HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gabriel Landeskog

Old
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Gabriel Landeskog

How much do you think it would take to acquire him?

Colorado has stastny duchene and o reiley so I think they would trade him or atleast one of those 4 centers.

Roy and stafford our on the table IMO

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:04 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Lol they aren't trading him. And he's not a center

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:07 PM
McTank

Really? Wasn't he a center in the ohl?

Old
12-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

We have a Landeskog, his name is Thomas Vanek.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:13 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Landeskog plays wing and to acquire him think Myers

So no, no way do we do this.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:17 PM
McTank

Oh my bad guys HockeybuzzGarth just tweeted that they have stastny duchene o reiley and landeskog at center so I though he was a center, should've double checked.

Old
12-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Oh my bad guys HockeybuzzGarth just tweeted that they have stastny duchene o reiley and landeskog at center so I though he was a center, should've double checked.
Found your problem.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Found your problem.
Quote:
I'll narrow that down even more for you.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
LGB24

Quote:
lmao, hockeybuzz

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:26 PM
puckish66

I thought one of our European posters was wishing us Merry Christmas in his or her native tongue.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
He can be a center and probably would be if it weren't for the team he's on. He's not gonna be on the market, though.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
littletonhockeycoach

The Avs like him a lot and so do I. He plays well defensively for a rookie and finishes his checks. Great hands and skater. Hasn't really found the net yet but has a quick release/shot.

Yes, he played center in the past but he's currently at wing.

Avs are keeping him. Stastny's gone before Gabe goes anywhere.

Interesting news from Avalanche ownership today. Actions speak louder than words but ownership said LaCroix's health had been declining until recently but he's now in strong recovery mode from multiple knee replacements and is ready to get back involved with the team.

Ownership admitted mistakes had been made in the past trade-wise (Shattenkirk/Stewart for E. Johnson/McClement) and the franchise did not respond well to the salary cap business model. But that is changing as LaCroix gets back involved in front office affairs.

We'll see. Not that anyone on this board really cares except that LaCroix values loyalty above all else and if he's back, Stastny might indeed become available.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:25 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
I also cracked up when Garth said that the Avs and Sabres have been talking and O'Reilly's name came up.

I guessing that he left out the part where the Avs said NFW are we dealing O'Reilly.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:35 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I think Stastny would be a perfect fit between Vanek and Pomminville. I could see his style really complimenting them. I wonder what they would want in return?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:51 AM
HiddenInLight

From what I gather they need forwards Dmen and prospects/picks...the sabres could probably make a reasonable offer for him...also they don't want centers so we can keep roy. My idea would be somthing like:

To COL:
Stafford
Boyes (cap dump)
McNabb
3rd round pick (conditionally becomes a second if we make the second round of the playoffs)

To Buffalo:
Statsny

Basically the pick makes us able to send boyes as a cap dump similar to the deal we made with CGY this summer. If Mcnabb isn't what they want defensewise, maybe offer Sekera who is a bit more prooven instead, or even offer Brennan instead. This package is enticing IMO with young talent in Stafford and the dman, plus the pick. We also get a little bit more wiggle room at the cap as well.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:22 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

While the Avs have a lot of cap space, I wonder if they have the internal payroll budget to take on that much salary?

I doubt it.

Old
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
HiddenInLight

The difference isn't that much if McNabb goes. IIRC its probably around 500k-800k difference. You might get their ownership to bite.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The difference isn't that much if McNabb goes. IIRC its probably around 500k-800k difference. You might get their ownership to bite.
With McNabb it's $8.615M in salary headed to Colorado and $6.6M headed to Buffalo.

I wouldn't be shocked if adding $1M in real cash to the budget may not be OK right now in Colorado.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
HiddenInLight

Ah, my bad I was thinking that Statsny was making 7.8mil. Being that I had a mental error on that one my deal probably doesn't get done if they are strict to that internal budget. I'm wondering if a pick migh entice them to take on salary though.

Old
12-19-2011, 12:10 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Ah, my bad I was thinking that Statsny was making 7.8mil. Being that I had a mental error on that one my deal probably doesn't get done if they are strict to that internal budget. I'm wondering if a pick migh entice them to take on salary though.
Picks don't mean that much to the beancounters that come up with player payroll budgets.

Old
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
While the Avs have a lot of cap space, I wonder if they have the internal payroll budget to take on that much salary?

I doubt it.
Salary isn't a problem for us, and no, we really dont gave an internal cap. The reason we didn't spend last offseason is because of this year. So far we only have 9 players signed for 2012/2013, with guys like Duchene, O'Reilly and EJ RFA's. With so many roster spots to fill and 44 million in cap, we can actually take on quite a few big contracts.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

To the Avs, he's the next Peter Forsberg.

And I think they're not far off.

They're not trading the guy.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
From what I gather they need forwards Dmen and prospects/picks...the sabres could probably make a reasonable offer for him...also they don't want centers so we can keep roy. My idea would be somthing like:

To COL:
Stafford
Boyes (cap dump)
McNabb
3rd round pick (conditionally becomes a second if we make the second round of the playoffs)

To Buffalo:
Statsny

Basically the pick makes us able to send boyes as a cap dump similar to the deal we made with CGY this summer. If Mcnabb isn't what they want defensewise, maybe offer Sekera who is a bit more prooven instead, or even offer Brennan instead. This package is enticing IMO with young talent in Stafford and the dman, plus the pick. We also get a little bit more wiggle room at the cap as well.

Putting on my Sabres hat and off with my Avs cap, that's way too much to pay. Stastny's not the 2nd coming of Sedin, Malkin, Richards or Geztlaf. IMO he's a 2nd line center who has been demoted on occasion to the 3rd line. Frequently gets bounced off the puck along the boards, has shown no appreciable offensive drive in 2 seasons and plays best when there is better talent around him. Not what Buffalo needs.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Putting on my Sabres hat and off with my Avs cap, that's way too much to pay. Stastny's not the 2nd coming of Sedin, Malkin, Richards or Geztlaf. IMO he's a 2nd line center who has been demoted on occasion to the 3rd line. Frequently gets bounced off the puck along the boards, has shown no appreciable offensive
drive in 2 seasons and plays best when there is better talent around him. Not what Buffalo needs.
Way to much? We don't accept that because Boyes is useless to us, and we don't want
late picks or prospects unless they can step in and make a difference
next year. As to that kind of package for someone like Getzlaf ??? I'm pretty sure they hang up.

Also, do you watch Staz? 3rd line
center?? Seriously, what the ****? he's never played on our third line, don't make it up. Currently he's our
#1 center, and nor is he easy to push off the puck. Nice try.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

To COL:
Stafford
Boyes (cap dump)
McNabb

To Buffalo:
Statsny

No thanks. McNabb as a piece of the future is more important than a pricey-er version of Roy in the middle.