HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fans actions last night

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Stepan2Gaborik

vCash: 500
Fans actions last night

Was it really necessary to throw **** on the ice after the blown call? People in the 100s throwing crap on the ice, beer flying everywhere in the 300s. Very unclassy by the fans last night

Old
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

It's only classy if they were trying to hit the ref that made the bone head call. It kind of reminded me of that Allstate Mayhem commercial .

Old
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Stepan2Gaborik

Last night was one of the most drunk crowds I've ever seen at MSG. I bet the giants parade had alot to do with it even though I was at the game after the parade in 2008 and it was nothing like that.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan2Gaborik View Post
Was it really necessary to throw **** on the ice after the blown call? People in the 100s throwing crap on the ice, beer flying everywhere in the 300s. Very unclassy by the fans last night
Was this post really necessary?

I'm glad we have passionate fans. Maybe not passionate enough to riot in the street after a Stanley Cup loss, but passionate nonetheless. Our fans make the game exciting.

If you don't like the risk of watching irate fans throw stuff on the ice, then don't go to the game. It's part of sports, a natural reaction, that fans react in aggression (occasionally) after something so blatantly bad occurs and skews the outcome of a game.

If I wanted to sit back with 20,000 indifferent and catatonic fans I'd go watch a backgammon tournament....

Old
02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Stepan2Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

I'm glad we have passionate fans. Maybe not passionate enough to riot in the street after a Stanley Cup loss, but passionate nonetheless. Our fans make the game exciting.

If you don't like the risk of watching irate fans throw stuff on the ice, then don't go to the game. It's part of sports, a natural reaction, that fans react in aggression (occasionally) after something so blatantly bad occurs and skews the outcome of a game.

If I wanted to sit back with 20,000 indifferent and catatonic fans I'd go watch a backgammon tournament....
There's a big difference between being passionate and being out of control

Old
02-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The fans reaction was reasonable under the circumstances.

02-08-2012, 09:30 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's like when actors get tomatoes thrown at them because they suck. Well the ref sucked.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Onion Boy

I thought the empty beer bottles being thrown onto the ice was appropriate and warranted.

I think the half full bottles of beer being thrown on other fans was not. From the 400s I could see people down in the 100s/200s getting soaked.

Then again, I'm sure they can afford the dry cleaning bill.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Crease

A security guard by the glass got nailed with a full beer bottle thrown from the back of the 200s.

The carryover from the Giants parade contributed to the level of drunkenness last night.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

i was there, thought i was hilarious but unnecessary.i watched some guy get nailed in the back with a full beer didnt look fun for him or the people around him, whats even more rediculous is that someone would waste a whole 9 bucks like that, at least chug the thing first

also last night was the first time ive been to the garden all season do they always stop selling beer after the second intermission? that was a real bummer

Old
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

This thread is the exactly reason why the garden has become so soft and quiet. So much of the old passion and rowdiness and electricity has been taken out. Im not saying riot in the streets like vanc, but cmon the stories of the past are awesome. The place used to be awesome. Now it has become like freekin disney world. And its gong to be even worse once they price out more blue seaters. It disgusts me.

The real idiot is the guy who spends 10 bucks on a beer and wastes it...just saying.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I personally like loud and rowdy crowds, but I think throwing things is unnessesary and would never do it. I laughed when I heard Joe Tolleson on the PA say "Ladies and Gentlemen, please refrain from throwing debris onto the playing surface" lol

02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Are people actually defending throwing objects on/towards the ice? Seriously people, forget about the call not going the Rangers way, that's not how to act in public. It becomes a matter of player safety, as well as public safety. Paying $60, $90 or $140 doesn't give you the right to throw things on the ice when a call goes against your team. It's embarrassing as a Rangers fan and a New Yorker when things like this (and the snowball debacle at Giants Stadium years ago) goes down.

I'm passionate and I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm not an embarrassment.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I didn't realize this happened. I wish I was at the game now.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
also last night was the first time ive been to the garden all season do they always stop selling beer after the second intermission? that was a real bummer
Yeah it's always that way and any arena I've been to does this as well.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
This thread is the exactly reason why the garden has become so soft and quiet. So much of the old passion and rowdiness and electricity has been taken out. Im not saying riot in the streets like vanc, but cmon the stories of the past are awesome. The place used to be awesome. Now it has become like freekin disney world. And its gong to be even worse once they price out more blue seaters. It disgusts me.
Seriously I can't agree more.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

"....Our pets heads are fallin' off!"

Old
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
dfine06

Quote:

thank you. who cares. no one got seriously injured except for some beer that someone can wash off. im glad we have passionate fans too. I was at the devils game last week and their rink blew. you didnt know if they scored or we did because they didnt make a peep. Its like they didnt even care they scored. Rangers fans were louder and made more of a presence. Be proud.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Are people actually defending throwing objects on/towards the ice? Seriously people, forget about the call not going the Rangers way, that's not how to act in public. It becomes a matter of player safety, as well as public safety. Paying $60, $90 or $140 doesn't give you the right to throw things on the ice when a call goes against your team. It's embarrassing as a Rangers fan and a New Yorker when things like this (and the snowball debacle at Giants Stadium years ago) goes down.

I'm passionate and I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm not an embarrassment.
I always joke about throwing batteries at the refs but actually throwing stuff onto the ice and at people, hitting people by accident or on purpose in the seats below there's no place for that. It's being a pure idiot.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I heard from someone at the game that a ref actually got hit with a beer bottle. They're plastic of course, but still.

Anyone else heard this?

unsubstantiated.

02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Philly fans did this everybody here would be calling them unclassy ****heads.

I think it's not a HUGE deal, but still. Very hypocritical. I didn't know throwing **** on the ice was the only way to be a "passionate" fan.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:

I'd take 20,000 fans that know the sport well, cheer hard for their team, and can accept the ups and downs of a season, rather than the ultra or ESPN attitude mindset.

Catatonic fans? I cheer loudly at 10+ home games per year, and 2 or 3 NJ/PHI road games. I'm on my feet for every PK cleared puck, get on refs if they kick our center's from the face-off over and over, and am on my feet and killing my voice when our PK guys pin oppositions in their own zone through hustle and heart. I have friends and family over for damn near every NYR game that I'm not working for, and support local bars that actually showcase the games. But I'm not throwing stuff on the ice like a teen having a temper-tantrum. That doesn't make some bone-headed frat boy a better or more engaged fan than me.

I spent three years living in Torino and attended quite a few Juventus matches, and found it pathetic when the ultra's would start acting like spoiled children. Like they've never witnessed adversity. I wasn't at yesterday's game, and had I been I would've been voicing my displeasure loudly, but knock it off pretending that's a part of sports. It's only a part of sports to the type of fans that call in sports radio shows all day crying rivers about entertainment.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

If my team was robbed of a chance at OT against a divisional opponent because the refs blew a major call I'd throw crap on the ice too. Tickets+transportation to MSG and back are too expensive to have a mockery like that occur by the men who are supposed to deliver balance to the game. Maybe it's different for me because I'm a 19 year old piss poor college student, but whatever. The real unclassy move was ****ing up the call so badly with the game on the line.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Crease

You disagreed with the call, I get it. I'm mad too. But it's no better than turning to the guy next to you and throwing a punch.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm talking about those who failed physics and threw beer bottles from the 300s. There's no reason for an unsuspecting innocent party to get drilled in the back of the head with something because of your dissatisfaction.

Last edited by Crease: 02-08-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Cummon guys, we can argue each side with out attacking each other personally.

I have no problem with people throwing stuff on the ice for bad calls, but throw stuff when you know it's going to make it to the ice. I sit in 305, and as much as I want to throw stuff some times, I don't, because I'm pretty sure I would hit a fan by accident. Further more who in their right mind would throw a half of a beer?!?! That's alcohol abuse! (let alone a $10 one)

Closed Thread