Old
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Was not expecting that.
Knock me down and call me Susan. That is 1001.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:09 PM
PostmanPat1919

vCash: 500
Scheifele finishes the tournament with 3Gs and 3As in 6 games. Ivan Telegin has 1G and 1A in five games with tonight's gold medal game yet to play.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 4785
Very good game for Scheifele. Looked strong all game. Nice to see he got some points out of the effort as well. Got bumped up to play with Huberdeau and Stone. They had some chances, but nothing that ended up in the back of the net.

His chemistry with Pearson flashed again however.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Scheifele finishes the tournament with 3Gs and 3As in 6 games. Ivan Telegin has 1G and 1A in five games with tonight's gold medal game yet to play.
Telegin's numbers are a little dissapointing considering he has played with Yakupov most of the time.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Sweden and Russia tied late in the third. 0-0.

I predict, Sebastian Collberg with the sole goal and game winner for Sweden.

Jets draft Collberg 12th overall in the 2012 draft.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids

Wonder if they posted the Flames score at the Saddledome tonight?

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Zibanegad nice ot winner
Russians brutal on d

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Zibanegad nice ot winner
Russians brutal on d
It was beautiful, and the Swedes definitely earned it. Nice to see a gold-less drought come to an end.

01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
It was beautiful, and the Swedes definitely earned it. Nice to see a gold-less drought come to an end.
I agree Hammer I thought they had a really good tournament and I really liked the look of their team when we played them in the warm up game. If it couldn't be us then they were my next choice

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Telegin's numbers are a little dissapointing considering he has played with Yakupov most of the time.
Yakupov's numbers were a little disappointing. I actually never remembered seeing him with Telegin. Although I just can't remember who he played with before getting bumped up to play with Kuznetsov.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Yakupov's numbers were a little disappointing. I actually never remembered seeing him with Telegin. Although I just can't remember who he played with before getting bumped up to play with Kuznetsov.
Seriously? 9a in 6gp, which tied him for 9th in the tournament. He also only had 3a (33% of his pts) in the 14-0 pumping of Latvia, compared to Kuznetsov who had 9pts of 13 in that game (69%). Yakupov was all over the ice making plays, he was the best Russian forward in most of the round robin (other than Latvia) and was almost as good as Kuznetsov in the medal rounds as well. IMO, he wiped clean any ideas people had of Grigorenko going above him in the draft this year (people had started to put Grigorenko above him).

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Mossy Oak
Serenity

Quote:
Seriously? 9a in 6gp, which tied him for 9th in the tournament. He also only had 3a (33% of his pts) in the 14-0 pumping of Latvia, compared to Kuznetsov who had 9pts of 13 in that game (69%). Yakupov was all over the ice making plays, he was the best Russian forward in most of the round robin (other than Latvia) and was almost as good as Kuznetsov in the medal rounds as well. IMO, he wiped clean any ideas people had of Grigorenko going above him in the draft this year (people had started to put Grigorenko above him).
On top of that, you've got to take into consideration that many guys (on Canada anyway) of Yakupov's age aren't even selected. For Canada, they may take 1 or 2 guys who have yet to be drafted, other than that it's generally the older drafted guys that get the call.

Makes Yakupov's tournament even more impressive. I really like the kid.

01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Bure

Quote:
Grigorenko was injured early.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Yes he was, and I liked what I saw from him early on in the tourney. Europeans seem to be dominating this years draft.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
On top of that, you've got to take into consideration that many guys (on Canada anyway) of Yakupov's age aren't even selected. For Canada, they may take 1 or 2 guys who have yet to be drafted, other than that it's generally the older drafted guys that get the call.

Makes Yakupov's tournament even more impressive. I really like the kid.
100% agree boys for an undrafted player he is one of the best I have ever seen in this tourney and I saw Sid live in Grand Forks.

I now get the fail for Nail thing and am toally on board. Kid is as blue chip as they get

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
100% agree boys for an undrafted player he is one of the best I have ever seen in this tourney and I saw Sid live in Grand Forks.

I now get the fail for Nail thing and am toally on board. Kid is as blue chip as they get
Ya, he had an excellent tournament for an undrafted player. The last undrafted players that we had who made that type of impact where Hall and Tavaras.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I forgot to add this.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
From what I understand he was injured the Latvia game (that ugly ankle rolling). I will give him a pass from the rest of the tourny, but even early on I felt Yakupov was out playing him. This is not to say Grigorenko is a bad prospect, hell he is still top 3, I just think Yakupov is well ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

One thing to remember guys is that Yakupov is a late birthday. So he is 93, whereas most other draft eligible players are 94. Not sure how it works in juniors in Russia, but in Canada you play with your age group (by birth year), so late birthdays generally have an extra year to prepare for the NHL draft. This is why Yakupov could wear a visor, BTW, since he was over 18. Not that that is neccessarily a bad thing, off the top of my head Ovechkin and Tavares were both late birthdays as well. But this is his 18 year old year, whereas for Grigorenko/Vasilevski this was their 17 year old year. (Also Crosby was his 17 old year in ND)

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote