HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#4/5 guy to the NYR

Old
12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Hal Gill for a second? Great PKer and a great mentor for the younger players

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:40 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
We'll give you a 3rd rounder

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Gil as a rental is cool with me, he is a UFA right?...........fits the bill if the Canadians are gonna sell at the deadline............3rd rounder from Rangers would be my offer too but he may get that 2nd cause I think somehow he did before at the deadline

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:44 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsYoungGuns View Post
In regards to the derogatory nicknames, every team has them and the people that use them are usually either jealous or upset at some aspect of the other team.
Or in poor trolling attempts. Take them with a grain of salt.
Oh I know. I normally try and inform people that it is a derogatory name in a very calm manner. I don't get angry over it. Just more of letting people know.

I know some Ranger fans who do it not as nicely as I do.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Are the Rags looking for a guy right away, or closer to the deadline? Cam Barker is out right now, but was playing decent hockey before he got injured. I'm sure it wouldn't cost much either, a 3rd round pick maybe.
Given injuries I'd say right now they would pull the trigger

when healthy the D is

Staal, Girardi, McDonaugh, Sauer, Del Zotto, Eminger, Stralman

now take out 3 due to injury they have Woywitka, Erixon, Bickel covering.....even Bell got a game in earlier in the yr and they are not calling up Redden, lol

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I was saying in general, the Rangers need a stop-gap d-man and aren't going to give up big pieces to get that. Especially since the stop gap isn't even a full season but only a couple months.

Additionally, a pending UFA in Gleason is not going to bring back a return of a player like Anisimov. So youre value is off anyway. Anisimov is right now our #1 LW and on pace for nearly 60 points at the ripe old age of 22.

His top end is around 70-75 points. If you think he's going anywhere for a 2nd pairing d-man who isn't even under contract next year then you know nothing about him.
I know about Anisimov and that's why I brought him up. Look, don't get carried away with his recent hot streak or recent promotion. He will cool off and not come close to 60 points.

Still, do I expect the NYR to agree to the proposal? No, but - yet again - in this hypothetical the NYR are asking about Gleason. You don't think the NYR would explore the possibility of a Gleason extension before pulling the trigger? Of course they would, and it's likely Gleason would agree. He's close with Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward both of whom had positive things to say about playing in NY.

So, they see value in him and I outlined in specific terms where he can help your D corps, which can stand an upgrade. You're also overlooking a 2nd round pick which was enough by itself to move a better player in Boyes last year. There are also a couple of guys in your system that bring similar skills and upside to Anisimov. Let's not act like he's untouchable. Your D simply isn't good enough, has tons of question marks and being ground down at the top end.

Again, I can understand why the NYR would say no but the rationale is there and when you take all things into consideration the value is much closer then you're willing to acknowledge.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
JesusNPucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
please take Robidas, thanks
I second this.

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
GAGLine

Staal has been working out hard and said he hasn't yet ruled out playing in the Winter Classic. I don't see it happening, but the fact that it's even a possibility means he isn't too far from being ready. He still needs to be cleared for contact and then it will probably be a week or two before he plays. Mid January is my guess.

Can we survive until then? I think so, as long as Girardi and McDonagh don't get hurt. But we need to get some bodies back so they don't burn out. They played 29+ and 28+ minutes last night, respectively. The third pair only got about 21 minutes combined.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Roman Hamrlik or Jeff Schultz or both.

Hamrlik for a 3rd rounder
Schultz for a 4th rounder

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post

Pass on 2 expensive vets who are signed past this season.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

The Rangers aren't trading for players who have years remaining on their contracts. If the player isn't a rental, don't bother bringing him up.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The Rangers aren't trading for players who have years remaining on their contracts. If the player isn't a rental, don't bother bringing him up.
Well depending upon the return of Mike Green, Wideman could be a possibility at the TDL, but then you are talking either a first or a second and a prospect.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
BPD

[MOD]

Gunnarsson wouldn't get time over Girardi, McDonagh or Staal - which puts him at minimum as the #4. Then, consider Del Zotto, who on any other team would probably be a top pairing guy right now - he's found his offense AND his physicality again. There's 4 guys Gunnarsson won't beat for ice time. Now, Sauer - who is about as rock solid a defender as you can ask for and plays with snarl.

Ultimately, you dance with the girl you brought - we've got our dance partners here and no reason for Ugly Gunny to cut in.

The question becomes whether it's worth giving high value for a #6 - and there's your answer.

Last edited by Viqsi: 12-21-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: qdp
BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Well depending upon the return of Mike Green, Wideman could be a possibility at the TDL, but then you are talking either a first or a second and a prospect.
I can't imagine that Wideman will be available. Washington is 1 point out of a playoff spot with games in hand. As much as they've struggled after their hot start, I don't see them falling completely out of the playoff race. They are 5-3 in their last 8 games, so they may be turning it around.

If Wideman is available, I could see the Rangers being interested, depending on what our blue line looks like near the trade deadline. We may be in the market for more immediate help though.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I can't imagine that Wideman will be available. Washington is 1 point out of a playoff spot with games in hand. As much as they've struggled after their hot start, I don't see them falling completely out of the playoff race. They are 5-3 in their last 8 games, so they may be turning it around.

If Wideman is available, I could see the Rangers being interested, depending on what our blue line looks like near the trade deadline. We may be in the market for more immediate help though.
I'll keep your number in my rolodex.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
I know about Anisimov and that's why I brought him up. Look, don't get carried away with his recent hot streak or recent promotion. He will cool off and not come close to 60 points.

Still, do I expect the NYR to agree to the proposal? No, but - yet again - in this hypothetical the NYR are asking about Gleason. You don't think the NYR would explore the possibility of a Gleason extension before pulling the trigger? Of course they would, and it's likely Gleason would agree. He's close with Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward both of whom had positive things to say about playing in NY.

So, they see value in him and I outlined in specific terms where he can help your D corps, which can stand an upgrade. You're also overlooking a 2nd round pick which was enough by itself to move a better player in Boyes last year. There are also a couple of guys in your system that bring similar skills and upside to Anisimov. Let's not act like he's untouchable. Your D simply isn't good enough, has tons of question marks and being ground down at the top end.

Again, I can understand why the NYR would say no but the rationale is there and when you take all things into consideration the value is much closer then you're willing to acknowledge.
I'll bump this thread when Anisimov is at or near 60 this year. And what guys in our system bring a similar skill-set to Anisimov? Please, enlighten me.

He's not untouchable, but it's going to take a massive overpayment on the offensive side to pry him from the Rangers. If Sather supposedly turned down trades that included him for Richards and Ryan, it's laughable that you think Sather would even consider Gleason and a 2nd for him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
funky

Kings have Drewiske. Underated defensively responsible guy who has became our #7 do to the emergence of Voynov. When he gets to play, he plays well, scored 2 goals last week in Mitchell's absence. Cheap contract, won't cost your first born. can rotate from pressbox and do a good job.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:26 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Kings have Drewiske. Underated defensively responsible guy who has became our #7 do to the emergence of Voynov. When he gets to play, he plays well, scored 2 goals last week in Mitchell's absence. Cheap contract, won't cost your first born. can rotate from pressbox and do a good job.
I don't see him as being a better option than some of the other players we have. I think we'd be looking for someone with more experience. Someone capable of playing 15-20 minutes a night.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:57 AM
ccgg

You can have Chris Campoli for a pick.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I'll bump this thread when Anisimov is at or near 60 this year. And what guys in our system bring a similar skill-set to Anisimov? Please, enlighten me.

He's not untouchable, but it's going to take a massive overpayment on the offensive side to pry him from the Rangers. If Sather supposedly turned down trades that included him for Richards and Ryan, it's laughable that you think Sather would even consider Gleason and a 2nd for him.
You do that but, it'll be a long wait. He isn't going to go for 60 points this year.

Again, you really should include some context. Your whole argument centers on someone bidding for Anisimov whereas the trade scenario was based on what the Canes would ask for if Gleason were pursued. Surely you see the difference between who's asking and who's responding? Come on already.

As for Richards, there were concerns over his concussion issues so let's get real here. Also, a deal for Ryan would have included far more than Anisimov and there were cap concerns as well. You present it as if Sather declined solely because he wouldn't part with AA. Not so. Again, you don't build up credibility points when you cherry pick part of the argument.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
number72

There is this guy named Wade Redden stuck in the AHL. I heard he is good. And with the amount of $$$ the rangers have locked in injuries they should be able deal with the cap hit.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
There is this guy named Wade Redden stuck in the AHL. I heard he is good. And with the amount of $$$ the rangers have locked in injuries they should be able deal with the cap hit.
Can't take the chance of someone grabbing him on re-entry. And he hasn't looked that great in the AHL.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
sal00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Can't take the chance of someone grabbing him on re-entry. And he hasn't looked that great in the AHL.
Why? I thought you guys wanted to get rid of the contract but couldn't. And why would anyone want to take his overpaid contract, especially when his actual salary is almost equal to his cap hit? Maybe I am just not knowledgeable on how re-entry payment works.

sal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal00 View Post
Why? I thought you guys wanted to get rid of the contract but couldn't. And why would anyone want to take his overpaid contract, especially when his actual salary is almost equal to his cap hit? Maybe I am just not knowledgeable on how re-entry payment works.
Re-entry waivers means the player would have half the cap hit if another team grabs him. So he would be paid 3.25 million by his new team (still overpaid). However, the Rangers would be on the hook for the other 3.25 million for the rest of the contract as well, which can not be taken off of the cap. That's a large chunk gone for the next 3 years.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
sal00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Re-entry waivers means the player would have half the cap hit if another team grabs him. So he would be paid 3.25 million by his new team (still overpaid). However, the Rangers would be on the hook for the other 3.25 million for the rest of the contract as well, which can not be taken off of the cap. That's a large chunk gone for the next 3 years.
Oh. Gotcha.

sal00 is offline   Reply With Quote