HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

GDT: Blues vs Jackets

Old
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Perronha playing keep away late in third period

Kevin Shattenkirk post game interview

Ken Hitchcock post game interview

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Really appreciate the clips Spectr, I was at the game. It's nice to just come back and re watch the highlights

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Well well well, a Pie GDT and Pie pied the Jackets with a game winning goal... epicsssss

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:28 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Well he only had 14:11 and had the 8th most shifts among forwards. I was watching in the 3d specifically for his shifts. Down the stretch he didn't get a shift from before the 4th Columbus goal until after the ENG.
He didn't play any special teams, which affects both the shift count and the TOI.

He had more ES ice time than Oshie and Berglund, and about the same as pretty much any non 4th line forward besides Backes, Steen, and Perron. I'm not saying your wrong about your observation (After all, he's one of our weaker defensive forwards...why wouldn't he be skipped in that situation?) but he was playing somewhere in there throughout the game, because he wasn't way ahead of the other forwards at any point earlier. It's semantic, I know, but if he has approximately the same ES TOI as most of the top 9, then I wouldn't say he was being skipped for shifts.

IMO, he lack of special teams TOI isn't anything to really read into either. He's never been a regular on the PK, and he's been second team PP for awhile now. No Blues forward had more than 1 minute of PP time.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-19-2011 at 12:38 AM.
EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:34 AM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
Really appreciate the clips Spectr, I was at the game. It's nice to just come back and re watch the highlights
Yeah, I second this. I was stuck at work for the first two periods but was able to see video of the Blues' first and second goals on my phone because of spectr's uploads. I appreciate it man

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:48 AM
execwrite

Quote:
I second that - thanks a lot for posting these. We out-of-town fans watching Center Ice don't ever see any of the post-game interviews.

Always like hearing what the coach has to say.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:39 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
gonna thank you too! on these vids on NHL.com or blues.com the highlights come and go far to quick

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Robb_K

It's a good sign that The Blues are winning the sloppy games, too. That's also a sign of a winning team.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It's a good sign that The Blues are winning the sloppy games, too. That's also a sign of a winning team.
I'm pretty sure it only counts if you win sloppy games against teams that aren't the worst in the league.

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

The best part of the Polak Byers fight was when Byers got decked by the ref at the very end of it

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
ToniJ1960

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
I'm pretty sure it only counts if you win sloppy games against teams that aren't the worst in the league.
I would think all wins count towards a winning team

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
The best part of the Polak Byers fight was when Byers got decked by the ref at the very end of it
Haha I wondered if the ref on the other side of it was going to bench him for spearing.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Rizzo90

My take on this game & why it was a good & important one.

1st) some of THE worst oficiating I've personally witnessed in my lifetime....my point being here is the "Davis Payne" blues would have given up & thrown in the towell after that many bad calls against them as well as BLATANT non calls against the jackets

2) Keeping in good playoff standings means you even get "up for" the teams below you in the stadings, which from my 20 plus years of watching this franchise, has been a black mark & typical of the Blues to let the lesser teams come & bite them, especially when having a good season.

That being said, I am really liking how the team is playing, hanging in there & seems to be polishing a "can win" attitude & backing it up with the tenacity to get it done.

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote