HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread : Part I dont know if I have access to cable internet at my house

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Just played NHL 12 online for the first time. Good to see I have not lost a step.

Henrique, Clarkson and Sykora carried me over the Sens in a come from behind 5-3 victory. The guy dropped gloves with Clarky with .09 seconds left, I whooped him, than scored right off the ensuing faceoff
me, doc e and p4p were in eashl playoffs before.. we were winning the whole game by one.. they tie it with about a minute left. ensuing faceoff in our zone we win with 2.4 seconds left to send it into overtime. (wait heres the funny part)
games doesnt load overtime.. instead decides to load the faceoff again with 2.4 seconds left.. they score somehow and it counts, knocked out of playoffs

Old
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Devils Nick30

NHL 12 online is really starting to get annoying with all the glitch goals though

Old
12-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Good luck with that. I absolutely love the AC series but this one was a stinker imo. I played maybe 8 hours of it and I'm done. Graphics took a turn for the worse (unless you're playing in 3D), gameplay controls have been reworked to the point you have to learn it over, the costumes have taken a turn to the worse, and now it's all about making these stupid bombs. They've mucked it up. The only thing that got better imo is the assassins you control. They are a little more in-depth this time around.

I'm actually heading to trade my copy in for something... I just don't know what yet. Maybe Resistance 3 and a ps move gun.
I enjoyed Revelations, but I agree, the graphics weren't as good and the bomb making was a little annoying.

Did you watch Embers?

Old
12-31-2011, 01:31 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

My Battlefield 3 singleplayer save erased itself. FML

Old
12-31-2011, 01:46 AM
CerebralGenesis

BF3 Multiplayer is awesome

And Diablo 3 is never coming out...darn blizzard

Old
12-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdlopz View Post
I enjoyed Revelations, but I agree, the graphics weren't as good and the bomb making was a little annoying.

Did you watch Embers?
no, I only watched the opening to revelations. it was awesome though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
My Battlefield 3 singleplayer save erased itself. FML
I traded in AC for BF3 and have been playing the single player for 6 hours today. I can't believe how awesome it is. So glad I got it. Way better than the least COD MW was.

It feels like you're playing inside a movie. So cool. And only cost $14 after trade in.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
BF3 Multiplayer is awesome

And Diablo 3 is never coming out...darn blizzard
BF3 multiplayer is awesome if you're lucky enough to be able to connect to servers. Since the latest patch (late November I believe) I haven't been able to play at all. Every time I try to join a server it crashes at the Loading screen and says "Unable to connect to the server" or something similar. There's a 57 page thread on the official forums full of people with the same issue. I tried pretty much everything - manually updating Punkbuster, forwarding all the ports on my router, reinstalling the game, enabling both PnkbstrA and PnkbstrB services in my antivirus, etc... And still nothing.

There's actually talk of a class action lawsuit against EA/DICE asking for full repayment for the non-functional game.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:22 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I traded in AC for BF3 and have been playing the single player for 6 hours today. I can't believe how awesome it is. So glad I got it. Way better than the least COD MW was.

It feels like you're playing inside a movie. So cool. And only cost $14 after trade in.
I was enjoying it a lot but I did not want to have to replay the first 3/4 of the game already. I'm trying to breeze through it on easy with some rum and cokes though

Old
12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Old
12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Ripshot 43

vCash: 1120
Need help from some video game/tec savy posters.....

Is anyone aware of if you can play games on xbox live with using anything other than a cable Internet connection? A friend of mine said that he heard you can use a Internet hot spot and still connect and not have any lag. Any help would be appreciated.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post

Is anyone aware of if you can play games on xbox live with using anything other than a cable Internet connection? A friend of mine said that he heard you can use a Internet hot spot and still connect and not have any lag. Any help would be appreciated.
You SHOULD be able to hot spot off your phone if you have the wireless adapter for the XBOX. Not 100% sure so don't quote me.

Make sure you have a unlimited data plan on your phone.

If you have a 3g or 4G phone and live in a area where you get good reception it will be strong enough to play. Your going to lag from time to time ( especially on 3g )

Old
12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Ripshot 43

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
You SHOULD be able to hot spot off your phone if you have the wireless adapter for the XBOX. Not 100% sure so don't quote me.

Make sure you have a unlimited data plan on your phone.

If you have a 3g or 4G phone and live in a area where you get good reception it will be strong enough to play. Your going to lag from time to time ( especially on 3g )
Thanks for the response! At least that's another vote of confidence.

Old
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Why so much hype for Skyrim? It's cool and has a few good ideas, but the graphics and gameplay engine are a step behind. It's hard to go from LA Noire, Uncharted and Assassins's Creed graphics and feel to Skyrim.

Will play more in the future, but for now I want to get Constantinople at 100% and play some online for ACR and U3.

Then probably some Battlefield before my gold membership runs out.

For anyone who played Revelations and watched Embers, who was that guy on the bench? Just a templar? I'm glad they added that short animation. Ending Ezio's time for Assassin's Creed.

Old
01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
For anyone who played Revelations and watched Embers, who was that guy on the bench? Just a templar? I'm glad they added that short animation. Ending Ezio's time for Assassin's Creed.
I don't think it was a templar. I think he was just symbolic of a young Ezio.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Missionhockey

Does anyone on here want to start a EASHL team for PS3? My gamer tag is Mission2287.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Why so much hype for Skyrim? It's cool and has a few good ideas, but the graphics and gameplay engine are a step behind. It's hard to go from LA Noire, Uncharted and Assassins's Creed graphics and feel to Skyrim.
for a game with as much in it as skyrim, the graphics are absolutely astounding. maybe you just aren't an rpg kind of person? the fighting engine or graphics in a true rpg are never going to be as good as a game like ac or uncharted with 10-15 hours of gameplay. skyrim has over 100 hours of game play AT LEAST. there's just so much to do in it and so many ways to do it all.

sure if you are more in to fast paced action games with endless amounts of pre-rendered cut-scenes like uncharted/ac or shooters, with campaigns that are quick, straightforward, and concise, you may not like skyrim. not saying those games are bad, i love ac and fps as much as the next guy, they're just different types of games. skyrim is the pinnacle of rpgs right now. if you like rpgs, you'll love it, if not, you won't.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
for a game with as much in it as skyrim, the graphics are absolutely astounding. maybe you just aren't an rpg kind of person? the fighting engine or graphics in a true rpg are never going to be as good as a game like ac or uncharted with 10-15 hours of gameplay. skyrim has over 100 hours of game play AT LEAST. there's just so much to do in it and so many ways to do it all.

sure if you are more in to fast paced action games with endless amounts of pre-rendered cut-scenes like uncharted/ac or shooters, with campaigns that are quick, straightforward, and concise, you may not like skyrim. not saying those games are bad, i love ac and fps as much as the next guy, they're just different types of games. skyrim is the pinnacle of rpgs right now. if you like rpgs, you'll love it, if not, you won't.

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games - is it more Final Fantasy or more Zelda?

I love RPG's like Zelda or Fallout where you're the one controlling **** - I could never play any of the FFs b/c I can't stand scrolling through menus - let me equip my **** and do battle damnit!

I'm getting old so my video game time has gone down a lot and I haven't played too much recently- Skyward Sword is the first game I've been hooked on since I think SMB Galaxy 2 - which I've yet to finish.

So, should I pick up Skyrim? Or given the fact that it's 100 hours (probably 2 or 300 for an old **** like me) just too much so I shouldn't even bother?

Old
01-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games - is it more Final Fantasy or more Zelda?

I love RPG's like Zelda or Fallout where you're the one controlling **** - I could never play any of the FFs b/c I can't stand scrolling through menus - let me equip my **** and do battle damnit!

I'm getting old so my video game time has gone down a lot and I haven't played too much recently- Skyward Sword is the first game I've been hooked on since I think SMB Galaxy 2 - which I've yet to finish.

So, should I pick up Skyrim? Or given the fact that it's 100 hours (probably 2 or 300 for an old **** like me) just too much so I shouldn't even bother?
skyrim is basically fallout without guns and with magic if you have the time its a great game

Old
01-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise View Post
Does anyone on here want to start a EASHL team for PS3? My gamer tag is Mission2287.
I just joined the hfboards team but it doesnt seem too active, im down start playing my gamer tag for ps3 welcome2hell56

Old
01-02-2012, 12:30 AM
JK3
THE GRINCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post

Is DSL available in your area? I have Verizon DSL and it works fine for the Xbox online.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
skyrim is basically fallout without guns and with magic if you have the time its a great game
Excellent, it's on the list then.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I'm completely hooked on Skyrim.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

elder scrolls, and skyrim in particular, is basically fallout medieval style. they're both made by bethesda and it shows. if you like fallout you'll like skyrim as well. don't be daunted by how much there is to do, just do the things you want to. it's not really about "finishing" a game like skyrim, i've put roughly 50 hours into two different characters and haven't gotten farther than halfway through the main questline. there's just so many fun things to do. you can just take your time and appreciate every little quest.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

See my problem - GTA syndrome - I HAVE to complete a game 100 percent. I explore every little crack crevice and corner there is.

Hell I should be done with Zelda by now, but I just got to the Temple of Time because I've spent so much time dicking around

It's definitely on my list now though, I think I'll hit up the cheapo bin and find and older release first.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
See my problem - GTA syndrome - I HAVE to complete a game 100 percent. I explore every little crack crevice and corner there is.

Hell I should be done with Zelda by now, but I just got to the Temple of Time because I've spent so much time dicking around

It's definitely on my list now though, I think I'll hit up the cheapo bin and find and older release first.
in that case you might finish skyrim around 2015 or so

Closed Thread