HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Rundblad talk

Old
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
I'll see you a 1\2 hair and raise you a full hair.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
I would have thought that if he were not sent down by now that he would be playing. I think it's a bad idea to have him as a 7th D most nights. He still needs to understand the NHL game and the best way to do that is to let him acclimatise himself to North American Hockey by playing in the AHL. In Ottawa the way Cowen really stepped up made Rundblad disposable. Karlsson is going to be our #1 without a doubt but I think our management had Rundblad as a #2 or #3. We have a lot of Defensive prospects so getting Turris was an easy gamble to make. We have a very young team who are working their ***** off and are playing really good. Allowing Turris to grow with a bunch of young guys will help his development and allow him to attain a defined role easier. There was supposed to be no pressure on the Sens this season because every media outlet had us finishing last in the east. Though I wanted him fired Murray has done an excellent job in less than half a season making our team competitive. Rundblad is a very good young player but needs time to improve. Only by playing will that happen.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
diceone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I would have thought that if he were not sent down by now that he would be playing. I think it's a bad idea to have him as a 7th D most nights. He still needs to understand the NHL game and the best way to do that is to let him acclimatise himself to North American Hockey by playing in the AHL. In Ottawa the way Cowen really stepped up made Rundblad disposable. Karlsson is going to be our #1 without a doubt but I think our management had Rundblad as a #2 or #3. We have a lot of Defensive prospects so getting Turris was an easy gamble to make. We have a very young team who are working their ***** off and are playing really good. Allowing Turris to grow with a bunch of young guys will help his development and allow him to attain a defined role easier. There was supposed to be no pressure on the Sens this season because every media outlet had us finishing last in the east. Though I wanted him fired Murray has done an excellent job in less than half a season making our team competitive. Rundblad is a very good young player but needs time to improve. Only by playing will that happen.
I'm glad you love Ottawa. The Coyotes are famous for "bad asset management." Rundblad is bad at defense so he won't play much under Tippett's system until he learns it.

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Healfezza

Turris with 8gp 1g 5a 6p now. He is doing quite well in Ottawa.

As for Rundblad maybe management feels he will learn more practicing with the NHL club and learning from the coaches there then playing minutes in the AHL.

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
87turbobuick

1st round pick now with his 3rd team. Tippet would play this guy if he stood out in practice. He needs to be ready when his chance comes which I think will be very soon. Hopefully a trade is in the works that will free up a spot for him so we can see if he will be a keeper or KHL bound.

87turbobuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
Turris with 8gp 1g 5a 6p now. He is doing quite well in Ottawa.

As for Rundblad maybe management feels he will learn more practicing with the NHL club and learning from the coaches there then playing minutes in the AHL.
Sitting on his ass in the press box every game will definitely NOT help his development.
If he is not going to play sent him to the AHL, or trade him. Make a decision that actually contributes to his development.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Kaizen

If the health on the blue line permits Rundblad will be heading to Portland, probably in the next week.

With Aucoin's injury that timetable might be adjusted, but Maloney indicated Rundblad would be headed to Portland if he doesn't get into the lineup.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

At this point it should be pretty clear to Tipp that we need an infusion of offence...if that happens to come from the blue line in the form of Rundblad, then let's live with the defensive shortcomings, because right now we are losing and according to Dave "Losing Sucks" so let's put the offensive minded D in so we can start scoring goals.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
SurMartin

Rundblad comments on his blog (Swedish, on a local Skellefteå-site) that he has been sent to Portland: http://norran.se/davidrundblad/

Quote:
Otherwise, I've been sent to Portland. Going there this week, will be exciting. Will especially be great to get playing time.
Will get back to you, again, much to do at the moment!

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
moosemeister

Hope he tears the ahl a new one

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
zerekstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
Hope he tears the ahl a new one
I echo that.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 01:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Not only do I hope he does, but I expect he will. I just wish we had a solid, dependable, trustworthy staff down on the farm for basically the first time in franchise history. A staff we could be confident will benefit and not hurt the development of our kids. I tend to agree with Tippett about the nhl being for winning and the ahl being for development. That said, we've had so many years where it seemed like we had to hide our prospects from dire straights in the farm by keeping them in the NHL. Always backfires. We need to fix our minor league system. This has been the case for a decade.

01-07-2012, 05:16 AM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Not only do I hope he does, but I expect he will. I just wish we had a solid, dependable, trustworthy staff down on the farm for basically the first time in franchise history. A staff we could be confident will benefit and not hurt the development of our kids. I tend to agree with Tippett about the nhl being for winning and the ahl being for development. That said, we've had so many years where it seemed like we had to hide our prospects from dire straights in the farm by keeping them in the NHL. Always backfires. We need to fix our minor league system. This has been the case for a decade.
I think the AHL staff we have has been much better in recent years. Boedker is starting to come around. OEL has been outstanding. Rundblad is no different. OEL was off last year, spent time in the AHL and came back outstanding. I expect Rundblad to do the same next year.

Patience is key. Not too many times do a rookie come out and play amazing, especially for us.

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Kaizen

No Rundblad in Portland's lineup tonight. Any further clarification on if he's been sent down?

Old
01-08-2012, 12:27 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
No Rundblad in Portland's lineup tonight. Any further clarification on if he's been sent down?
Well, he wrote another post:
Quote:
Saturday Night in Phoenix, more than that, it is not.
Sitting and clicking around on the computer, also last night for the mother and brother here so I will spend the evening with them, whether I like it or not.
Although I am now as a comment said ironically tough as Bob Probert, it's always nice to get a visit. In these days it has been busy getting to know one, maybe two new teams so then it's reassuring to be with the ones you've known all life.

Yesterday we went to basketball. Phoenix Suns - Portland Trail Blazers (not that Portland), it was certainly an experience. After a night at the arena, I've got a new idol. The old fox Steve Nash completely dominated, "look left go right"-moves, and generally an entertaining game.

May have to replace my old Bryant shirt with old Nash instead, "update your wardrobe" as many other bloggers write about, in my case, not because of summer and fall, but because a new hero is born in my eyes.

I travel with the team to NY on Monday, then I take my belongings together and roll into Portland. Looking forward to this, I'm after all here to play and not watch hockey. Will be nice to get play time again. That I will be able to make use of my purchased winter jacket gives a little + on the side.

Has so far not kept much track of who's playing or how they're playing in Portland. Will go there and feel the atmosphere and then share it with you.
I'm glad this finally happens. Most people who had watched Rundblad play thought he'd need time to adjust, which he would have been way better off doing in the AHL from the start. Don't think he'll wow many people in the AHL for the first couple of games though. Just like his transion between juniors and SEL, it'll take time to learn what he can and can't do (and then gradually erase those limitations. )

Old
01-08-2012, 01:20 AM
AZcoyotes33

Well Tippett said in his post-game presser tonight that Schlemko has a lower-body injury and is day-to-day so i dont know if Rundblad will be heading to Portland after all, unless Aucoin is ready to go.

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Kaizen

Off to Portland - will do him good.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

And his ppg (well ahead of Turris' will be maintained)

Old
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
DesertDawg

cheaper alternative than to send O'Reilly down...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
AZcoyotes33

It will be good for him to get some time down in Portland. I think he has a great hockey sense just poor execution sometimes. His defensive game was a little shaky but his first pass was always a good one.

OEL spent the 2nd half of last season down in the A and look how that worked out.

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
LaGu

This is the right thing for Rundblad at the moment. I must say though that I do not expect him to tear up the AHL in terms of production. I may be wrong but I figure that the management has clearly outlined what he needs to work on and I don't think it will be his offensive game although he'll obviously get the chance in PP.

LaGu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:37 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Rundblad has a goal in his first AHL game....

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Rundblad has a goal in his first AHL game....
How has he looked otherwise?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:38 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

He made a couple mistake inculding a pretty bad turnover that lead to a goal, but otherwise he looked ok in is first game... He can really move the puck and has a laser beam of a shot. Once he gets adjusted to the NA game, and especially the size of the ice because I sense that he's looking for that extra 15 ft and its not there, he'll be a good #2/#3 D-Man.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Word!

A successful NHL club is built on the foundation of a strong farm team. More emphasis needs to be put on turning the farm into a winner.

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:49 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad
"-Loss 2-4. I got to, believe it or not, make a goal. Otherwise wasn't much of use. Rusty was written large in my forehead, timing and general match fitness, blown away.
Great feeling however to play many minutes and feel that they have confidence in me. Will probably get better and better with time. It will be all right, as they say. Tomorrow, new game, Manchester, not the football team then. Höhö."
I feel like an inofficial Rundblad-spokesman translating these.

Last edited by SurMartin: 01-15-2012 at 11:14 AM.