HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rebuild

Old
12-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Everyone's value is pretty low right now. I doubt we could get much of a return for Miller. The bigger question is, what happened to him? I don't blame Lindy for his poor play.
He always ***** the bed against the Pens. His confidence must be at an all time low.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Ted Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Fire Regier
Fire Ruff
Trade Miller
Trade Roy
Trade Stafford

what's that...overhaul or rebuild?

i don't give a **** if you call it an underbuild... who gives a ****. the premise is to clean the house.
This is exactly what I want. We need to get rid of some of the core of this team and get a new vibe in that locker room. Keep Vanek, I'm fine with getting rid of anybody else in the core.

Here are the players I'd like us to keep:

Musts: Vanek, Regher, Myers
Really would like to keep: Ennis, McNabb, Sekera, Erhoff, Leopold, Weber, a couple others I'm forgetting.

Want to see traded BAD: Roy, Stafford, Miller

We need a shake up. Something at least somewhat major that involves getting rid of Stafford and Roy.

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I don't understand why anyone would trade Pominville or Vanek. Unless you're receiving a top line center of the likes of Getzlaf, Malkin, etc. They've carried the team on their shoulders the entire season. Roy, Stafford, Miller can all go as far as I'm concerned, Miller should be in a #1 goalie for #1 goalie swap, because Enroth is not a #1 goalie, and I don't think he ever will be.
I'm not saying I want to trade either of those two. But if the right deal were proposed, I'd take it. And yes, they're carrying us now, but what about in the playoffs.

But overall, yes, I'd rather see them get rid of Roy and Stafford first. Also, if the return is good enough, sell Miller at the trade deadline, see what Enroth gives you over the last 20 games as a real test and decide whether to pursue Josh Harding as Millers replacement for next season, or Marty Biron as Enroth's backup.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
I'm not saying I want to trade either of those two. But if the right deal were proposed, I'd take it. And yes, they're carrying us now, but what about in the playoffs.

But overall, yes, I'd rather see them get rid of Roy and Stafford first. Also, if the return is good enough, sell Miller at the trade deadline, see what Enroth gives you over the last 20 games as a real test and decide whether to pursue Josh Harding as Millers replacement for next season, or Marty Biron as Enroth's backup.
In the playoffs? Vanek had 5 goals in the playoffs, Pominville had 4 points in 5 games, what more do you want from them. David Krejci only went 23 pts in 25 games last year. Our players are not the Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkins and won't put up ridiculous numbers like they do. This is about a team effort, and frankly that is the problem here. I'd love more out of Vanek and Pominville, but they are doing everything they can, they are the real leaders of this team, not Miller. If it wasn't for Vanek and Pominville, we'd all be deciding who to pick, Grigorenko or Yakupov.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Just threw that up at the Calgary board and that's what they offered for Roy. Not bad at all in my opinion. If this was for real and I was darcy I'd take it in a minute and be proud to tell of how I fleeced the Flames twice in less than a year.
Meh.
Not a fan of Bourque or his contract and Backlund is somewhat interesting but looks more and more like just a European league player each day.
The 1st is enticing, depending on how high it is, but risky.

There are probably better packages available.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:47 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
In the playoffs? Vanek had 5 goals in the playoffs, Pominville had 4 points in 5 games, what more do you want from them. David Krejci only went 23 pts in 25 games last year. Our players are not the Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkins and won't put up ridiculous numbers like they do. This is about a team effort, and frankly that is the problem here. I'd love more out of Vanek and Pominville, but they are doing everything they can, they are the real leaders of this team, not Miller. If it wasn't for Vanek and Pominville, we'd all be deciding who to pick, Grigorenko or Yakupov.
But it's about when they score those points. No one on this team, in my opinion is truly clutch. Like Drury scoring in the final seconds against the Rangers a few years ago. That's what this team is missing, a guy who can be the guy when the game is tight. We don't have one.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:55 AM
dma0034

I bet Pegula is telling regier right now that a deal better be made.

I'd love to see the Sabres pull seperate trades to get Briere and Iginla (two guys that want to win it). Lets say Roy for Briere straight up and 1st, Boyes, Stafford, and Pysyk for Iginla (who knows?)

Pominville - Hecht - Vanek
Leino - Briere - Iginla
Ennis - Adam - Kassian
Kaleta -Gaustad- Gerbe

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
I bet Pegula is telling regier right now that a deal better be made.

I'd love to see the Sabres pull seperate trades to get Briere and Iginla (two guys that want to win it). Lets say Roy for Briere straight up and 1st, Boyes, Stafford, and Pysyk for Iginla (who knows?)

Pominville - Hecht - Vanek
Leino - Briere - Iginla
Ennis - Adam - Kassian
Kaleta -Gaustad- Gerbe
So much wrong with that.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Kassian54

Board have to send a clear message to the team. It might only take some personnel change (Regier/Ruff or both) to change the mood within the team. It shows that they want to be better and that they are not satisfied in the situation atm. We know that our core have potential so fire either one and let's see would it boost some players. There is roster freeze coming for holidays so new GM/Coach would have good time to weigh in the options if the players playing poorly would not step up enough.

Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:25 AM
joshjull

Stay on topic folks and stop the personal stuff

If you don't like the thread topic, ignore the thread.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:29 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Maybe we need 1 or 2 more good Arse whippin's and a trade is probably going to happen.

Right now, I think Pegula and Black chalk up most of these losses to the injury catastrophe.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
So much wrong with that.
Like what?

Fits the win now (next 3 years)? Check
Get rid of the "cancer" ? Check
Gives the Sabres leadership in the lockership (real leadership) ? Check

Don't forget that with Briere you get a CLUNCH playoff preformer that could be big for Buffalo.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Maybe we need 1 or 2 more good Arse whippin's and a trade is probably going to happen.

Right now, I think Pegula and Black chalk up most of these losses to the injury catastrophe.
yea, with all those core players missing... Black watched Pitt win without Malkin and Crosby, you think he's saying to himself... "well they have been without Boyes and Hecht for most of the year..."

the only significant injury was Myers... and he was playing like **** prior to it.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:42 AM
dma0034

[/B]
Quote:
yea, with all those core players missing... Black watched Pitt win without Malkin and Crosby, you think he's saying to himself... "well they have been without Boyes and Hecht for most of the year..."

the only significant injury was Myers... and he was playing like **** prior to it.
Malkin : 3G 2A 5P

I know Malkin was practically invisible out there but I asure you he did play.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:45 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

Hey, I'm not saying it's a great frame of mind. I am just throwing out an opinion of what Pegula and Black may be thinking about most of these losses. It's possible

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:09 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
yea, with all those core players missing... Black watched Pitt win without Malkin and Crosbyto it.
And their top 3 defensemen... TOP 3

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
La Cosa Nostra
FIRE MURRAY

And not to mention Pittsburgh had fired their coach mid season a few years back and then 4 months later they won the cup, but somehow Lindy is too valuable to lose

Pittsburgh is just like the Patriots of the NHL a great franchise that just wins no matter what.And if Ted Black was so great why is he no longer with the Pens? It seems he is nothing more then a slicker, more likable and a little bit more efficient Larry Quinn. The fact he got mad that the media/fans were suggesting Ruff gets fired shows how big of a tool he is.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Luceni

Firstly, Fire Ruff.

Secondly, trade Roy, Stafford, and two firsts of 2012 and 2013 for Getzlaf.

Trade Boyes and Grags for Brassard or Nielsen.

Ennis - Getzlaf - Pomineville
Vanek - Brassard/Nielsen - Kassian
Leino - Adam - Tropp
Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaleta

Regehr - Myers
Weber - Sekera
Erhoff - Leopold
McNabb first callup by injuryi, Persson sits in press box

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
[/B]

Malkin : 3G 2A 5P

I know Malkin was practically invisible out there but I asure you he did play.

last year...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
static80

From the comments out of Ted Blacks office after this thumping from Pittsburg it looks like we fans are expected to endure more the status quo and be patient for the roster to get healthy, which judging by the additional injuries after this game isn't going to happen anytime soon.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:12 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I don't think a rebuild happens with Regier at the helm. You need an objective GM to come in and wipe the slate clean. Which I still think is a bit drastic.

We have seen this team slump before. We know we are ravaged by injury. And we know we are in the playoff hunt.

Relax.

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:28 AM
JPurp26

a new GM can do things his way, I agree Regier won't rebuild this is his group

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Like what?

Fits the win now (next 3 years)? Check
Get rid of the "cancer" ? Check
Gives the Sabres leadership in the lockership (real leadership) ? Check

Don't forget that with Briere you get a CLUNCH playoff preformer that could be big for Buffalo.
First, why would the Flyers EVER trade Briere straight up for Derek Roy? That makes zero sense for them to do.

Second, you're adding $1.5 million in salary cap, which the Sabres can't afford.

Third, both of those guys would be 35 by the time next season started. The Sabres better win the cup within a year or two otherwise you gave up a bunch of assets for nothing.

Fourth, Briere and Iginla both have NMCs in their contracts.

Fifth, Iginla's contract expires at the end of next season, so unless an extension is reached (which isn't at all guaranteed since he might just retire), you blew two starters, a first round pick and a good prospect on a one year rental.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Fire Regier
Fire Ruff
Trade Miller
Trade Roy
Trade Stafford

what's that...overhaul or rebuild?

i don't give a **** if you call it an underbuild... who gives a ****. the premise is to clean the house.
I'll honestly admit I don't follow "league happenings" as much as some people but when was the last time a team fired their GM/coach and traded their number 1 goalie and 2 of their top 6, 2 months into the season?

I'm not saying this team doesn't need some changes but are changes of this caliber really going to happen during the season?

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:23 PM
McTank

Quote:
Just threw that up at the Calgary board and that's what they offered for Roy. Not bad at all in my opinion. If this was for real and I was darcy I'd take it in a minute and be proud to tell of how I fleeced the Flames twice in less than a year.
That is exactly the kinda trade I wanna make, I'm not particularly interested in Rene bourque but acquiring a first from a team like Calgary is how we are eventually gonna get a number one center

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote