're gonna see a lot of things you like. In Ottawa we treated him like a sure fire 60 point Dman as soon as he got on the #1 unit. Maybe unfair, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. Hell, put him on the #1 unit for a year and you probably get 50+ already.

The question is, how long does it take for him to bring more positives to a game than negatives, and furthermore, just how much can he lean that ratio to his/PHXs favour?

Karlsson gets ripped on for defensive miscues....the fact of the matter is, were one of the highest scoring teams in the league because he's on the ice for 25 minutes a game either way. Rundblad may in time learn to be that kid of player as well. It's a nice project for Tippett tbh.

There's my assessment. I like the trade, it's a smart move for both sides' respective situations. I hadn't seen a lick of Turris over the past two years in PHX, I've since watched 4 games (2 from this year, and 2 from DET series)....after that, I decided this was a good move for us.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:

I think the Rundblad scratch is getting too much reaction. We had to dress Morris at some point. Also, the kid flew from Ottawa to Phoenix to Miami in 24 hours.

Old
12-21-2011, 04:16 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I think the Rundblad scratch is getting too much reaction. We had to dress Morris at some point. Also, the kid flew from Ottawa to Phoenix to Miami in 24 hours.
I agree. Way overplayed. Phoenix needs to get a feel on what they really have. You don't just toss a player to the wolves. In the grand scheme of things taking an extra day and familiarizing with the style of play of the team and giving Playfair a chance to introduce himself while getting a day to practice with his new defense partner (OEL) may be more important. Besides WE WON THE GAME which is kind of the point at the end of the day. Yeah, I would have rather seen Rundblad on the Point on the PP but I'll take the 2 points and be happy.

Old
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
SurMartin

Rundblads ceiling is sky high but IMO he should have been playing in the AHL. No idea why the Sens never sent him down but it's obvious he needs time to adjust to the NA-game. You'll have to get used to the thought that Turris will most likely be better for Ottawa than Rundblad is for you guys this season. Just have to be patient. Seeing him play now is like seeing him in his first season in SEL..

Closed Thread