HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Ron Wilson needs to be fired! 4 years of Failure.

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2011, 12:44 PM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If this team can find a good developmental coach(subjective again) combined with winning results in the off season, then there is no reason to not try to sign him in the offseason.
"NHL coaches in general get far too much credit when people say coach x is a great developemental coach. It's thrown out there far too easily."

And those are both within minutes of each other.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
The players hate him? which players would those be btw

stop using logic you know there is no use for it around here nor will it dissuade a mind thats already made up not to mention deluded. If you keep it up you could somehow very well blow up the interwebs and then what, we'd have to go back to talking to each other face to face which would be a death nell for moronism or at least put back where it belongs

MYTHERS will always prevail on the intertainmentnet and this is of course why it is the intertainmentnet
Do you have this copied and pasted somewhere, it's the same response I read the other day.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb03 View Post
True, I would imagine both Eakins and Gordon would interview for it. I believe Eakins would win the job though. He has more experience with our youngsters, and has several years of head coaching experience in the org already.
Is this the same Eakins that was an assistant for 2 years and Marlies head coach for 2 1/2 years and has never coached a playoff game?

Old
12-24-2011, 12:51 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Do you have this copied and pasted somewhere, it's the same response I read the other day.
Why do you think what you have posted hasn't been said before. Nothing in this thread hasn't been said time and time again. Why call guys out for it when you've done the exact same thing.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
"NHL coaches in general get far too much credit when people say coach x is a great developemental coach. It's thrown out there far too easily."

And those are both within minutes of each other.
If you use logic and read it as it was meant to be read, then you would understand this is the argument that Wilson apologists use, thus why not find a coach that can do both. Win and develop right? Whether you believe in Wilson's acumen of developing talent or not.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:54 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
YES, the players HATE him! This has been well documented. Your faith in RW is an "epic fail" This guy is a terrible coach. Garbage.

Are you sure your not Ron? LOL

Lay off the egg nog, Merry Christmas.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:55 PM
GrizzLeaf

So, um..... now that we'er in a play-off position, does RW get some slack from posters? A week ago everyone blamed him for the Leafs slide in the standings, by that logic, we should praise him for winning a couple of games.

I've never bought into blaming the coach for a few games lost (or won), but since a lot of posters here have no other method of evaluation, maybe I'm wrong

RW's done a good job with the young guys. He had the presence of mind to send Kadri down for more time in the A, and it seems to have helped. Kessel is twice the player he was last season. After a little sophomore slump, Bozak's a machine this season. And, the players are still playing hard for him most nights. That last one indicates that a bunch of posters here have their heads up their ***** if they think the players hate him.

I can agree with the sentiment "make the play-offs first and then extend". But in fairness to the coach and organization, they have been rebuilding, so it's not like anyone expected the play-offs, with the possible exception of last season.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Why do you think what you have posted hasn't been said before. Nothing in this thread hasn't been said time and time again. Why call guys out for it when you've done the exact same thing.
I post about a lot of things that don't pertain to Wilson, it just happens this is the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen the same thing from that poster. As for calling out, this was not the intention, the intention was do you have anything to add other than a regurgitate response.

P.S In the holiday sprit, I am sorry if I come off a bit rough at times, this includes even MooseOak.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:58 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
YES, the players HATE him! This has been well documented. Your faith in RW is an "epic fail" This guy is a terrible coach. Garbage.
And Interactif and Hockeyfanz tell me I'm ridiculous for suggesting there are posters making illogical and irrational arguments for firing Wilson.

Nah, never happens.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
And Interactif and Hockeyfanz tell me I'm ridiculous for suggesting there are posters making illogical and irrational arguments for firing Wilson.

Nah, never happens.
Just to clarify Egd, for me personally and I suspect for the vast majority of fans in Leafs nation, I doubt anyone would want a coach fired for being disliked personality wise if they consistently brought a winning record to this city, use Pat Quinn as an example if you like. This is all I am saying.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:15 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
I post about a lot of things that don't pertain to Wilson, it just happens this is the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen the same thing from that poster. As for calling out, this was not the intention, the intention was do you have anything to add other than a regurgitate response.

P.S In the holiday sprit, I am sorry if I come off a bit rough at times, this includes even MooseOak.
Some people think "Ron Wilson Sux" is a regurtitated response. And "the defensive system sux" is a regurtitated response. Some people think guys like you ignore the facts about the defensive system. That it has actually improved. Significantly. Unfortunately, the PK sucks, and some people run around "regurgitating" that "the defense sux" and ignore the fact that a very young defense, with 3 inexperienced goalies, an average result is OK.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Some people think "Ron Wilson Sux" is a regurtitated response. And "the defensive system sux" is a regurtitated response. Some people think guys like you ignore the facts about the defensive system. That it has actually improved. Significantly. Unfortunately, the PK sucks, and some people run around "regurgitating" that "the defense sux" and ignore the fact that a very young defense, with 3 inexperienced goalies, an average result is OK.
Again, it works both ways. Is ignoring a one way street here? One is based on facts, yours is based on being subjective. Leafs are currently 24th in the NHL in GA, same as last year. This is improvement?

Old
12-24-2011, 01:32 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Again, it works both ways. Is ignoring a one way street here? One is based on facts, yours is based on being subjective. Leafs are currently 24th in the NHL in GA, same as last year. This is improvement?
You can look only at GA and say the defence sux. The GA is a fact, yup, but I'm suggesting there are a whole bunch of other facts, and variables, which contribute to me saying the defense has improved and that this team is improving and has time to improve.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Depends what you're using to judge. The facts are they're a spot higher in GA now, which is an improvement (though very minor). GA/G is higher though, up .18 from where they finished last year.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:35 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Just to clarify Egd, for me personally and I suspect for the vast majority of fans in Leafs nation, I doubt anyone would want a coach fired for being disliked personality wise if they consistently brought a winning record to this city, use Pat Quinn as an example if you like. This is all I am saying.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=234828

I think you're giving some folks too much credit, so I'll agree to disagree.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Darcy Tucker

Interactif its obvious your man crush on Eakins gets in the way of seeing the situation objectively. You usually have pretty solid insight and logic in your posts but you look like a bitter sky is falling fan in this thread.

also no one has mentioned that the assistant coaches usually play a big role in working with the PK and they were changed for this reason.

Wilson has to manage the whole team, the egos, the line chemistry, the playing time, unrelenting media and fan pressure and just because one team stat (pk%) out of many is poor does not make a legit argument that he should be fired.

Would any other coach have made our PK better and if they did would our PP and 5 on 5 scoring still be as dominant? Would any other coach have fixed our perennial problem of not enough top line scoring and turned Lupul and Kessel into top 10 scorers? Can you see into other dimensions? You dont fix what isnt broke. Firing Wilson mid season could end up being catastrophic , if we are winning why take that chance?

because you dont like his attitude and hes going to ruin Kadri, he cant make the right call for our PK choices etc... bunch of non-sense. Eakins would make a good coach but for the next several years theres no need to get rid of Wilson if we make the playoffs. This thread can go on forever with back and forth arguments skewing the facts to fit whichever agenda , but theres really no point to it. Accept that Wilson isnt as bad as many people here made him out to be.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Interactif

Quote:
You can look only at GA and say the defence sux. The GA is a fact, yup, but I'm suggesting there are a whole bunch of other facts, and variables, which contribute to me saying the defense has improved and that this team is improving and has time to improve.
Even without the GA being at #24, PK falls under GA and that has been well documentated.

Leafs give up far too many chances, in 2 recent games 80+ shots (not the Boston variety) against LA and Buffalo and almost allowing the worst offensive team in the NHL off the hook last night in the 3rd. The GA will improve if Reimer continues to shine, this is the only way, not due to Wilson's run and gun system of having D pinch protecting a 1 goal lead. I know this is subjective and observational but we all know this has happened in year 1 to present. The only difference is we have more talent that is able to outscore those weaknesses now.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
Interactif its obvious your man crush on Eakins gets in the way of seeing the situation objectively. You usually have pretty solid insight and logic in your posts but you look like a bitter sky is falling fan in this thread.

also no one has mentioned that the assistant coaches usually play a big role in working with the PK and they were changed for this reason.

Wilson has to manage the whole team, the egos, the line chemistry, the playing time, unrelenting media and fan pressure and just because one team stat (pk%) out of many is poor does not make a legit argument that he should be fired.

Would any other coach have made our PK better and if they did would our PP and 5 on 5 scoring still be as dominant? Would any other coach have fixed our perennial problem of not enough top line scoring and turned Lupul and Kessel into top 10 scorers? Can you see into other dimensions? You dont fix what isnt broke. Firing Wilson mid season could end up being catastrophic , if we are winning why take that chance?

because you dont like his attitude and hes going to ruin Kadri, he cant make the right call for our PK choices etc... bunch of non-sense. Eakins would make a good coach but for the next several years theres no need to get rid of Wilson if we make the playoffs. This thread can go on forever with back and forth arguments skewing the facts to fit whichever agenda , but theres really no point to it. Accept that Wilson isnt as bad as many people here made him out to be.
How do you respond to this? Zero cred when you start a post like this.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Even without the GA being at #24, PK falls under GA and that has been well documentated.
would Reimer being out for 19 games and the fact we got blown out by 7 goals twice by the best team in the NHL that is 18-2-1 since October have anything to do with this?

Old
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Our 5on5 GA is actually around 15th in the league. This means our defense is at least mediocre, which is a significant improvement from last year.

It has been the PK that has killed us so far.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

Leafs give up far too many chances, in 2 recent games 80+ shots (not the Boston variety) against LA and Buffalo and almost allowing the worst offensive team in the NHL off the hook last night in the 3rd. The GA will improve if Reimer continues to shine, this is the only way, not due to Wilson's run and gun system of having D pinch protecting a 1 goal lead. I know this is subjective and observational but we all know this has happened in year 1 to present. The only difference is we have more talent that is able to outscore those weaknesses now.
It's kinda funny how you use subjective when it suits you. The fact of the matter is, you are complaining about Run and Gun, which is the system played at 5 on 5 and we score more than we give up. The Leafs hold leads with the best teams in the league, so maybe pinching when up a goal works. Good choice wrotten Ronnie.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:07 PM
SteveV*

If you asked scouts who has had the most STACKED AHL team of NHL ready players, I will bet anything the Marlies are at the top of the list. I love Eakins as well, but the St. Dallas routine makes me want to barf, he has a great group of guys.

He has an NHL ready goaltender, he's had NHL ready defenceman, he's had four or five NHL ready forwards, of course he looks like a genius! It's a credit to the entire organization, mostly Burke for adding depth, it's not because Eakins is the next coming of Scotty Bowman, but enjoy the delusional crush, of course it's DALLAS!

Old
12-24-2011, 02:49 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
which part? the post covers a few things

Quote:

and funny enough I see the same tired old PK/nondevelop/abrasive personality non-sense iterated over and over again. pot/kettle perhaps

Quote:
are you now making a claim that Irish was disliked in Toronto? Where in the wide wide world of sports does this come from?

do I have to say MYTHERS again

Old
12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
which part? the post covers a few things

and funny enough I see the same tired old PK/nondevelop/abrasive personality non-sense iterated over and over again. pot/kettle perhaps

are you now making a claim that Irish was disliked in Toronto? Where in the wide wide world of sports does this come from?

do I have to say MYTHERS again
It's certainly true the Quinn was not well respected by many players. Several came out saying things against him.

Old
12-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
Simple question:

Do you believe Ron Wilson can coach the Toronto Maple Leafs to a Stanley Cup?

Closed Thread