HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New coach, same old team. Habs lose 5-3.

Old
12-18-2011, 12:06 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Patches DD Cole
LL Eller AK
Cammy Gomez Gionta
Moen White Noki

Markov Gorges
Kaby Campoli
Emelin Diaz

Price

Is not that bad on paper
1st.. Plekanec?
2nd.. If you're going to use White as center, you're better off using Darche on the wing than Noke.
3rd.. Weber has as many points (or close) to Gomez in 6 games on the 4th line. Gomez sucks.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Leblanc - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Gomez/Noke - White/Darche

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Oooh, regale me, what did he come up with now?
Basically called the Habs out for not wanting to throw hits and to illustrate his point showed highlights from the game with less than 5 mins to play. 90% of this footage consisted of the team passing the puck in their own zone (all the while maintaining possession).

Now, you'd think the lesson here would be that the Devils' forechecking didn't allow the Habs to muster much offense, but apparently PJ wanted the team to take a series of interference penalties.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
cammalleri still didn't score
darche still with 20:00 TOI
pacioretty with 17:00 TOI
still sit back in the third
still can't protect a lead

fire the coach!!!

ohwai

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
JM's line have been logical relative to the way he's used them. Moen playing top-6 has always been because they are two-way units expected to play tough opposition, never about the silly "bringing energy" approach Carbonneau use.
Well, using Carbonneau as a bench mark for logical line making is a bit silly. Laraque on the first anyone? Moen playing top six is not exactly what I'm referring to. But eller on the wing, Gomez with AK after the first time that line shat itself, Jay Leach playing 3rd line RW, pyatt in the top 6, etc.

Quote:
Really? Who? I'm not sure it showed on the ice.
Three that I can look at and say "yeah they probably haven't been very happy with JM," are Plekanec, Eller, and Cammi.

Cammi's gone on record several times saying that he believes in chemistry. Everytime he was on a line that started developing something good, eg. ATM line, it was broken up. And for no other reason than JM believed in "duos." His comments today are also pretty indicative that he was not happy with the situation.

Eller's pretty understandable.

Plekanec just looks tired.

edit: I can almost guarantee you that AK hates JM's guts too. lol

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:16 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Basically called the Habs out for not wanting to throw hits and to illustrate his point showed highlights from the game with less than 5 mins to play. 90% of this footage consisted of the team passing the puck in their own zone (all the while maintaining possession).

Now, you'd think the lesson here would be that the Devils' forechecking didn't allow the Habs to muster much offense, but apparently PJ wanted the team to take a series of interference penalties.
PJ Stock is the most egregious of all the CBC haters.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
He's an embarassment to the CBC.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
And the little punk still sounds like he has just finished puberty.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's an embarassment to the CBC.
Sorry, this is entirely wrong. PJ Stock showed a long segment of play between the Habs and Devils that counted the number of hits that could have been made but were abandoned. PJ argued that it was because of recent concussions and suspensions and how it has confused players about what they can and can't do. It had nothing to do with embarrasing the Habs the subject was concussions.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:34 AM
almostjesus*

It still doesn't feel to me that hockey season has started. I'm not even excited about games anymore...I don't feel like watching hockey.

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
DaHabMan

wow! im speechless at the fact that after all we went through the last few years, people are actually doubting and bashing price...wow...

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Martin gets fired and then we got even more Darche lol
I tried to tell you thirty eight times that he was one of the least used forwards under Martin. The whole thing was a created myth. Hope you enjoy what you asked for. Tons of emotion! Also tons of all over the place. (although it is only one game)

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:52 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
wow! im speechless at the fact that after all we went through the last few years, people are actually doubting and bashing price...wow...
not only that, but I keep reading that he let in softies. People don't count the dozens of incredible saves that he racks up that would be goals because he makes it look easy. He made the right play on all those goals. The only kind of weak one was the first. The others he was left hanging out to dry (which was a lot like the end of the Carbo era).

Campoli...seriously. That's the reason the game changed. In the third period you cannot give the Devils the lead. And weren't we on the PK when we decided to go on a nice little 3 on 1 (or maybe it was moments after) creating an odd-man rush including Elias. Really, you're gonna fault Price for that?
I thought he played a perfectly fine game, his D was not there for him and Cole's 3 penalties hurt. We also need more PP success. It's gotten a little better. It needs to get a LOT better.

I'm actually optimistic. The games have been close and have been lost due to isolated mistakes. You just can't explain them and can only hope we don't make such stupid brainfarts. It's always a turnover when we're coming out of our zone. Seriously Campoli? Seriously? On the night you get your first Habs goal.

As for scoring, Pleks should have passed to AK on the 2 on 1.
Nokes has to finish that breakaway, so does AK. Not that it's easy, but that's how close we are to winning. Not like we've been getting dominated game in game out. No rebuild, just find the back of the net. I think we'll make the playoffs and will be a different team come April.

BTW I thought Darche was actually one of the better players tonight, so enough with his ice time, lots of penalties, including Patches essentially ruining any chances to tie.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Sorry, this is entirely wrong. PJ Stock showed a long segment of play between the Habs and Devils that counted the number of hits that could have been made but were abandoned. PJ argued that it was because of recent concussions and suspensions and how it has confused players about what they can and can't do. It had nothing to do with embarrasing the Habs the subject was concussions.
Didn't see his comments tonight and I don't care what they were. I stand by what I said. The man has no business being on the air.
Quote:
Can't do much when you're giving up 2 on 0s where two guys have time to play ping poing with the puck before putting it in the net.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:59 AM
habtastic

For LOLz:

remember when Cammy was at the side of the net with Brodeur down. He had all the time in the world. Just had to do his normal shot placement which is his bread and butter. You know he's got stuff swirling around in his head when the puck ends up as a home run. Take it easy on those biosteel products!

Old
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I don't think people are doubting him or bashing him.

He didn't play well tonight though. He wasn't the worst player on the team and a few of the goals were bad team efforts, but he didn't play well either.

That 5th goal was a softie. It was a beauty shot by Zubs, but there is no need for Price to be on his knees for that. Zubrus had no angle until Price goes down and BAM, top cheese.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He made reference also to come conflict between the players. I like Randy's honesty, like he said "we need to call a spade a spade."

Looks like there are some cliques in the lockeroom again. Personnally, when I heard Larry Carriere was going to be behind the bench(I know that he wasn't tonight, Randy said they'll settle that out in the coming games), I immediately thought it was Gauthier sending the headscout behind the bench to get a sense of the friction between the players and where the cliques are starting from.

I don't think Gauthier's done yet. Judging by the interviews, just pure body language, Cammalleri just doesn't seem on the same page as anyone else. I won't be surprised if someone significant is moved in the next week or so.
i've heard from a source i consider quite reliable that what you've observed is both very true and just the tip of the iceberg.

wont' go into further details or make any specific claims since I have no interest in discussing my source, but let's just say that sometimes where there is smoke there most certainly is fire... burning raging forest clearing fire...

very interested to see how it plays out, both in the short term, but also down the road as we eventually get some confirmed reports from people in the know about what was really going on this year...

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Et le But

I'd be very surprised if Cammalleri is on this team much longer.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Cammalleri is a whiny diva ***** when things don't go his way. He acted like a huge baby when he wasn't named captain or assistant. Then, he acted like an even bigger baby when Martin started playing him with Gomez. He's the definition of a locker room cancer. I can't wait till he gets the **** OFF THIS TEAM!

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd be very surprised if Cammalleri is on this team much longer.
i just hope and pray that if/when he gets moved, PG manages to come out of the deal looking like a genius...

- there's "fair" value knowing what Cammy is bringing to the table right now
- there's "desperate to move him" value, which would mean us getting not much in return
- there's "playoff hero" value, where some team would get suckered into thinking the ppg playoff Cammy is the "real" Cammy.

quite simply, if PG is great at his job, he'll get "playoff hero" value in return, which would go a long way to putting this team back on the right track (either now or moving forward).

if he's adequate, then we'll get "fair" value, which won't be that much, but at least we'll move on

if he's "who we thought he was", then we'll end up with either an equally bad contract, or have to give up other quality assets just to get some stop-gap player of no real value.

plz, plz, PLZ PG, prove me wrong and show yourself capable of being a schrewd manager... PLEASE!!!!!!

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
CaptainC

Probably has been posted already, but hey, i like reminders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk

CaptainC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:41 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Cammalleri is a whiny diva ***** when things don't go his way. He acted like a huge baby when he wasn't named captain or assistant. Then, he acted like an even bigger baby when Martin started playing him with Gomez. He's the definition of a locker room cancer. I can't wait till he gets the **** OFF THIS TEAM!
not here to ruin the party but me thinks martin gone means we get the chance to save a 6m/per investment ... cammy being unhappy and unproductive has a lot to do with JM getting the boot imho. Can't see cammy NOT scoring tons of goals in games to come ...

and I would have kept martin ... honestly ... he aint that bad. had gauthier been an ''ok'' GM during the offseason , we'd be taking a poop on the flyers' head for the conference. Okay ... maybe not, but we'd be up there.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:43 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i've heard from a source i consider quite reliable that what you've observed is both very true and just the tip of the iceberg.

wont' go into further details or make any specific claims since I have no interest in discussing my source, but let's just say that sometimes where there is smoke there most certainly is fire... burning raging forest clearing fire...

very interested to see how it plays out, both in the short term, but also down the road as we eventually get some confirmed reports from people in the know about what was really going on this year...

oh commmmonnn, I just watched the dark knight rises trailer (more of a teaser) and I can't take this on top of it. Can't just leave us hanging. This is what happens when you catch up to the most recent episode in a series. Gotta wait another week. sucks.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:46 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Patches DD Cole
LL Eller AK
Cammy Gomez Gionta
Moen White Noki

Markov Gorges
Kaby Campoli
Emelin Diaz

Price

Is not that bad on paper
No PK and Pleks?

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:46 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
Probably has been posted already, but hey, i like reminders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk
i don't get it...

re: Cammy - his slump will end. He's not a flash in the pan IMO, but it's daaaamn frustrating watching this. Still I think we'll see an appreciation thread sometime around mid Jan. Book it. Unless what Miller Time is unfairly hiding from us is true.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:51 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i just hope and pray that if/when he gets moved, PG manages to come out of the deal looking like a genius...

- there's "fair" value knowing what Cammy is bringing to the table right now
- there's "desperate to move him" value, which would mean us getting not much in return
- there's "playoff hero" value, where some team would get suckered into thinking the ppg playoff Cammy is the "real" Cammy.

quite simply, if PG is great at his job, he'll get "playoff hero" value in return, which would go a long way to putting this team back on the right track (either now or moving forward).

if he's adequate, then we'll get "fair" value, which won't be that much, but at least we'll move on

edit: Bobby Ryan for Cammalleri, one can dream :/

if he's "who we thought he was", then we'll end up with either an equally bad contract, or have to give up other quality assets just to get some stop-gap player of no real value.

plz, plz, PLZ PG, prove me wrong and show yourself capable of being a schrewd manager... PLEASE!!!!!!
One thing I will say about PG is he is schrewd. The man makes decent moves. He hasn't done any fleecing yet but we have not been taken to the cleaners either.

I could see a team like Nashville having interest in a sniper like Cammalleri, they are pretty offensivly starved. Any of those east conf bubble teams could be ripe for a trade.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote