Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teemu quacks the scoresheet, Jets beat Ducks anyway 5-3

Old
12-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 500
Maybe he meant it like "we forgive you for not signing here this summmer"? Not sure why Teemu would need forgiveness for that though, can't blame him for wanting to stay put. Could've been a joke? Stupid sign either way.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronhoo View Post
I completely agree, but in the end, it was what we all needed to do. I almost feel like tonight was closure for me, to once and for all bury Jets 1.0.
Not in a bad way, as I will never forget, but in a way that I can now move on and devote all my energy to Jets 2.0.
There is not a soul in the world that could get 15,004 cheering for them as a visitor to MTS other then Teemu.
We got that out of the way. Now it's all about our boys and their drive to the playoffs.
Well said I actually think this game was more emotional to me then the opener,but your right we can move on and give our full attention to the worthy guys we have Like Bogo man that guy is becoming a true Pro and is handling things on and off the ice better then anyone could have hoped.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Any idea why Flood didnt play?

healthy scratch or is he injured?

Evgeny Oliker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Any idea why Flood didnt play?

healthy scratch or is he injured?
We have Enstrom back as well as Hainsey which gives us our top 6 so he was scratched.

Enstrom
Bogo
Hainsey
Buff
Stuart
Oduya

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
We have Enstrom back as well as Hainsey which gives us our top 6 so he was scratched.

Enstrom
Bogo
Hainsey
Buff
Stuart
Oduya
that makes sense. Is he going to stay the 7th D or sent to Minors, do you know?

Evgeny Oliker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
that makes sense. Is he going to stay the 7th D or sent to Minors, do you know?
When Jones returns it's likely that Flood is gone. Perhaps the Jets will make a deal, as they liked Flood but you can't really carry 8 D on the big club long term. I do like our defensive depth though... it proved very helpful through our spate of injuries on the back end.

12-18-2011, 12:54 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Was that the first stick thrown? I watched that, quite the mess.
Yes, it was the first stick he threw into the crowd.

Some people's behaviour baffles me.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Whatever happened to Meech? Is he still injured?

Sometimes I forget that he's even on the team.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Whatever happened to Meech? Is he still injured?

Sometimes I forget that he's even on the team.
Still injured, believe he's either having or recently had surgery.

I really hope they keep Flood here somehow.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Man cbc did s craptacular job, muted the crowd to hell and cut to luongo post game instead of teemus last skate in Winnipeg. I'm actually pretty disappointed.
I was at the game and still can't believe CBC cut away on the Selanne tribute as well as the three stars, whereas Ducks TV didnt.....pathetic.

Is there any way we can petition for our games to be on TSN all the time? I can't deal with CBC every Saturday night for the next 60 years.

SwimToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:52 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
that wouldn't surprise me one bit i heard that Kane is a big time ******
I've also heard the same which upsets me as he doesnt seem that way. I guess where there's smoke....

SwimToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
I was at the game and still can't believe CBC cut away on the Selanne tribute as well as the three stars, whereas Ducks TV didnt.....pathetic.

Is there any way we can petition for our games to be on TSN all the time? I can't deal with CBC every Saturday night for the next 60 years.
Although I would love that, it would never happen.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
that wouldn't surprise me one bit i heard that Kane is a big time ******
Yeah we've discussed this before.

As much as I like Evander's on ice performance I don't like him very much as a person. But it's not a huge deal to me.

Old
12-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post

Being at the game I was unable to see how bad CBC did, but I had lunch with some people that watched the coverage and it was as craptacular as I imagined it would be.

I've had enough of this. That is one thing that hasn't changed since Jets 1.0... CBC. I remember in Jets 1.0 you'd pray that CBC would pick up a Jets game.... then they would, and Don Cherry would spend all of half a second saying something about it.

Nothing's changed except they can't fawn over Gilmore anymore so it's still Leafs/Luongo. Even on a night like last night? Really CBC? Just give it up already.

More TSN Jets please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Yeah we've discussed this before.

As much as I like Evander's on ice performance I don't like him very much as a person. But it's not a huge deal to me.
So far I've heard two distinct negatives about Evander but both items are pure rumour, and I've never seen him actually questioned about them so being this is Winnipeg, I am refusing to believe them until they are substantiated.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:26 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
So far I've heard two distinct negatives about Evander but both items are pure rumour, and I've never seen him actually questioned about them so being this is Winnipeg, I am refusing to believe them until they are substantiated.
No one is going to question him about it, I bet. Why would they risk getting him mad and lose access to him? You rarely ever hear substantial proof that a player is a jerk, just a bunch of hearsay.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
No one is going to question him about it, I bet. Why would they risk getting him mad and lose access to him? You rarely ever hear substantial proof that a player is a jerk, just a bunch of hearsay.
Well I think it would happen in Winnipeg. It's happened to the football team. Poor character people don't last long here. It's just the way it is. They get exposed, then traded. Period.

Now that I think of it, I believe one of the 'rumours' was actually a piece of published material by Gary Lawless on the 'I'll give your restaurant a good tweet for 200 bucks.'

If there's any real meat to these rumours, he will get questioned about it. It's they way the media is here.

I mean, maybe he won't be questioned about it, but it'll be well exposed if you know what I mean.

I am more concerned about the opposite- meaning if it's not true, I sure hope this speculation stops and lets the guy play hockey.

Old
12-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

vCash: 50
When I first started to hear this stuff about Kane (lots of it from very reliable sources) I was upset and wanted him gone.

After seeing what a great player he can be, and how he can help this team win, my opinion has softened. Not every player is going to be a 'great person', 'good in the community' etc. Just like every other business you will have people that excel in some areas and are weaker in others.

If Kane is a little immature, and not a likeable person, sobeit as long as he performs on ice and doesn't become a distraction to the team.

JMO.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
I've met him multiple times and been in his presence in more than a typical fan meet n greet per se and he's pretty much been the same guy throughout. A little too self entitled for my taste.

Obviously he is young and still maturing, but from what I've seen from him I am not his biggest fan.

Just my opinion.

Old
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
When I first started to hear this stuff about Kane (lots of it from very reliable sources) I was upset and wanted him gone.

After seeing what a great player he can be, and how he can help this team win, my opinion has softened. Not every player is going to be a 'great person', 'good in the community' etc. Just like every other business you will have people that excel in some areas and are weaker in others.

If Kane is a little immature, and not a likeable person, sobeit as long as he performs on ice and doesn't become a distraction to the team.

JMO.
Well put,

As long as Kane remains driven and plays hard and contributes to the teams success I really have no problem with what he's like outside of the rink. Sure it would be nice to have a team full of humble people but that often isn't the reality in professional sports. H eis also only 21 so imo he still has some growing up to do.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Mighty Joe Moon

I've heard a few things about Kane being a bit of a dink. Nothing from anyone of importance, but there are stories out there and it's always about Kane. Never anyone else. The only thing this does for me is hesitate to get his name on a jersey, but I want Enstrom anyway. I can be forgiving towards jerks who make for entertaining stories, especially if they produce. Brett Hull, Jeremy Roenick, Sean Avery. Still love that sloppy seconds comment.

But it's funny how the Bombers got brought up. Troy Westwood (useless idiot kicker) wrote a newspaper column that spent more time talking smack about his coach than anything WHILE HE WAS ON THE TEAM, [mod...] But in the past 6 months, I know Ladd's done two autograph sessions and Fehr was at the opening of the Jets store so there's that.

Last edited by Jet: 12-18-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: don't mention specific incidents without proof.
Mighty Joe Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Prot

Back to the topic, I had one thing I forgot to say in my first post game post....

The "Qwack! Qwack! Qwack!" Chant was funny.

It really fired up in the third. I guess I'm just green because I don't remember that chant but it got pretty strong in the third period.

(On a side note, still seem to be telling people what the G.S.T. chant is about. )

Old
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I keep watching the Burminator's goal because it is so awesome. That was so perfectly placed that it would probably be a goal every single time.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:50 PM
bazaaa*

I think the boo every other player on Teemu's line, and cheer him was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on TV. I really wish some of the sports stations picked that up for the highlights.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Well I think it would happen in Winnipeg. It's happened to the football team. Poor character people don't last long here. It's just the way it is. They get exposed, then traded. Period.

Now that I think of it, I believe one of the 'rumours' was actually a piece of published material by Gary Lawless on the 'I'll give your restaurant a good tweet for 200 bucks.'

If there's any real meat to these rumours, he will get questioned about it. It's they way the media is here.

I mean, maybe he won't be questioned about it, but it'll be well exposed if you know what I mean.

I am more concerned about the opposite- meaning if it's not true, I sure hope this speculation stops and lets the guy play hockey.
You're kidding yourself if things like this just pop up after one or two incidences. And why question the kid when he's performing like he is?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I keep watching the Burminator's goal because it is so awesome. That was so perfectly placed that it would probably be a goal every single time.
Really reminds me of Kovalchuk but left handed.

The way he would pick apart that opposite side top cheese was amazing and Burmi's last night was a reflection of that.