HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justifying Turris Trade

Old
12-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Karlstrobe
"Lets Win It All"

vCash: 500
Justifying Turris Trade

- Center depth is the best thing to have. Spezza Regin once they get injured our depth down the middle in thin.

- Regin and Zibby can move to the wing giving us more top 6 options

- Turris was arguably Phoenixes best player in the playoffs, hes got game

- If anyone can mold Turris's game its Paul, hes proven to be great at player development, look at Foligno, Smith, Cowen, Regin etc.

- We only added a 2nd rounder because of market pressure. Rundy for Turris straight up was more then enough, the bidding war got PHX a second.

- With Karlsson being our offensive D, Cowen's offense is underrated, and we have other good D that can now come in. Boro, Classeon etc

- Turris is young and helps our playoff chances

- SOOO many good young D in this years draft Murray knows he can get another offensive Dman if he needs to

Did I miss anything? Am I the only one that likes the trade?

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
TSA0402

I like the idea of getting Turris for Rundblad. As much as I liked Rundblad, he was a bit of a redundant piece and I'm sure his defensive play wasn't impressing Murray or MacLean very much. Hopefully this gives Lee a better shot to prove himself at this level.

What I didn't like, was the 2nd that was added on top of it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Batali Crocs*

I have no respect for Turris. Dude's gotta earn it from me.

He's a selfish punk who hasn't done anything in the league for years.

Very sad to see Rundblad go. So much talent, it was just a matter of putting it together. There's no rush to trade him now. We're rebuilding for ****s sakes.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
would you guys have taken Sam Gagner for that deal?

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Iamok
#Panic

A 2C is far more important than a 2nd pairing defenceman, but whether or not that's Turris remains to be seen.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Most of us wouldn't have taken Turris for that deal.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post

Very sad to see Rundblad go. So much talent, it was just a matter of putting it together. There's no rush to trade him now. We're rebuilding for ****s sakes.
Kyle is 21 years old. You should try to make up your own mind about players rather than simply going by what other people say or write. He didn't want to be in Phoenix and wanted to go elsewhere.

I'd say that the individual acting like a child and calling people names when something doesn't go exactly the way he'd like it to go is the selfish punk.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TSA0402

Right now, Turris is as much a 2C as Rundblad is a top 4 d-man. Would have been nice if it was Bobby Butler going the other way instead of a 2nd rounder.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
German Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerFutureSniper View Post
- Center depth is the best thing to have. Spezza Regin once they get injured our depth down the middle in thin.

- Regin and Zibby can move to the wing giving us more top 6 options

- Turris was arguably Phoenixes best player in the playoffs, hes got game

- If anyone can mold Turris's game its Paul, hes proven to be great at player development, look at Foligno, Smith, Cowen, Regin etc.

- We only added a 2nd rounder because of market pressure. Rundy for Turris straight up was more then enough, the bidding war got PHX a second.
- With Karlsson being our offensive D, Cowen's offense is underrated, and we have other good D that can now come in. Boro, Classeon etc

- Turris is young and helps our playoff chances

- SOOO many good young D in this years draft Murray knows he can get another offensive Dman if he needs to

Did I miss anything? Am I the only one that likes the trade?
This.

We overpayed with the second but our prospect pool is very stacked. This years draft is stacked with great d talent. One of Murray, Dumba, Ceci, Rielly, Trouba, Reinhart etc could fill the hole Rundblad left in the long term plans. We already have our blue chip PP quarterback in Karlsson. Although i still don´t know if i like this trade it makes it not so bitter. If Turris can raise his game here we have great center depth with Spezza (28), Turris (22), Zibanejad (18) and Smith (23) for years to come. And our top d pairing doesn´t look to bad too with Karlsson (21) and Cowen (20). Murray sacrifized a part of our future but he also got a part of our future in this deal. If both Turris and Rundblad pan out with their new teams it is a good trade for both teams. But i rather have a great and young second line center than a great second pairing defender. With that being said good luck in Pheonix David and welcome to the Sens Kyle.

German Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Slow Hands
The feels

Quote:

Slow Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
HSF

if Turris pans out ottawa then ottawa has one scary core.

Spezza
Turris

Karlsson
Cowen

Lehner

and that isnt even counting last years draft players and Silfberg/michalek

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Batali Crocs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Kyle is 21 years old. You should try to make up your own mind about players rather than simply going by what other people say or write. He didn't want to be in Phoenix and wanted to go elsewhere.

I'd say that the individual acting like a child and calling people names when something doesn't go exactly the way he'd like it to go is the selfish punk.
Heatley didn't want to be in Ottawa = SENS FANS MAD

Turris didn't want to be in PHX = SENS FAN YAY?

What kind of logic is this?

The kid is a punk. Ridiculous contract demands and asking to be traded multiple times in the course of a holdout as a 21 year old. Ye, I'm ****ing happy he's on our team...

Old
12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Afro Thunder*

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=DL|OTT|home

I feel a little better now. The only players that we have that could shoot like that are Spezza and Alfie. Good to have a guy that could finish in our top 6.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Karlstrobe
"Lets Win It All"

Quote:

Wanting to leave a team that burries young players, and has questionable ownership is not unlikely. It's a business so Turris is only securing his future which by any means is fine by me. And its not like he pulled a Heatley.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Heatley didn't want to be in Ottawa = SENS FANS MAD

Turris didn't want to be in PHX = SENS FAN YAY?

What kind of logic is this?

The kid is a punk. Ridiculous contract demands and asking to be traded multiple times in the course of a holdout as a 21 year old. Ye, I'm ****ing happy he's on our team...
Heatley, a superstar in the NHL, signed a huge deal then forced Ottawa to trade him to where he wanted to after refusing to go to Edmonton. All this in the second year of his huge deal.

Turris, a highly touted prospect, was having an awful time in Phoenix and asked for a trade. Add to that the Coyotes have no real owner and a questionnable future as a franchise.

I guess when you reduce two complex situations to their common denominator (the players wanted out) and decide to omitt the important differences in the two cases yeah, Kyle Turris did the same thing Dany Heatley did to the Senators.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Batali Crocs*

Turris and Heatley both bailed on their teams. We criticize Heatley but willing to accept Turris with open arms? The only difference I see is the one player was proven and the other hasn't done jack ****.

Old
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Turris has spent his career playing on the third line for the Coyote's. Take a deep breath, watch some Turris highlights and relax a little bit. I doubt the scouts would have told Murray to pull the trigger if it weren't a good trade. This is like Heatley for Michalek.

I'll miss Rundblad, was looking forward to seeing him develop as a Senators, but I will live.

We now have 3 fairly bonofied second / third line centers. Plus Smith as our third line center and Zibanejad coming. The future is bright.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Iamok
#Panic

In my imaginary world where everyone pans out, Spezza - Turris - Zibanejad - Smith is a force to be reckoned with. Plus, Turris is a beast in NHL 12.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

I think the risk with Rundblad is if its true and he would go to seden if they sent him to the ahl thats a huge risk and who knows if he would have come back.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

It's sad that people even think we have to justify it.

Respect to Murray for trying to correct his mistake in getting Rundblad over Tarasenko in the first place.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
A 2C is far more important than a 2nd pairing defenceman, but whether or not that's Turris remains to be seen.
This is the reason for the trade.With Karlsson, it would be highly unlikely that Runblad pushes him out of being the #1, given both players style of play Runblad and Karlsson never play together (other than PP).Having said that, I hope Murray knows what he's doing here cause I think Runblad is gonna be special.
Wonder what becomes of the center situation now. Foligno has been great at center and we've got Smith, ZBad and DaCosta. Great depth, wonder if they are banking on some guys moving to wing?

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Turris and Heatley both bailed on their teams. We criticize Heatley but willing to accept Turris with open arms? The only difference I see is the one player was proven and the other hasn't done jack ****.
Turris didn't bail, he asked for a trade, signed a contract and waited for the GM to make a fair deal for Phx. Heatley hung Murray out to dry, but the real laugh in the end, Michalek is the better player and cheaper.

Players ask for trades all the time, it typically just doesn't get into the public air space. Personally I have no problem with players requesting trades, any more than I have a problem with GMs making them. It is all part of the sport.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:06 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hands View Post
The funniest part is that Gagner has proven a lot more than Turris as well.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
It's sad that people even think we have to justify it.

Respect to Murray for trying to correct his mistake in getting Rundblad over Tarasenko in the first place.
Getting Rundblad wasn't a mistake, it was a solid move. Tarasenko is still in Russia and the Blues may never see him in NA.

The play of Cowen and Karlsson have changed things dramatically for the Sens, in just two years.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote