HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

...Good on paper?

Old
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
so you think by presenting these quotes, you could convince a jury that Leino intentionally deceived management?

good luck boss
The quotes could be used as evidence in that situation, yes. Seeing as he did say that he could do it. But getting back onto my main point, which was that regier and the buffalo scouting department should have done a better job looking into the matter. The fact is that as a center he is a 3rd line guy. He makes WAY too much to play on the third line. People argue that Gaustad makes too much for the 4th line, why is Leino immune to that same point, when he makes WAY more then Gaustad.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The quotes could be used as evidence in that situation, yes. Seeing as he did say that he could do it. But getting back onto my main point, which was that regier and the buffalo scouting department should have done a better job looking into the matter. The fact is that as a center he is a 3rd line guy. He makes WAY too much to play on the third line. People argue that Gaustad makes too much for the 4th line, why is Leino immune to that same point, when he makes WAY more then Gaustad.
If that was your main point... maybe you should've said it at some point in the thread...

Up until this post, it seems like your main point was regarding Leino's actions... there's not a single mention of Regier/Buffalo Scouting department not doing their homework...

The Jury acquits....

Quote:
I think out of the three signings, the mistake was Leino. He fleeced the sabres into a contract by claiming he could play center....Ehrhoff is a good pickup. MAG should be 7th man or in rochester. He doesn't belong in a top role like Ruff seems to think. I think Regier saw that and tried to fix that issue by aquireing Ehrhoff. Ruff loves Grags and there isn't too much Regier can do short of firing ruff at this point on that front though ruff seems to be getting the point thank god.
Quote:
I'm not saying that it wasn't Darcy's fault for buying that, was just saying that Leino tricked him into giving him that contract. It is a bad contract, but hell if I were Leino and I could get that kind of money to be on the third line Id sign on the dotted line. I fully agree with you...maybe I just worded it wrong.
Quote:
Too bad it is well documented that Leino came to buffalo to play center and said he was able to play the position at a high level. He himself said it. Not I heard that he heard that my friends brothers couson heard that he said this. Which is honestly all your Roy talks can be based around.

Please look up Begging the Question. Its a logical fallacy that 99% of your posts define.
Quote:
If sombody is documented as saying somthing on the record, then it can be used as evidence in an argument, which is why documented quotes are admissible as evidence in court. Hense the reason it is ok to quote a person in order to divine ingtentions, when not taking the quote out of context. You are as fallacious as they get lately. Not even making a real argument.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
HiddenInLight

Wow, taking my points out of context. I'm sure that the implied jab at the signing was completely missed and the future I will be more straight forward. The other quoted posts were in response to you completely derailing the topic.

Old
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
DJN21

Anyone else feel that its our offensive scheme that lets us down game after game? Im so tired of the dump andchase method for this team. Its effective but aside from Kassian theres no one willing to go and get the puck once its been dumped. Its the same thing everytime we hit center ice...dump it in and lose it to the other team's defense. Everytime ennis gets the puck at center I get excited cuz hes the only one willing to take it past the blueline himself.

If you look back at alot of the goals we've scored recently you'll see PP goals, goals on odd man rushes and breakaway goals...this team appears highly incapable of simply starting out with their defense making a good neutral zone pass and then a forward breaking the blue line without dumping it all the way in. God I miss p*ssed off Myers who would take itend to end and create chances lol

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Wow, taking my points out of context. I'm sure that the implied jab at the signing was completely missed and the future I will be more straight forward. The other quoted posts were in response to you completely derailing the topic.
Ok, sorry. Please point out which post indicated that your MAIN point was in regards to the scouting department doing a bad job.

for future reference.... a MAIN point, should be rather straight forward. which sentence, paragraph, or post was i to infer your MAIN point about the scouting department. please quote...

I gather, that the sillyness of your original main point (Leino's trickery), was proven to be rather weak on evidence... and to continue debating, as suchm, was futile...in this regard, you attempted to insert a new main point into the conversation, at which point the conversation history was reviewed to reveal no such point was ever made.

the Jury declares a mistrial

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Everything is going wrong at the same time, basically.
Murphy's Law, First Corollary -- Just when you think something has gotten as bad as it can get, it will get worse.

Injuries. Slumps. Dubious coaching decisions. Added together and you have the masses on the ledge looking to jump.

12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Murphy's Law, First Corollary -- Just when you think something has gotten as bad as it can get, it will get worse.

Injuries. Slumps. Dubious coaching decisions. Added together and you have the masses on the ledge looking to jump.

Unfortunatly whenever you refer to Murphys Law the situation to which is applied gets even worse.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

Pegula has a massive coronary, and leaves the team to Quinn in his will?

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote