HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rebuild

Old
12-18-2011, 12:31 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

last year...
Boyes wasn't injured last year, in fact he played 83 games.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Havok89

vCash: 500
To Philly:
Roy + Stafford

To Buf:
Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn
1st round pick
Salary dump

Buffalo's top six:

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
Ennis-Couturier-Kassian

Or:

Vanek-Schenn-Pominville
Ennis-Adam-Kassian

Terrible?

Pegula wants a cup in 3 years, he did not expect to get one this year. Roy and Stafford would be great in Philly playing in a lesser role beiind Giroux and Jagr, and Roy has played with Briere before.

Buffalo gives up a lot for a future great player that will be a major contributor in 2-3 years, along with Myers, Ennis, Adam, and Kassian.

This trade builds towards our future, and allows us to part ways with key members of tge Rochester core who continue to bust under pressure in the playoffs.

Last edited by Havok89: 12-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Havok89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
McTank

I dunno if Philly would take that I think they value couturier and schenn very highly but I would be happy with that deal if it happened

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
I dunno if Philly would take that I think they value couturier and schenn very highly but I would be happy with that deal if it happened
Then add, Philly needs A defenseman to help replace Pronger. If Myers, Regehr, and Ehrhoff are off the table, Maybe Philly would take Leopold.

Old
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
To Philly:
Roy + Stafford

To Buf:
Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn
1st round pick
Salary dump

Buffalo's top six:

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
Ennis-Couturier-Kassian

Or:

Vanek-Schenn-Pominville
Ennis-Adam-Kassian

Terrible?

Pegula wants a cup in 3 years, he did not expect to get one this year. Roy and Stafford would be great in Philly playing in a lesser role beiind Giroux and Jagr, and Roy has played with Briere before.

Buffalo gives up a lot for a future great player that will be a major contributor in 2-3 years, along with Myers, Ennis, Adam, and Kassian.

This trade builds towards our future, and allows us to part ways with key members of tge Rochester core who continue to bust under pressure in the playoffs.
More like Schenn for Myers. The Flyers don't want Buffalo's garbage.....they have plenty of forwards better than Roy and Stafford who are severely overrated to begin with.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
More like Schenn for Myers. The Flyers don't want Buffalo's garbage.....they have plenty of forwards better than Roy and Stafford who are severely overrated to begin with.
Stafford is overrated, Roy I think is underrated around the league. Doesn't get recognition as a consistent 70+ point player.

What the hell has Schenn done to be on Myers trade value level?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Stafford is overrated, Roy I think is underrated around the league. Doesn't get recognition as a consistent 70+ point player.

This. Myers is Buffalo's franchise defenseman. Schenn is not in the same category. if Myers is being traded to Philly, #28 is on his way back, and that's not happening.

Old
12-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post

Then Schenn and Gustafsson for Kassian and Gragnani. The point is the Flyers would not be trading a young centre with star potential and a 1st round pick for older, overpaid and overrated forwards. Roy is tiny and breaksdown every year and makes a lot of money.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Then Schenn and Gustafsson for Kassian and Gragnani. The point is the Flyers would not be trading a young centre with star potential and a 1st round pick for older, overpaid and overrated forwards. Roy is tiny and breaksdown every year and makes a lot of money.
Wow, literally every single thing you said right here is wrong.

Unless by older, you mean simply older than Schenn. Both Stafford and Roy are pretty much just entering their prime now.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I think you all owe it to Ruff to ride out this injury mess before axing him. Regier on the other hand, is going to need to do something by the trade deadline to make this team less likely to become...man handled by tougher teams. Nevermind the horrid goal-tending, it was men vs. boys last night. This core can't win a playoff round, I'm convinced of that.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
First, why would the Flyers EVER trade Briere straight up for Derek Roy? That makes zero sense for them to do.

Second, you're adding $1.5 million in salary cap, which the Sabres can't afford.

Third, both of those guys would be 35 by the time next season started. The Sabres better win the cup within a year or two otherwise you gave up a bunch of assets for nothing.

Fourth, Briere and Iginla both have NMCs in their contracts.

Fifth, Iginla's contract expires at the end of next season, so unless an extension is reached (which isn't at all guaranteed since he might just retire), you blew two starters, a first round pick and a good prospect on a one year rental.

1. Because Roy is younger, cheaper and puts up more points per season
2. Adding 1.5 to the cap.... you act like getting around that is difficult.
3. We want to win a cup in 3 years. THREE not in the next decade THREE. What better way to do it they take two of the better postseason players and put them together?
4. Briere would waive. Iginla may or may not.... thats up to him
5. Yes because no way can the Sabres reach a deal with Iginla OR try to trade him next year

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM
MyersMagic57*

Were gonna look at this thread in a few months and laugh when were riding a winning streak and nearing the top of the conference. After using this website over the past 2 years, I've noticed a few trends:

1) if we start losing, everyone freaks out says ruff needs to be fired and we need to trade everyone
2) if we start winning, we praise everything and all our players
3) people's opinions on certain players change monthly

I still think it is way to early for everyone to be freaking out. If we were to win our next 5 games straight, I guarantee you everyone on this board would have a sudden change of heart

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Techno Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
1. Because Roy is younger, cheaper and puts up more points per season
2. Adding 1.5 to the cap.... you act like getting around that is difficult.
3. We want to win a cup in 3 years. THREE not in the next decade THREE. What better way to do it they take two of the better postseason players and put them together?
4. Briere would waive. Iginla may or may not.... thats up to him
5. Yes because no way can the Sabres reach a deal with Iginla OR try to trade him next year
No way Philly agrees to that for reasons you stated yourself. Briere is a playoff warrior. You're seriously reaching with all your points here. Very unrealistic.

Techno Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Yes lets blow up our roster and miss the playoffs for the next few years because fans freak out when the team isn't playing well. It can't be because every day an NHL'er gets hurt an has to be replaced by a 20 year old rookie.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
This is the equivalent of totaling a car that needs a little bodywork.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I was thinking the same thing. My "equivalent" is a car that needs a new set of tires and a tune up. But instead let's keep the license plates and scrap the car.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

you think your camry just needs a little body work, before entering it in a car show with ferrari's

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Almost. The Sabres are a sports car with a Corolla motor. They need some engine work before the car runs like it should.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:13 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

you think your camry just needs a little body work, before entering it in a car show with ferrari's

Crazy people always think they are the sane ones even after they are in a padded room with their special white coat on.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
Yes lets blow up our roster and miss the playoffs for the next few years because fans freak out when the team isn't playing well. It can't be because every day an NHL'er gets hurt an has to be replaced by a 20 year old rookie.
Obviously you weren't paying attention.
The slide began before the injuries, so this excuse is just that, an excuse.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

If Pegula's goal is to win a Stanley Cup in the next 3 years, then a blow it up and rebuild right now is out of the question.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:26 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
I bet Pegula is telling regier right now that a deal better be made.
Given Ted Black's recent interview on WGR, I doubt that is the case.

Pegula is ever the optimist. I think he believes that all they have to do is get healthy.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Given Ted Black's recent interview on WGR, I doubt that is the case.

Pegula is ever the optimist. I think he believes that all they have to do is get healthy.
If Pegula is smart, he will wait until the team gets healthy and see how they are playing at that time. If the inconsistent play does not improve, then think about doing something a bit more drastic. I doubt he is the rash, panicking type like some on this board.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:38 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
If Pegula is smart, he will wait until the team gets healthy and see how they are playing at that time. If the inconsistent play does not improve, then think about doing something a bit more drastic. I doubt he is the rash, panicking type like some on this board.
I do not believe there will be enough time in the season for your theory given the injuries already.
The season will most likely be in jeopardy by that time and if it's one thing I do know, Pegula is fully aware you have to be invited to the dance (playoffs) if you want to get a full evaluation of your dance partners.

A move will be made for sure. Probably a roster move, they'll call it a shake up and then move on from there.
The question is, does it happen after the freeze or at the deadline. The deadline may be too late and I'm sure they are aware of this.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
I doubt that he's going to tell Regier what to do as much as some on this board think.