HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justifying Turris Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2011, 03:58 PM
  #51
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I've watched both out here in the west and I would wager it easily. Turris is a completely different player than Gagne. Gagne plays along the boards, on the perimeter and then scores from the slot or when there is room. Turris goes for the net and makes room.
I don't disagree with what you've said about Gagner but I haven't seen anything to support what you're saying about Turris. Its actually quite the opposite from what I've seen/read/heard.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:00 PM
  #52
Eamonn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
Heatley didn't want to be in Ottawa = SENS FANS MAD

Turris didn't want to be in PHX = SENS FAN YAY?

What kind of logic is this?

The kid is a punk. Ridiculous contract demands and asking to be traded multiple times in the course of a holdout as a 21 year old. Ye, I'm ****ing happy he's on our team...
The ridiculous contract wasn't a real demand by him. He just wanted to be traded. And really, who would want to play in Phoenix? It's a **** hole with no hockey fans. Watch Turris turn into a great player for you guys.

Eamonn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:01 PM
  #53
burgess1978
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gold Coast
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Butler just may be the next to go now that the Sens have 15 forwards on the roster.
Butler is still waiver exempt (for a few more games). No need to trade him. Just send him down.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
  #54
Batali Crocs*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
The ridiculous contract wasn't a real demand by him. He just wanted to be traded. And really, who would want to play in Phoenix? It's a **** hole with no hockey fans. Watch Turris turn into a great player for you guys.
I ****ing hope so, because this trade looks like horse **** right now. I want to eat crow.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
  #55
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Our number one center was a 2nd overall. Spezza #19
Our number two center was a 3rd overall. Turris #91

That is kinda neat.


Last edited by Qward: 12-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:18 PM
  #56
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Good luck with that, apparently he declined going to the AHL at the beginning of the season and was forced to be in the pressbox.
Maloney doesn't acquire him if he's going to refuse assignment to the AHL. Barring catastrophic injuries he'll be in Portland most if not all year.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:18 PM
  #57
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Maloney doesn't acquire him if he's going to refuse assignment to the AHL. Barring catastrophic injuries he'll be in Portland most if not all year.
We will see.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #58
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I don't disagree with what you've said about Gagner but I haven't seen anything to support what you're saying about Turris. Its actually quite the opposite from what I've seen/read/heard.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...8&event=DAL457

Here is one of Richards hanging all over Turris... it didn't phase him.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:20 PM
  #59
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 500
I trust BM ,iam sure this trade will work out fine for us

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:28 PM
  #60
Spongetoe
Registered User
 
Spongetoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
I always thought Rundblad was overrated. Murray traded him while his value was high. Turris' value was low because of the hold out.

Sell high, buy low.

and before people jump on me for saying I always though Rundblad was overhyped, I called it last summer:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=917031
That's not really how "buy low, sell high" works, but I agree with you on the other points.

Spongetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:28 PM
  #61
Icelevel
Relentless
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,999
vCash: 500
could work

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Smith-Condra
Daugavins-Winchester-Neil

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:30 PM
  #62
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
The funniest part is that Gagner has proven a lot more than Turris as well.
and they are both the same age

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:40 PM
  #63
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Smith-Condra
Daugavins-Winchester-Neil
Here's my take:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfie
Winchester-Regin-Neil
Daugavins-Smith-Condra

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:41 PM
  #64
PatrickEaves
We Lost
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
I think you guys are missing the point.

We've massively upgraded our faceoff % as the year as gone on. All out centers are >50% except whoever has been at the 2nd line position, which has been terrible no matter who has been there (Zib, Da Costa, Foligno).

Turris is ~50%. Thus our faceoffs are now elite.

(I'm still trying to process why Murray is so bad at this thing called trading)

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:48 PM
  #65
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Here's my take:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfie
Winchester-Regin-Neil
Daugavins-Smith-Condra
that actually sounds pretty sick once you digest your favorite prospect is gone hence the avatar. all we need is a legit top LW and we could actually do decent in the playoffs if turris pulls his weight.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
  #66
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 8579
Turris needs to hit the gym with Greening!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM
  #67
armani
Guy Likes
 
armani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
I always thought Rundblad was overrated. Murray traded him while his value was high. Turris' value was low because of the hold out.

Sell high, buy low.

and before people jump on me for saying I always though Rundblad was overhyped, I called it last summer
What does this trade have anything to do with Rundblad being a bust?

With the Turris move today, it signals the organization's intention of making the playoffs. It is also Alfie's last season and he has been playing great lately, and with Michalek/Spezza/Karlsson amongst the league's statistical leaders, they want to make hay while the sun shines.

With the emergence of Cowen as a top minute defenceman, I think Rundblad was not going to get that opportunity to be a top-2 defenceman on this team. The trade definitely favours Phoenix now, as I believe Rundblad will be a 50-point offensive defenceman. I am inclined to believe that both Murray and MacLean have high expectations of Turris, and the 2nd was given as a result of market pressure - as several other teams were after Turris.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:54 PM
  #68
Kai Yo T
Registered User
 
Kai Yo T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I've watched both out here in the west and I would wager it easily. Turris is a completely different player than Gagne. Gagne plays along the boards, on the perimeter and then scores from the slot or when there is room. Turris goes for the net and makes room.
Makes room? More like gets ignored by the other teams D while floating! The reason he sucks so bad on the perimeter and along the boards is because he is so easy to knock off the puck... "make room"? Unless someone delivers a puck eith a bowtie on it setup for the perfect shot he has nothing... he has nothing but a good wrister that heavily relies on being spoon fed. TURN OVER MACHINE!

Kai Yo T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
  #69
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
that actually sounds pretty sick once you digest your favorite prospect is gone hence the avatar. all we need is a legit top LW and we could actually do decent in the playoffs if turris pulls his weight.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:56 PM
  #70
JonnyMacSen
2nd round Chlapik!
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
that actually sounds pretty sick once you digest your favorite prospect is gone hence the avatar. all we need is a legit top LW and we could actually do decent in the playoffs if turris pulls his weight.
I hear Murray likes Penner

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:07 PM
  #71
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I hear Murray likes Penner
Senators
Regin
Butler

Kings
Penner
2nd round


Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
  #72
Icelevel
Relentless
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I hear Murray likes Penner
karlsson and a 2nd?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:14 PM
  #73
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,714
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Entirely possible. Recently people were calling for Rundblad to be sent to the AHL after Gonchar or Kuba returns.... many of these people are now having mini-freakouts, as if we traded Karlsson.
So while people seen that Rundblad wasn't NHL ready, they aren't suppose to like him or the potential that he has?

I don't know much about Turris, but not exactly a fan of trading away Rundblad.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
  #74
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,093
vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Time to package him and our 1st for Brassard.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:26 PM
  #75
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by btilli View Post
Makes room? More like gets ignored by the other teams D while floating! The reason he sucks so bad on the perimeter and along the boards is because he is so easy to knock off the puck... "make room"? Unless someone delivers a puck eith a bowtie on it setup for the perfect shot he has nothing... he has nothing but a good wrister that heavily relies on being spoon fed. TURN OVER MACHINE!
You're either a bitter fan of Phoenix or a Toronto fan who is bitter because your GM couldn't make a move to get Turris. Either way... bitter.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.