HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #32 : Kings @ RedWings - Saturday, 12/17/11 @ 4:00 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2011, 07:53 PM
onlyalad

vCash: 500
hey Kings out-shot Detroit in the first. So now all we have to do is get the league to change the scoring so the team with the most shots wins and maybe we use actual goals as a tiebreaker

Old
12-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Nex06

After 3-1 I thought Kings are winning Stanley Cup this season. After 4-1 I think Kings have a chance of winning draft lottery. Are my emotions too extreme here or is this pretty normal?

Old
12-17-2011, 07:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Such ridiculous nonsense. New Jersey can't even sell out a playoff game, nobody cares about that team and there is no pressure yet they have been very successful.
And why so many Canadian teams have won the cup recently.

Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
What if they are ignoring you? :mind blown:

lol, nobody can ignore me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent
Sure he's had blunders, but it wasn't his fault that they couldn't get the puck out of the zone in the first place. I forgot which forward gifted the puck at the blue line. So godamn frustrating.
It's not all his fault, but this is happening every game. Positioning after faceoffs, bad giveaways...the team cannot afford to cover for Jack's mistakes. They don't score enough to cover them up.

Old
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
hey Kings out-shot Detroit in the first. So now all we have to do is get the league to change the scoring so the team with the most shots wins and maybe we use actual goals as a tiebreaker
Goals AGAINST as a tiebreaker and I'll sign.

Old
12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

the attitude will change come Tuesday

Old
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Sure he's had blunders, but it wasn't his fault that they couldn't get the puck out of the zone in the first place. I forgot which forward gifted the puck at the blue line. So godamn frustrating.
Johnson had the brutal pass to Lewis's skate that caused the turnover,

Sorry, that 1st period hasn't been his best..

Old
12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
the attitude will change come Tuesday
Oh really? Who's getting traded? Stoll, Brown, Johnson?

Old
12-17-2011, 07:58 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Johnson had the brutal pass to Lewis's skate that caused the turnover,

Sorry, that 1st period hasn't been his best..
I agree. Again, it's just frustrating.

Old
12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
damacles1156

Wake me in the end of Jan, or Feb when it's just getting interesting or it's over. By then Sutter will have his staff/system, and Discipline in place. Also the trades Dean is thinking about, will have been made.

Until then the Kings are going to stink up the place.

Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
KingsFan7824

If I was Sutter, I'd just tell the players to stay home next Thursday. Do nothing but skate them hard in the practices, and then just don't even bother with the game. Maybe then the players would be embarrassed. Maybe. Hopefully Sutter is a dictator, and hopefully he makes all of them cry.

Old
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
shot mentality wins games....you didn't get the memo?

Old
Kingurentai

Bernier is Luongo-like in the way he gives up goals. Looks like he didn't even try.

Old
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Actually tonight both times were his fault... First was a forced passed into the feet which was then turned over for the goal. Second was another poor forced pass which luckily got returned and then he forced the puck into oncoming opposition, lost the board battle which directly caused the goal...

Old
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

These are dark days for this team. The only hope I see is that it is still relatively early, but it is very disappointing to see this team struggle like this after the preseason expectations. Let's see if this PP does something.

Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Sutter's definitely a player-driver type. We'll get what we wish for or this bunch of sissies will completely melt down and they aren't worth keeping around in that event.

Old
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
greengiant91

I'm done this years team is joke, especially DL and his BS, there's always next year! That should be the kings motto

Old
12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Guys, if you're done with the kings, then just leave. There's really no need to make an announcement.

Thanks

Old
12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If your words had any significance or meaning and if you had any true insight and fortitude, you wouldn't have to keep repeating it and rubbing it in everyone's face, they would stand alone, speak for themselves, and be remembered. You spout off at the most frivolous moments to stand atop your ant hill screaming how right you are every little moment a single game goes wrong. Get over yourself, this is reality, this is our team, you can't do anything to change it, your voice and efforts fall on deaf ears, and the team will continue on in the same direction regardless of your challenges towards your own brethren.

You cry for change and then when it happens, before it is even enacted you decide to try to alienate yourself further. Obviously under your plan you would fire all management and staff, arrest control of the organization away from AEG and have half the team executed. That's nice, you go have your little fantasies, but the rest of us accept the fact that things will remain in AEG's control, Lombardi still has this season work on the team, we have no say at all in the matter, and we have change imminently on the horizon that gives us new possibilities going forward into the future.

The odds are vastly in your favor you laugh at a team and tell them that they won't win anything anytime soon. I can do that to any team in the league and likely be right. Standing around flaunting it is one of the most petty things conceivable.
I'm definitely not laughing at the team - and I'm definitely not saying any of this to gloat. Change is coming, but if the fans aren't going to demand results from Day 1, ultimately nothing will change.

Look - I don't want to be right. I want the team that I've been a fan of for 38 years to finally do what they have promised to do forever - put a winning team on the ice without all of the excuses, and charts, and talk about potential.

DL has had 5+ seasons to right the ship and AEG has had over 15 years - and yet we all sit here embarrassed by performances like this. The ONLY reason they can get away with this kind of bilge is if the tickey buying public puts their collective foot down and says no more ticket buying, no more merchandise, etc. until this futility ends. They don't improve because they don't have to - selling tickets is their ultimate goal, not championships.

For all I care, you can all block me - it won't change the message or the results. Nothing will change until you come to your senses and stop enabling.

Old
12-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Bandit

Remember when Kopitar scored goals? Man, the good ol' days...

Old
12-17-2011, 08:10 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Guys, if you're done with the kings, then just leave. There's really no need to make an announcement.

Thanks
Awesome to have an extra moderater around here

Old
12-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Bandit

Detroit hasn't had a shot yet in the period. This smacks of the first one going in...

Old
12-17-2011, 08:11 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I'm definitely not laughing at the team - and I'm definitely not saying any of this to gloat. Change is coming, but if the fans aren't going to demand results from Day 1, ultimately nothing will change.

Look - I don't want to be right. I want the team that I've been a fan of for 38 years to finally do what they have promised to do forever - put a winning team on the ice without all of the excuses, and charts, and talk about potential.

DL has had 5+ seasons to right the ship and AEG has had over 15 years - and yet we all sit here embarrassed by performances like this. The ONLY reason they can get away with this kind of bilge is if the tickey buying public puts their collective foot down and says no more ticket buying, no more merchandise, etc. until this futility ends. They don't improve because they don't have to - selling tickets is their ultimate goal, not championships.

For all I care, you can all block me - it won't change the message or the results. Nothing will change until you come to your senses and stop enabling.
Show me an owner that doesn't care about the bottom line, please, anyone? That's just BS.

As far as winning team, unless you have a really narrow view of what winning is, the last two seasons have been winning seasons,

You say you are right because you cherry pick the performances, obviously this hasn't been one of their better ones, but where were you when they destroyed St. Louis 5-0? When they beat a hot Dallas team 5-2 or 4-2 whatever it was? Where were you then?

To be honest, I could care less where you were, the point is, you pick and choose what performances you use for examples that you were right, which is utter crap.

The season is 82 games long and we aren't even at the halfway mark and people are writing them off, it's ridiculous.

Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
People are definitely going to be held accountable if the Kings don't turn it around. That's all I have to say on the AEG/DL front. If this team flounders further, DL is gone. AEG thought they built a winner and paid money to win because DL sold them on his plan and this team's turned out to be a dud this season. I don't think AEG is going to accept anything less than winning from here on out.

Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

well this is going well

Closed Thread