HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rebuild

Old
12-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Goose08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Fire Regier
Fire Ruff
Trade Miller
Trade Roy
Trade Stafford

what's that...overhaul or rebuild?

i don't give a **** if you call it an underbuild... who gives a ****. the premise is to clean the house.
There's a pretty big difference between trading 3 core players and building a whole new team around the youngsters you named earlier.

Goose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose08 View Post
There's a pretty big difference between trading 3 core players and building a whole new team around the youngsters you named earlier.
Not really. Building around certain players doesn't mean you have to get rid of everyone not in that circle.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose08 View Post
what's the difference?

how does trading 3 core players, not result in building around the youngsters?

it's the same thing...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Techno Allah

This will never happen. Nobody will buy tickets after the team trades away all their talent.

Techno Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:10 PM
OpethianSabre20

I agree that there needs to be a big change and that Darcy should be shopping guys like Stafford and Roy, but it's not likely that he'll be able to find a trading partner right now. It's only December 17th. There aren't many teams looking to make major shake-ups right now.

I don't think you'll see major changes until the offseason.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:16 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Allah View Post
This will never happen. Nobody will buy tickets after the team trades away all their talent.
I have seasons and i'd renew. Better to see a bunch of guys like Kassian, McNabb, etc play every game than these gutless sacks.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I agree that there needs to be a big change and that Darcy should be shopping guys like Stafford and Roy, but it's not likely that he'll be able to find a trading partner right now. It's only December 17th. There aren't many teams looking to make major shake-ups right now.

I've made this point.....somewhere

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

That's why I'd start looking around for new GM/coach options now. Give them some time with the current team to evaluate this season and let them start making changes in the offseason.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Allah View Post
i think that may have been true in the past. but now, i think the fan base would recognize what Pegula was doing, and would believe in him.

you wouldnt buy tickets?

I thought Buffalo lived hockey?

Old
12-17-2011, 11:37 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:

I thought Buffalo lived hockey?
Zing!

Old
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
philly didnt fire the gm/coach...
Buffalo doesn't have anywhere near the talent that Philly "overhauled" around.

Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock must still be the coach / gm of the flyers then if they weren't fired?

I say lets be super awesome and rebuild like the Pens! Let's have us be the most godawful team 5'years in a row, get 5 straight top 5 picks and have the NHL have a behind closed doors "lottery" for the best player in the last 20 years ! And I use the words lottery very loosely because only an idiot doesn't think the NHL rigged the draft so the halfway to Kansas City Penguins didn't move.

Sabres only need a few moves to become relevant again... First couple should be to fire Lindsey and Marcy, trade the overrated deadweight (Staff+Roy) and get rid of the fan favorite scrubs (Goose and Gerbe)

The problem is the fans are too enamored with horrible players and will rip you to shreds if you badmouth them.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post

Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock must still be the coach / gm of the flyers then if they weren't fired?

I say lets be super awesome and rebuild like the Pens! Let's have us be the most godawful team 5'years in a row, get 5 straight top 5 picks and have the NHL have a behind closed doors "lottery" for the best player in the last 20 years ! And I use the words lottery very loosely because only an idiot doesn't think the NHL rigged the draft so the halfway to Kansas City Penguins didn't move.

Sabres only need a few moves to become relevant again... First couple should be to fire Lindsey and Marcy, trade the overrated deadweight (Staff+Roy) and get rid of the fan favorite scrubs (Goose and Gerbe)

The problem is the fans are too enamored with horrible players and will rip you to shreds if you badmouth them.
laviollete/holmgren.... didn't get fired when they traded carter/richards...

Old
12-17-2011, 11:55 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Ah gotcha, thought you were referring to the 06-07 Flyer rebuild, which also turned out good for them

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:55 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Good call Jame.

On a roll tonight.

Me likey.

Old
12-18-2011, 12:03 AM
hockeyfan2k11

From a Habs fan on the outside looking in. Sabres are a very solid team. I don't think a rebuild is necessary. Too many good pieces on that team to rebuild. Maybe retool. But I'd probably fire Lindy first. No way this team should be playing this poorly.

I will say. I think everyone thought the Ville Leino signing was stupid.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
From a Habs fan on the outside looking in. Sabres are a very solid team. I don't think a rebuild is necessary. Too many good pieces on that team to rebuild. Maybe retool. But I'd probably fire Lindy first. No way this team should be playing this poorly.

I will say. I think everyone thought the Ville Leino signing was stupid.
i Sabres actually have NONE of the pieces necessary to win a cup... we have a handful of very productive (short or very short of elite status) forwards... we are seeing for a 5th consecutive year, that this core group is not capable...

if making the playoffs a couple times in 5 years is acceptable, then give em all raises!

Old
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
kirby11

What I'm hoping for if we overhaul/rebuild/whatever the heck you want to call it.

1. Deal Roy/Staff for picks and a decent center, a 1b/2a type guy, since pretty much anyone can be effective between vanek and pominville. Or bundle them and a pick for a true#1 center.
2. Get a coach who will actually holds people accountable for their play. There was a post in a GDT where Gragnani was at forward and it basically said that it looks like grags gets rewarded for not really doing anything and got handed that spot b/c of his position on the powerplay unit. He got the 4th line spot over ellis, a guy who works his butt off for every shift, and that doesn't send a good message. This team is way too complacent with their play. I'm ok with them waiting til the offseason to get rid of lindy and darcy, but barring a miraculous turnaround, I want them gone.
3. Deal Goose for frans nielsen and have him be the next hecht if leino doesn't fit that mold and picks up his offensive game. And deal boyes for a pick at the trade deadline
4. hope that hecht resigns for a cheap one/two year deal.

so...next year hopefully looks like this
Vanek-X-Pommer
Ennis-Adam-Kassian
Gerbe-Nielsen-Leino
Hecht-Szcechura-McCormick.

Myers-Regehr
Sekera-Weber
McNabb-Ehrhoff

Miller
Enroth

Last edited by kirby11: 12-18-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo
kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Havok89

To be honest I could live with this top six:

Vanek-X-Pominville
Ennis-Adam-Kassian

Trade Roy, Stafford, Miller, and anyone else and blow this season up. Ennis-Adam-Kassian is the perfect combination of speed, skill, size, and grit. Let these kids develop chemistry and they would be dominant in a few years.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:

That will likely be because Buffalo missed the playoffs.

I'm surprised that Buffalo and Anaheim didn't swing a deal...the Ducks are still in the dregs, even with the coach swap.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
To be honest I could live with this top six:

Vanek-X-Pominville
Ennis-Adam-Kassian

Trade Roy, Stafford, Miller, and anyone else and blow this season up. Ennis-Adam-Kassian is the perfect combination of speed, skill, size, and grit. Let these kids develop chemistry and they would be dominant in a few years.
im comfortable with that as a starting point.

but let's not let that top 6 center spot mask the other flaws all over this roster and obviously behind the bench.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
i Sabres actually have NONE of the pieces necessary to win a cup... we have a handful of very productive (short or very short of elite status) forwards... we are seeing for a 5th consecutive year, that this core group is not capable...

if making the playoffs a couple times in 5 years is acceptable, then give em all raises!
I'm sure a lot of people said the same about the Bruins last year. Sabres have some nice pieces. They just need to build on that. Cut some of the fat and you'll be fine.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
gallagt01

Despite the poor season, I'm not ready to trade Miller. The fact of the matter is, Enroth isn't very good. Teams have his five-hole figured out entirely. He's been BAD for a while now after a hot start.

I'll agree, trade Roy and Stafford. Keep Kassian up. Give Lindy the boot, and take it from there.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:15 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas
Any interest in Derek Roy? What would you be willing to offer in terms of picks/prospects?
Rene Bourque (3,333,333)
Mikael Backlund (1,270,833)
2012 1st (Flames)

for

Derek Roy (4,000,000)
2012 2nd (Flames or Sabres)
Just threw that up at the Calgary board and that's what they offered for Roy. Not bad at all in my opinion. If this was for real and I was darcy I'd take it in a minute and be proud to tell of how I fleeced the Flames twice in less than a year.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I don't understand why anyone would trade Pominville or Vanek. Unless you're receiving a top line center of the likes of Getzlaf, Malkin, etc. They've carried the team on their shoulders the entire season. Roy, Stafford, Miller can all go as far as I'm concerned, Miller should be in a #1 goalie for #1 goalie swap, because Enroth is not a #1 goalie, and I don't think he ever will be.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:26 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Everyone's value is pretty low right now. I doubt we could get much of a return for Miller. The bigger question is, what happened to him? I don't blame Lindy for his poor play.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote