Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

cbc screwjob

Old
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
chancemc

vCash: 500
cbc screwjob

so was anyone else ****ing choked last night that cbc didnt show the teemu tribute at the first commercial break, and they didnt show the 3rd star when teemu did a lap... like i have to come home from the bar and see that FSN is doing a 2300x better job than cbc. id be happy if tsnjets broadcasted every game after that ****ing joke last night.. i cant be alone here with these thoughts?

Last edited by chancemc: 12-18-2011 at 01:59 PM.
chancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
chancemc

like is really that hard to give the fans what they want?

Old
12-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Aerial

It was extremely annoying. Glad that stuff is up on the NHL.com sites at least. Even before the game last night, I kept thinking how much I wish it was on TSN Jets -- then we would have had it all, along with the post-game interviews.

What CBC needs to realize is that they need to be attentive to the local end of things. This was one game where they needed to build in better flexibility for local focus more than any other, and they failed spectacularly.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

It pissed me off too. They muted the crowd a lot too, seemed kinda quiet in the arena on CBC but when I watched other broadcasts it was loud. CBC just sucks in general.

Incase you or anyone else wanted to see it then, here's the Teemu tv-timeout tribute:

the standing o at the beginning of the game and when he was named as 3rd star are here too:

I want to like Hockey Night in Canada because it's a tradition and it has so much history and all that, but they really need to get their **** together, their productions suck.

Last edited by Klaus: 12-18-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 162
I already sent in a complaint to the CBC. You can do it on their website.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Jet
Big Ben

vCash: 50
I agree it sucked, but when I was growing up, I'd be lucky to see 10 Jets games on TV, and maybe 3-4 on CBC Saturday night.

I would rather focus on the fact we get to see every game.

HNIC is what it is for Winnipeggers. It's a big step up for us that they cover every game and have given us HD in such a short period of time. The other thing that could have happened is not seeing Saturday games at all if they weren't nationally televised. Now THAT would have sucked.

12-18-2011, 02:02 PM
chancemc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I agree it sucked, but when I was growing up, I'd be lucky to see 10 Jets games on TV, and maybe 3-4 on CBC Saturday night.

HNIC is what it is for Winnipeggers. It's a big step up for us that they cover every game and have given us HD in such a short period of time. The other thing that could have happened is not seeing Saturday games at all if they weren't nationally televised. Now THAT would have sucked.
so sick of that mentality. we have our team back we dont have to accept 2nd rate ******** just cuz we should be grateful. ok lets broadcast the game in black and white, but as long as its on tv its ok.........

Old
12-18-2011, 02:05 PM
dhfromkw

I feel blessed to have tickets to the games (last night included) instead of missing out on the atmosphere at the MTS Centre and only being able to watch CBC's poor coverage. It's really too bad they didn't show the Teemu tribute or 3rd star selection. I thought CBC did a good job with the return of the Jets documentary aired in October, but their coverage of the games doesn't do justice.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

As a Winnipegger living in Calgary you don't know how frustrating it is to turn on HNIC and see Toronto/Vancouver.

The Selanne game was an event and deserved to be broadcast nationally.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:31 PM
bluefan

Just a reminder to people that every HNIC is broadcasted online as well. Quality isn't HD, but it's there.

bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:32 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I already sent in a complaint to the CBC. You can do it on their website.
They won't read it or respond to it.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancemc View Post
so sick of that mentality. we have our team back we dont have to accept 2nd rate ******** just cuz we should be grateful. ok lets broadcast the game in black and white, but as long as its on tv its ok.........
Fair enough.

I personally am tired of the entitled attitude society seems to have nowadays.

"I want everything! I want it now! I deserve it!"

Why, exactly?

But, that is a topic outside the realm of what should be discussed on these boards.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:39 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
They won't read it or respond to it.
I don't expect them to read and respond to every complaint but if enough of us complained they might notice. For the time it takes to read and post in this thread, people could be complaining directly to CBC.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:40 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Even though I was at the game, I also wrote into CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

its totally classless that then didn't allow Winnipeg and all of Canada to share in those moments.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:40 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 684
Quote:
Fair enough.

Why, exactly?

But, that is a topic outside the realm of what should be discussed on these boards.
This x100.
Too much complaining.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Prot

Quote:
I want to like Hockey Night in Canada because it's a tradition and it has so much history and all that, but they really need to get their **** together, their productions suck.
This is very true. But it hasn't taken long for me to remember what the person below said in his quote.... Back on 1.0 days you'd prey they'd show a jets game on tv instead of listening to them all on the radio. Then they would, but they'd never talk about it... it was always the Gilmore show back then.

Now it's Luongo/Leafs love fest. No wonder the rest of the country starts to despise these teams. I don't even blame the teams... it's not their fault, it's CBC.

Quote:

I started out with this mentality, but I'm with 'chancemc' on this one.

We are not a second rate form of sports entertainment. Every week I keep hearing more and more global hockey fans are planning to make Winnipeg their sports road trip.

I hear more and more contests (nation wide) for winning a trip to Winnipeg to get the Winnipeg Jets total experience.

Does that sound like something that should be behind the Leafs/Canucks EVERY night? Screw that.

We deserve better than this. I'm not saying we have to be the center of attention.... I would never suggest we get close to the attention of Vancouver/Toronto but we get treated like the half-wit little brother with fingerless gloves and a soft helmet for walking into walls.

There have been a few nights this year that we deserved more, and I -think- the "hockey community" would have loved to see more, and CBC dropped the ball on each occasion. Last night is the perfect example.

Quote:
Fair enough.

Why, exactly?

Hmmm... interesting. Complaining about complaining. I see what you did there.

I think we are saying we get treated like second rate entertainment. To break it down, TSN is great coverage on game night. CBC stinks, just like the old days.

It is very "in" to suggest if you ever become dissatisfied with something that you are simply from an era of 'self entitlement'. Sometimes it can be a simple truth that CBC sucks and there's not much more to it than that.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
This x100.
Too much complaining.
I work in an industry where I see it all the time. People expect the moon and have done nothing to deserve it (not trying to say that is the case with people here, just in general).

I really shook my head when people were complaining at the beginning of the year that we would have to pay 9.95/mo for Jets TV. Did they think that TN was some kind of charity? That it was a right as a Canadian citizen to watch hockey for free?

It's a business, and the bottom line is and will always be making money. Artists don't let you watch their concerts for free/ or get their music for free legally (for the most part). UFC doesn't let you watch thier events free either. It's the business of entertainment.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
chancemc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
This x100.
Too much complaining.
lool its not that hard to figure out.. the ppl in winnipeg want to see the tributes. show them. is it really that hard?

how is this complaint come off as being entitled? its simple my dog could have produced a better broadcast

Old
12-18-2011, 02:57 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 684
Quote:
I work in an industry where I see it all the time. People expect the moon and have done nothing to deserve it (not trying to say that is the case with people here, just in general).

I really shook my head when people were complaining at the beginning of the year that we would have to pay 9.95/mo for Jets TV. Did they think that TN was some kind of charity? That it was a right as a Canadian citizen to watch hockey for free?

It's a business, and the bottom line is and will always be making money. Artists don't let you watch their concerts for free/ or get their music for free legally (for the most part). UFC doesn't let you watch thier events free either. It's the business of entertainment.
I totally agree.
People complaining about having to pay for the channel was easily the most ridiculous week I've seen on hfboards.
And as far as the idea that last nights game should've been the national game is silly to me. If I wasn't from Winnipeg, I'd probably rather see a game with two Canadian teams currently in the playoffs, then one Canadian team (thats outside of the playoffs) playing the worst team in the league. And I don't buy that Teemu returning was a national event, friends of mine from other cities in Canada asked me why I mentioned Teemu on facebook a couple times.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:03 PM
chancemc

i could care less about what game the ppl in halifax have to watch, just hire someone with a ****ing brain to produce the games

Old
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
I feel blessed to have tickets to the games (last night included) instead of missing out on the atmosphere at the MTS Centre and only being able to watch CBC's poor coverage. It's really too bad they didn't show the Teemu tribute or 3rd star selection. I thought CBC did a good job with the return of the Jets documentary aired in October, but their coverage of the games doesn't do justice.
Agreed. It's just that simple.

The other side of the argument is talking about... I don't know what. Self entitlement? I could easily put that argument back on them.

Paying for a season of Jets TV? No problem. (well outside the scope of the thread anyway.)

But as the original poster questioned: Are you happy with how CBC covers a game? Nope. (no self entitlement intended)

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
CBC used to leaps and bounds better than anyone else when it came to doing hockey broadcasts unfortunately this just isn't the case any more. Aside from Jim Hughson no one on CBC is as good at P by P as anyone on TSN. Most (all) of the hockey broadcasts are Toronto centric, even in Winnipeg you hear little of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or Ottawa on HNIC because every Saturday night seems to be primarlily dedicated to the Leaf's especially Coaches Corner with the curmudgeon Cherry.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:24 PM
spellchecker45

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Agreed. It's just that simple.

The other side of the argument is talking about... I don't know what. Self entitlement? I could easily put that argument back on them.

Paying for a season of Jets TV? No problem. (well outside the scope of the thread anyway.)

But as the original poster questioned: Are you happy with how CBC covers a game? Nope. (no self entitlement intended)
You seem to forget that everyone on bell gets it for free just because bell owns tsn and all of that crap... thats why i don't like to pay for it although i do I just can't get satellite although some people can.

spellchecker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:25 PM
dkehler

Quote:

Whatever. The $9.95 thing isn't a huge amount of money relatively speaking and we all got that. Your comparison might make sense if the UFC only charged to watch their events in Winnipeg.

The CBC is taxpayer-funded and as such, it is very reasonable and valid to "complain" about their service if it is substandard. If you expect less than the other guy, that's exactly what you'll get.

dkehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancemc View Post
so was anyone else ****ing choked last night that cbc didnt show the teemu tribute at the first commercial break, and they didnt show the 3rd star when teemu did a lap... like i have to come home from the bar and see that FSN is doing a 2300x better job than cbc. id be happy if tsnjets broadcasted every game after that ****ing joke last night.. i cant be alone here with these thoughts?

Just 2 more years of CBC crap, hopefully when Bell\Rogers get the NHL rights they do a better job. CBC sucks and because of that I did not sleep for the whole night. ****ers

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote