HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm#33: Kings @ Maple Leafs, 12/19/11, Post Game WIN thought - CAPTAIN O'my CAPTAIN !

Old
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's nice to see an exciting Kings game. They've been few and far between this season.

The win keeps our head above water for now.

Can't wait to see how the team performs under Sutter.
Agreed. It was the first time in about a month that I've been entertained by watching the Kings play. From here on out it's good luck to eat Dairy Queen on game days. Not that much to ask.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
TwzKing

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Brown actually playing to his potential is a delicious thought

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Hold on to Drew Doughty no matter what you do, because he's so good that he doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

You guys outplayed us and definitely deserved to beat us, but that obvious missed offside call on the second goal was such a crock of ****.

Other than Quick (who was superlative), none of your star guys stood out (aside from Doughty), but I liked Clifford, Loktionov and Willie on your end tonight.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
Hold on to Drew Doughty no matter what you do, because he's so good that he doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

You guys outplayed us and definitely deserved to beat us, but that obvious missed offside call on the second goal was such a crock of ****.

Other than Quick (who was superlative), none of your star guys stood out (aside from Doughty), but I liked Clifford, Loktionov and Willie on your end tonight.
Thanks for some of the compliments (i guess)... but on the whole, you seem to really dislike the Kings on an odd level (based on many comments you've made). I find it to be hilarious quite frankly. Like, I'm so neutral towards the Leafs because I just don't feel like giving a **** about a team on the east coast that I hardly get to see/choose to watch. The Leafs are a fast team, though. I'll give them that.

Anyway...

This game is a baby step in the right direction. Definitely a positive.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Thanks for some of the compliments (i guess)... but on the whole, you seem to really dislike the Kings on an odd level (based on many comments you've made). I find it to be hilarious quite frankly. Like, I'm so neutral towards the Leafs because I just don't feel like giving a **** about a team on the east coast that I hardly get to see/choose to watch. The Leafs are a fast team, though. I'll give them that.

Anyway...

Many comments? Like the one I made in the Leafs PGT?

Okay yeah; Kopitar and Brown didn't impress me tonight (Brown nailed his SO winner but missed about 3 nice shots in game in addition to his goal, and did chirp the ref after high-sticking Bozak, and is kinda dirty with the stickwork. Kopitar is a huge talent who still to this day is inconsistent), Penner is a heap (I doubt anyone here disagrees) and JJ is still very, very bad both in the defensive zone and at holding the puck in on the point, but you did outplay us and deserved to win, and I also said...

Quote:
Instead of breaking down individual performances, I want to talk about team building. We are clearly a squad that favors speed, and that's fine against slower squads, but LA? Don't let their slide fool you; they'll easily make the playoffs and will probably at least get to the 2nd round, but that's the type of team we struggle against; not as fast as us, but fast enough, but also with BIG forwards who cycle like bosses. That's the type of team that I want. We need more guys like Lupul on F.
See we can beat teams like Anaheim, Carolina and New Jersey, who have one good line but besides that are slow and stupid, but not a team like you guys or Vancouver or Boston that can ice three big, fast lines. It was the cycle game you guys play that smoked us.

Still a long, long way to go.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:40 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Photoshop Bailey here

WIN!
Or better yet...here...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:43 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Thanks for your contribution.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Many comments? Like the one I made in the Leafs PGT?

Okay yeah; Kopitar and Brown didn't impress me tonight (Brown nailed his SO winner but missed about 3 nice shots in game in addition to his goal, and did chirp the ref after high-sticking Bozak, and is kinda dirty with the stickwork. Kopitar is a huge talent who still to this day is inconsistent), Penner is a heap (I doubt anyone here disagrees) and JJ is still very, very bad both in the defensive zone and at holding the puck in on the point, but you did outplay us and deserved to win, and I also said...

See we can beat teams like Anaheim, Carolina and New Jersey, who have one good line but besides that are slow and stupid, but not a team like you guys or Vancouver or Boston that can ice three big, fast lines. It was the cycle game you guys play that smoked us.

Still a long, long way to go.
To be honest, the Kings haven't been a good cycling team this season. Tonight was the first consistently solid cycling game the Kings have played in a long time.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:47 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

I thought it was a great game. Fun to watch, especially after the past several weeks of bad, boring hockey.

Why do you have to go and ruin it for us?

Old
12-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
To be honest, the Kings haven't been a good cycling team this season. Tonight was the first consistently solid cycling game the Kings have played in a long time.
You guys had the puck in our zone for about 3:30 nonstop in the second period and I was like '**** my life...'

I don't know if Sutter will be the right fit for you guys or not, but whatever, if you bring tonight's cycle game and Kopitar is a bit more influential, you're golden. I can't really get over how sick Quick was, you guys outshot us by tons, but it felt like Quick made more insane saves than Reimer.

And trust me, the Leafs both are and have been worse lately. We were about 2nd in the East two weeks ago, now we're 7th.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
TwzKing

Quote:
You guys had the puck in our zone for about 3:30 nonstop in the second period and I was like '**** my life...'

I don't know if Sutter will be the right fit for you guys or not, but whatever, if you bring tonight's cycle game and Kopitar is a bit more influential, you're golden. I can't really get over how sick Quick was, you guys outshot us by tons, but it felt like Quick made more insane saves than Reimer.

And trust me, the Leafs both are and have been worse lately. We were about 2nd in the East two weeks ago, now we're 7th.
Now if we could just get you guys to stop voting for Reimer, and start voting for Quick.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

The Kings of the past two seasons were good cycling teams with big bodies like Simmonds, Handzus, Frolov, Ponikarovsky, Smyth, etc. They don't quite have those big bodies that are strong along the boards anymore. However, I think most players decided that they were going to take the punishment and play hard along the boards tonight. Everyone was really strong there. They were also making smart plays with the pucks in the zone, which they haven't been doing a lot of for sustained periods of time.

Quick definitely made a couple huge saves tonight. He bounced back from getting pulled last game (which wasn't necessarily his fault). Reimer made some good ones too, but I think the Leafs had a couple of the best chances that Quick robbed them on.

From what I've read, Sutter likes an aggressive forecheck like the Kings were running today, so I would imagine he's going to tell them to keep that up.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Great game! Great win!! So happy about this win!

I'm so going to Dairy Queen tomorrow! The King needs his Queen!

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Man, it had been so long since that happened, that I wasn't even sure if I was watching the LA Kings to be honest with you.

Sutter does like a speedy forecheck with quicker bottom six guys than we have right now, so I assume that's going to change some things up a bit. And Clifford is going to be relied upon to score more goals and play in all situations. When Chris Simon was a Flame, Sutter used him a lot, and his PIM's weren't extremely high, I expect he's going to look to get that kind of play out of Clifford. More guys will have to chip in offensively or this thing won't work for him.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Now if we could just get you guys to stop voting for Reimer, and start voting for Quick.
I don't even remember which goalie I voted for (I think it was Thomas), but I'm pretty sure that most Leafs fans are flashmobbing the vote keep Daniel Alfredsson out of the game, which is kinda petty because he isn't what he used to be and we all hate him, but he is Ottawa.

But yes, looking at the numbers and seeing how pissed I was at him (a good thing) tonight, it is sick and wrong that Reimer, Price, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin and Luongo are ahead of him, but when you think about it, he's a big dude and it's only his 3rd season playing a starter's amount of games. It's probably tons better for him to take a week off to chill than going to the NHL's annual dong and pony show.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Man, it had been so long since that happened, that I wasn't even sure if I was watching the LA Kings to be honest with you.

Sutter does like a speedy forecheck with quicker bottom six guys than we have right now, so I assume that's going to change some things up a bit. And Clifford is going to be relied upon to score more goals and play in all situations. When Chris Simon was a Flame, Sutter used him a lot, and his PIM's weren't extremely high, I expect he's going to look to get that kind of play out of Clifford. More guys will have to chip in offensively or this thing won't work for him.
Well I don't know if it was 3:30 exactly, but I live in a 3-story townhouse and my TV is in the basement (I usually have it on on the main floor and in the basement so I don't miss anything), and I had time to;

- Go to the bathroom (main floor).
- Go to the fridge and get another beer (main floor).
- Come back downstairs.
- Realize that I need my phone, three storeys up, go up and get it (upper level).
- Come back downstairs and sit down.
- Recline.
- Send a few texts.
- Go put something into the microwave.

Then there was a whistle and it still went on for like a minute after that. At first I was like 'Dammit, just clear the ****ing puck!' but then eventually I was just like 'Okay, how is this still going on!?'

Old
12-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Shellz

Just watched the highlights. I don't remember the last time I saw Brownie that happy. Good for the team. Really good. Hopefully I get to watch the replay later. Can't wait to see Sutter come here. GO KINGS!!!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
TwzKing

Quote:
I don't even remember which goalie I voted for (I think it was Thomas), but I'm pretty sure that most Leafs fans are flashmobbing the vote keep Daniel Alfredsson out of the game, which is kinda petty because he isn't what he used to be and we all hate him, but he is Ottawa.

But yes, looking at the numbers and seeing how pissed I was at him (a good thing) tonight, it is sick and wrong that Reimer, Price, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin and Luongo are ahead of him, but when you think about it, he's a big dude and it's only his 3rd season playing a starter's amount of games. It's probably tons better for him to take a week off to chill than going to the NHL's annual dong and pony show.
Agreed, its just criminal how underrated he is.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:21 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
It's probably tons better for him to take a week off to chill than going to the NHL's annual dong and pony show.
Ha! Good one, whether intentional or not.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:35 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post

Anyway...

Leaf fans are still bitter over 93'.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Penner has been great at creating turnovers the last few games. Now if he can get over coughing it up after forcing the turnovers.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:03 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I'm still so happy over how that game went. It's not just the win, because we won in Columbus and it was nothing special, but how we won. For the first time in a while I saw signs of life and it gave me hope that we can get our offense going sooner than I had expected. Our possession game during the second period was badass and I hope there is a lot more of that in our future. It was also pretty cool to pull out a win for Stevens last game as head coach.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Kings caught TWO big breaks from what I saw. The first being that the puck bounced off the glass right onto Williams stick for the first goal, and second the refs not calling that offsides with Doughty.

But yeah, DUSTIN BROWN is BADASS MAN!

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

That's really the first time in a long time that I came away from a game feeling like the Kings were objectively the better team and deserved to win.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Go Dairy Kings!

Now to try to put a win streak together.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote