HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ron Wilson needs to be fired! 4 years of Failure.

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 06:16 PM
binop7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
clearly our supposed system has been exposed

edit, damn i need to stop being so sarcastic. cant help it tho, if i flame i will get infracted again D:
You want a system look at Philly, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh the leafs don't have a system, I'd prefer a dump and chase to what they are playing now, leaving goalies out to dry.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
True, but I remember times in the Dallas games where the leafs were really struggling simply because of how good Dallas was at forechecking. I seem to remember that game really well for some reason. Devils lost vs leafs because brodeur was awful and has been woefully inconsistent.

Let me guess, they beat the Rangers 2X because the best goalie in hockey (arguable) had an off night. Thought the Leafs were terrible and must have fallen asleep.

Old
binop7

Quote:
yeah having Malkin, Crosby and Fleury had nothing to do with his success

he inherited the best team on paper in the NHL.
And has still coached his team to a great record even losing almost all those players sporadically.

Old
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Let me guess, they beat the Rangers 2X because the best goalie in hockey (arguable) had an off night. Thought the Leafs were terrible and must have fallen asleep.
Never said anything about the Rangers, that was one of the games this season that they looked real playoff threats.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
You want a system look at Philly, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh the leafs don't have a system, I'd prefer a dump and chase to what they are playing now, leaving goalies out to dry.
There is a system there. There are times when the Leafs dominate teams with their speed and crisp passing. Unfortunately there are also times where they don't get it. It's inconsistency, expected of a young team who is learning.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:21 PM
thewave

Quote:
clearly our supposed system has been exposed
Kessel admitted that his line has been exposed and is getting locked down...The answer, Grabovski the Leafs best puck carrier, the man who can make ice and the sweet pass.

Grabovski #1 Leaf!

Old
12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
binop7

Quote:
There is a system there. There are times when the Leafs dominate teams with their speed and crisp passing. Unfortunately there are also times where they don't get it. It's inconsistency, expected of a young team who is learning.
Rangers are a young team - Torts
Buffalo are a young team - Ruff
Nashville are a young team -Trotz

I think it's coaching personally.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Rangers - Lundqvist: perenial Vezna threat, Olympic Gold

Buffalo - Miller: has been dominant and top 3 up until this year.

Nashville - Rinne is probably the best goalie in the world right now.
perhaps you have overlooked a common aspect among the best coaches in the league

Quote:
clearly

Old
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Rangers are a young team - Torts
Buffalo are a young team - Ruff
Nashville are a young team -Trotz

So 3 teams with some of the best goaltending in the league. Where the Rangers are 4 points up on the Leafs, Nashville is 2 points up and Buffalo is behind the Leafs. Cool examples.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
So 3 teams with some of the best goaltending in the league. Where the Rangers are 4 points up on the Leafs, Nashville is 2 points up and Buffalo is behind the Leafs. Cool examples.
this right here , heh.

dont worry, I am just on a lot of espresso tonight

Old
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
binop7

Quote:
this right here , heh.

dont worry, I am just on a lot of espresso tonight
espresso is the shiz

Old
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
binop7

Quote:
Rinne was taken in the 7th-8th round? I believe, that's solid drafting right there. Nashville has consistently made the playoffs from the lockout with a much weaker roster.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Rinne was taken in the 7th-8th round? I believe, that's solid drafting right there. Nashville has consistently made the playoffs from the lockout with a much weaker roster.
Did you just somehow change an argument?

Old
12-20-2011, 06:55 PM
binop7

Quote:
Did you just somehow change an argument?
Something like that. In all seriousness though some goalies can look better than they are because of how good the d is in front of them, how can there be an all star goalie in t.o with the style that they are playing.

Fire Wilson, I went full circle.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Something like that. In all seriousness though some goalies can look better than they are because of how good the d is in front of them, how can there be an all star goalie in t.o with the style that they are playing.

Fire Wilson, I went full circle.
David Poile is a smart enough GM to not pay a goalie $7 000 000 for 7 years if he is only good because of the team in front of him.

And to be honest, with the style the Leafs play, a good goalie can look really good on some nights.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
this is completely false, Rinne is better then any goalie, Nashvilles Defense is miles better, and there offense isn't far behind the leafs considering they have outscored the leafs in the last 2 years. the difference between Nashvilles and the leafs offense prior to this year has been minimal. as an example in 09-10 we only had 1 player hit 50 points. and of the people who hit 50 last year only 1 had ever reached that total in the past and probably wont hit it this year by there current pace. realistically going into the year we only had 1 player who consistantly put up more then 50 points in there career, and thats Kessel. I mean when you only have 1 player who consistantly puts up 50 points thats terrible you can't get much worse then that. the people who believe Nashvilles had a weaker roster then the leafs in the past 2 years are leaf homers imo.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
binop7

Quote:
David Poile is a smart enough GM to not pay a goalie $7 000 000 for 7 years if he is only good because of the team in front of him.

And to be honest, with the style the Leafs play, a good goalie can look really good on some nights.
Leafs goalies have to consistently deal with break aways, odd man rushes, and missed defensive assignments (players in crease) more than any team I've seen play other than some basement ones.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
this is completely false, Rinne is better then any goalie, Nashvilles Defense is miles better, and there offense isn't far behind the leafs considering they have outscored the leafs in the last 2 years. the difference between Nashvilles and the leafs offense prior to this year has been minimal. as an example in 09-10 we only had 1 player hit 50 points. and of the people who hit 50 last year only 1 had ever reached that total in the past and probably wont hit it this year by there current pace. realistically going into the year we only had 1 player who consistantly put up more then 50 points in there career, and thats Kessel. I mean when you only have 1 player who consistantly puts up 50 points thats terrible you can't get much worse then that. the people who believe Nashvilles had a weaker roster then the leafs in the past 2 years are leaf homers imo.
To be fair I don't watch much Nashville and know they have a strong defense didn't know their offense was that good though.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:25 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Leafs goalies have to consistently deal with break aways, odd man rushes, and missed defensive assignments (players in crease) more than any team I've seen play other than some basement ones.
You blame it solely on the system. I blame it on a bunch of players learning how to play the system.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
binop7

Quote:
You blame it solely on the system. I blame it on a bunch of players learning how to play the system.
That's just the thing though there is no system, as evidenced by the dire pk which most coaches will say is a systems thing.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
well put. Leafs have some pretty unrealistic expectations considering a lot of the D, their goalies, and top 6 players have just been recently assembled. no one puts that many key pieces together in a short time and has them instantly mesh and run smoothly.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:40 PM
binop7

Quote:
well put. Leafs have some pretty unrealistic expectations considering a lot of the D, their goalies, and top 6 players have just been recently assembled. no one puts that many key pieces together in a short time and has them instantly mesh and run smoothly.
Florida has had some success with this, don't know if it means they make playoffs though.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:45 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
That's just the thing though there is no system, as evidenced by the dire pk which most coaches will say is a systems thing.
The PK is one of many systems employed by the team. Yes, they suck at that system. But they are pretty good at others. Whereas in the past, they sucked at all of them, Wilson taught them, helped them develop and they became good at them.

There's more of it to come. I know it's trendy to go with the "Wilson Sux" and "Fire Bourke". But it doesn't mean it's correct.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:47 PM
binop7

Quote:
The PK is one of many systems employed by the team. Yes, they suck at that system. But they are pretty good at others. Whereas in the past, they sucked at all of them, Wilson taught them, helped them develop and they became good at them.

There's more of it to come. I know it's trendy to go with the "Wilson Sux" and "Fire Bourke". But it doesn't mean it's correct.
Burke has done a great job, only thing he's missed is a #1 C. He filled the cupboards with solid prospects and turned kaberle into jm liles basically among many other great trades. Wilson hasn't proven anything post lockout though and continues to be in the basement of pk.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
pa2u292*

sens just tied the leafs for 8th and they're rebuilding.

Closed Thread