HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

It's Time

Old
12-17-2011, 08:50 PM
sabresandcanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterEMT33 View Post
Big time.

I had the Pittsburgh broadcast and after the second goal the commentators said, "Lindy Ruff is fired up and yelling at his team to get going." What happened next? Pittsburgh scored another goal to go up 3-0. It's very obvious that the players are tuning Ruff out and the time for him to go is now.
I think you hit the nail on the head...it just seems like Ruff and the players have reached the point of no return.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Our bottom 6 this year have been completely useless when Tropp and Kaleta aren't in the line-up.

Honeymoon is over with McCormick. It's great that he fights but he's been terrible except for that. And even that wasn't up to par this year with his eye getting smashed in. Gerbe when playing was useless. Gaustad has been useless. Ellis apart from being very good at making sure we don't get scored on when he's out there (was best in the league last I checked) has been useless.

There's a lot more than just Stafford/Roy/Leino sucking and Ruff needing to have been fired years ago going on right now.

This year has basically been Vanek, Pominville, Regehr, Enroth (for like 5 games) and A LOT of passengers.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:02 PM
wyldthing89

It seems they left too much in yesterday's game , not much left in the tank.

Just a game to forget.

PS: As we speak right now, Toronto is now out of playoffs !!!

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Whammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterEMT33 View Post
Big time.

I had the Pittsburgh broadcast and after the second goal the commentators said, "Lindy Ruff is fired up and yelling at his team to get going." What happened next? Pittsburgh scored another goal to go up 3-0. It's very obvious that the players are tuning Ruff out and the time for him to go is now.
I would've killed myself if I would've had to listen to Steggy and Errey cream over each other with the Pens performance tonight.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:04 PM
oldgoalie
thanks Millsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
I would've killed myself if I would've had to listen to Steggy and Errey cream over each other with the Pens performance tonight.

that tandem sucks *almost* as bad as NESN.

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
I know this is a GBU thread, but...

This is not a well put together team. Injuries aside, this team should be more competitive.

Some observations:

Luke Adam had a goal. He is too slow to be a #1 or 2 center.

Paul Gaustad has been a fixture at #3C. I don't resign him unless the dollars are less.

Kassian stays up with the big club. Today wasn't great, but we need size and attitude. If Lindy is tempering the spark, please let Zach hit more.

MAG wasn't awful tonight, but he is not in my top 6 d-men on this team.

This team needs scoring. .. waiting for Thomas Vanek to do all of the scoring is not going to cut it.

Regehr had a few bad clears tonight, but this was Darcy's best acquisition of the off-season.

After the Carolina semi-finals loss the Sabres have been over drafting d-men. Who is left in the pipeline to score?

I had pencilled in Tyler Ennis for a big Stafford-like raise after last year. Now I think the numbers will be more Sekera-like.

This leads me to my Christmas wish list: Zach Parise as an UFA (if available). The numbers will work if the Sabres replace Goose with Sczczczczchura (I'm Polish and it's still a mouthful) and get Ennis under a reasonable 2nd contract.

Sorry for the scattered thoughts, but this team needs something more than Bob Corkum at the deadline.

Ron C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
We just need to get healthy. We are 3-1-2 in games started by Miller since his return. That means we are earning 66% of available points in those games. We just need to stay afloat and near the playoff picture until the cavalry returns. We will be awesome then! Remember how we were 5-1 when we were 100% healthy. We aren't panicking, and we aren't going to make rash decisions.

/ Ted Black

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:19 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
We just need to get healthy. We are 3-1-2 in games started by Miller since his return. That means we are earning 66% of available points in those games. We just need to stay afloat and near the playoff picture until the cavalry returns. We will be awesome then! Remember how we were 5-1 when we were 100% healthy. We aren't panicking, and we aren't going to make rash decisions.

/ Ted Black
How long until we hear "The sky is not falling..."

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:21 PM
jfb392

Harrington says that if the Caps win tonight, the Sabres will be 9th in the East.
Pretty sure that's incorrect, as we are tied with the Leafs in points but lead in ROW, so we'd be 8th.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:23 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Injuries hurt but we have most of defense now and we are loose back there. The goaltending is taking me back to the Tom Draper years. It's bad. Miller hasn't played this bad since he first came up. He has sucked an awful lot lately and so has Emroth. No idea what the answer is to those two.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Sabres owner Terry Pegula following an 8-3 loss to his home-state Penguins: "We saw some great goaltending tonight, didn’t we?"

"If they [as a team] think they played well, we’ve got more problems."
Well, it was bad enough for Terry to speak out.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:29 PM
rabi

Quote:

/ Ted Black
Nope...still 3-0-2...

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:32 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
Well, it was bad enough for Terry to speak out.
This is somewhat calming. At least he recognizes it.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:34 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Wait, so there were actually THREE goalie changes? Am I reading that right? Miller > Enroth > Miller > Enroth? Holy hell, glad I didn't try to watch this one.

This is quickly starting to resemble the "I'm obviously trying to get fired" behavior Ruff was pulling a couple of seasons ago.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi View Post
Nope...still 3-0-2...
Read it again. I said 3-1-2 in games he started. Not Miller's record, which is 3-0-2. What I said was accurate.

Old
12-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Sabres' Ryan Miller after getting pulled twice during 8-3 loss to Pittsburgh: "I just didn’t have it."
No. ****ing. ****.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:41 PM
5 Minute Major

Speaking strictly for tonight, the Sabres defensive scheme was pretty decent. They only gave up 26 shots. The goaltending let them down in a big way.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:

/ Ted Black
Vanek, Pommer, Roy, Stafford, Goose, Miller.... all healthy....

the injury excuse doesn't float with me... oh no, a bunch of guys who played like dookie most of the year have been out... big deal

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Whammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

the injury excuse doesn't float with me... oh no, a bunch of guys who played like dookie most of the year have been out... big deal
Yup. Hell, I didn't know half of the Pens team tonight.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

What a pile of **** that was. Good lord. Back up a solid 60 minute game with THAT?

Wish Terry would have spoke about the entire team instead of just the ****in goaltending. What a complete joke.

Merry Christmas *******s.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Wish Terry would have spoke about the entire team instead of just the ****in goaltending. What a complete joke.
Quote:
John Vogl
More from Sabres owner Terry Pegula: "If they [as a team] think they played well, we’ve got more problems."
When an owner gets vocal like that, it's a pretty decent bet changes are on the immediate horizon if this doesn't get better fast. Pegula hasn't put in this much money and effort just to run a subpar team.

Better Call Saul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:07 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
When an owner gets vocal like that, it's a pretty decent bet changes are on the immediate horizon if this doesn't get better fast. Pegula hasn't put in this much money and effort just to run a subpar team.
Didn't see that.

Good. There better be ****ing changes. **** rolls down hill... Been rolling down the Sabres hill for years. Time to change a hell of alot more than who signs the paychecks before ruining our cap any more with worthless, heartless sacks of ****.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Thank the lord, I'm glad Pegula is noticing all this. This team has no backbone, need an infusion of guts and leadership if this team is going to go anywhere.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:17 PM
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor

What we need is not available. Cunneyworth or Dineen should have been up with our club getting ready to take over. Ruff must be kicked upstairs--he is a good hockey man but a lot of coaches who have won more trophies and Stanley Cups than Ruff have been let go over the years for the good of the club. Now is not the time to make a deal either--we will get hosed. Kyle #@$%# Turris re turns Rundblad and Ottawa 2nd in 2012! Please! I am afraid we will be Ottawa and not Phoenix in any deal made now. Miller has lost it--he needs a new home as do Roy and Stafford----but let's do it when we can maximize the return. We are not in Boston's league, nor Philly nor the Rangers nor a Crosbyless Penguin team. Erhoff, Boyes when he returns' and Leino will not take us to the Cup.

Pegula did the right thing trying to add to the club--it is clear however that the core needs replacing not just a few additions. There are enough good parts to the club to do a major and successful makeover and I hope the planning is under way. I think we need to get a new coach to see if that is the key issue first. I think it is that and more but we start with the coach....

hizzoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

Apparently the fake signature wasn't a giveaway that I was poking fun at Black?