HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm#33: Kings @ Maple Leafs, 12/19/11, Post Game WIN thought - CAPTAIN O'my CAPTAIN !

Old
12-20-2011, 07:00 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
so how much did the linesman and referee cost you guys?

haha just kidding. good game.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
Hold on to Drew Doughty no matter what you do, because he's so good that he doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

You guys outplayed us and definitely deserved to beat us, but that obvious missed offside call on the second goal was such a crock of ****.

Other than Quick (who was superlative), none of your star guys stood out (aside from Doughty), but I liked Clifford, Loktionov and Willie on your end tonight.
Kerry Frasier told the refs how to referee an LA/ Toronto game.
Clifford has already been told by the refs that next time our teams play, he has the green light to slash your goalie like he is Kunta Kinte/ Toby from Roots.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

This game reminded me of how good the Kings can be at dominating teams when they want to get their forecheck and cycle going. It's been so long since they've played even remotely close to their potential. Nice to see flashes of it again.

I will say though that I don't envy Sutter. He's got his work cut out for him.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

I will say though that I don't envy Sutter. He's got his work cut out for him.
Does he only frown? Every pic I've seen of him he's got that frown / scowl thing going on.

We may be seein that a lot.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
So does this "3"-2 win snap the streak of scoring less than 3 goals a game?
Sadly, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Ridiculous, ain't it? Fortunately the goals are likely to flow in against the Ducks.
We've scored 2-1 and 5-3 wins, and lost 3-2. The 5-3 game was under Carlyle. I'm going to say it's less than a guarantee. Plus Hiller usually gets up for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Stevens can stay, put him charge of timeouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
And Clifford is going to be relied upon to score more goals and play in all situations. When Chris Simon was a Flame, Sutter used him a lot, and his PIM's weren't extremely high, I expect he's going to look to get that kind of play out of Clifford. More guys will have to chip in offensively or this thing won't work for him.
I'm so glad to see this and hope you are right. Clifford was under used by TM. The kid was getting like 8:30 a night, which I think was lowest on the team next to Westgarth. I know the kid has struggled, but how was he supposed to improve when he sees the ice for about 3-4 shifts a period? We all know Clifford has it in him to be a 15 goals, 30 point guy, he shouldn't have been playing less than Moreau. Hopefully Sutter will get the most out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Leaf fans are still bitter over 93'.
And we're bitter about almost everything since.

That said, I hate the Leafs, so it's nice getting a daily synapsis of their constant failings nightly on my TV.

As for the game, that has got to be the worst missed off-side call I've seen in ages. The ref is like 12 feet away, staring at the puck and the stick is behind the puck, not in front blocking his view. How the heck did he miss that? I'm shocked Burke hasn't blown his lid to the media and held a press conference to state "off-side is not Swedish for 'close enough to still count'."

I'm glad to see the Kings having some fun. I guess DQ puts a smile on everyones faces after all

I didn't think they'd reply from that 8-2 embarrassment this way, so i'm impressed with that. Hopefully it's the start of things to come.

Sutter is coming in and he gets a few games pre-Christmas and then we have a lengthy homestand starting just after Christmas. We really don't have much travel the next month, LA better make a lot of hay in the next three weeks or we are in huge trouble. They play like this all of those games, we should be ok. And we should finally score more than two goals. A dozen games and counting is sad.

Go Kings!!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Now that Doughty had a stellar game in Toronto, I wonder if HF Boards still considers him the "most overrated player" currently in the NHL.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:01 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Maybe we can all shove our hatred of the Kings in the places that we shove things and get bak to enjoying and *supporting the team that we profess to love without prejudice for awhile. Griping doesn't mean that you aren't a Kings fan and in fact, some of the people who have been around forever are the ones that are the most vocal about how our team has struggled but to all of us I would ask if it isn't time to just stop?

Stop with the negative crap that has taken these boards down and into nothing more than a daily PMS squabble about the over obvious struggles that we see and start doing what we constantly seem to be asking our team to do? To start *changing our attitudes* about our team?

To me it is sort of the old booing the team question all over again. Our job as fans (other than enjoying the team and the game of hockey) for the most part, not all the time maybe but for the most part is to be the "extra man" by cheering yelling clapping and showing our team that we are there for them shpoop or sunshine.

I think we do that for the most part at the games but what about here? How about for each other? Debate what is wrong? Of course. Make this negative pablum that is spewn all across every thread here the norm? Why? I have been doing more reading lately than posting and I have seen instances where the people who are talking about our teams positives are shut down and ridiculed for having a positive take on some things.

WTF?

Like I said, public forums so post what you think and nothing is more or less valid or welcome than the next thing and yes we have had reason to be concerned and peeved at mgmt as well as the team lately but changes have been made and we have yet to see what is what. Why not expect success? Why not expect that this time things might actually get better or that the right thing has been done?

I too have been around the team since the forum 500 was more than just a passtime, it was a favored activity. Back when the 5$ handshake was all that was needed to watch the Kings play. Back before RC Cola controlled all of the merchandising for the team and I know what it is like to get my hopes up only to be disappointed but that was then and this is now.

I love this team. I am a Kings fan with purple and gold blood in my veins and black and white hair on my head and it doesn't matter to me if you are pollyanna or golum, if you love the Kings then you are darn near perfect.

I just would like to see us stand behind the team for the rest of the season. To come here and be able to cheer along with everyone more often than to come here only to be reminded of every possible Fing little potential problem regarding every possible little potential thing.

Meh, I know I am not the one to decide right and wrong but over the past season and a half these boards have really changed and gone are a ton of great and insightful fans as a result. I know that this is the nature of internet boards but man the mood around here seems to be over run with B.S. slinging angry people who have a hard time finding the good amoung the bad.

We're all Kings fan and passionate at that but I for one think it is not only O.K. to cheer for your team and support the good that they do while they are trying to fix things which is exactly what they are doing.

Don't ask the team to "change its attitude" if you aren't willing to change your own when they do. At least give em a chance and while they are doing so give them your support. Save the complaining for the offseason when the team is done playing and needing your support.

Booing people who are giving their all certainly and I can promise you this, won't lift them up to a higher level of compete but cheering them actually might make things better.

I am waiving my cane and about to take my meds so you don't have to tell me to do so.

Hey, I am complaining about people complaining, guess I am a hypocrite.

I LOVE THE KINGS!

Last edited by etherialone: 12-20-2011 at 10:02 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Did anyone see the little thing NBC did on Jack Johnson on Sunday night after the football game on the local news? I thought they were going to pile on when they said they'd be talking about the Kings after their commercial break. They ended up doing a little interview with Jack Johnson and showed him with his silly grin in that Ferrari of his. It was kinda lame but you rarely see stuff like that on the news so that was cool. My guess it was Colleen Williams that put them up to it because I think she is a hockey mom.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Now that Doughty had a stellar game in Toronto, I wonder if HF Boards still considers him the "most overrated player" currently in the NHL.
No, but there will be a 20% spike to Doughty to... proposals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Maybe we can all shove our hatred of the Kings in the places that we shove things and get bak to enjoying and *supporting the team that we profess to love without prejudice for awhile. Griping doesn't mean that you aren't a Kings fan and in fact, some of the people who have been around forever are the ones that are the most vocal about how our team has struggled but to all of us I would ask if it isn't time to just stop?

Stop with the negative crap that has taken these boards down and into nothing more than a daily PMS squabble about the over obvious struggles that we see and start doing what we constantly seem to be asking our team to do? To start *changing our attitudes* about our team?

To me it is sort of the old booing the team question all over again. Our job as fans (other than enjoying the team and the game of hockey) for the most part, not all the time maybe but for the most part is to be the "extra man" by cheering yelling clapping and showing our team that we are there for them shpoop or sunshine.

I think we do that for the most part at the games but what about here? How about for each other? Debate what is wrong? Of course. Make this negative pablum that is spewn all across every thread here the norm? Why? I have been doing more reading lately than posting and I have seen instances where the people who are talking about our teams positives are shut down and ridiculed for having a positive take on some things.

WTF?

Like I said, public forums so post what you think and nothing is more or less valid or welcome than the next thing and yes we have had reason to be concerned and peeved at mgmt as well as the team lately but changes have been made and we have yet to see what is what. Why not expect success? Why not expect that this time things might actually get better or that the right thing has been done?

I too have been around the team since the forum 500 was more than just a passtime, it was a favored activity. Back when the 5$ handshake was all that was needed to watch the Kings play. Back before RC Cola controlled all of the merchandising for the team and I know what it is like to get my hopes up only to be disappointed but that was then and this is now.

I love this team. I am a Kings fan with purple and gold blood in my veins and black and white hair on my head and it doesn't matter to me if you are pollyanna or golum, if you love the Kings then you are darn near perfect.

I just would like to see us stand behind the team for the rest of the season. To come here and be able to cheer along with everyone more often than to come here only to be reminded of every possible Fing little potential problem regarding every possible little potential thing.

Meh, I know I am not the one to decide right and wrong but over the past season and a half these boards have really changed and gone are a ton of great and insightful fans as a result. I know that this is the nature of internet boards but man the mood around here seems to be over run with B.S. slinging angry people who have a hard time finding the good amoung the bad.

We're all Kings fan and passionate at that but I for one think it is not only O.K. to cheer for your team and support the good that they do while they are trying to fix things which is exactly what they are doing.

Don't ask the team to "change its attitude" if you aren't willing to change your own win they do. At least give em a chance and while they are doing so give them your support. Save the complaining for the offseason when the team is done playing and needing your support.

Booing people who are giving their all certainly and I can promise you this, won't lift them up to a higher level of compete but cheering them actually might make things better.

I am waiving my cane and about to take my meds so you don't have to tell me to do so.

Hey, I am complaining about people complaining, guess I am a hypocrite.

I LOVE THE KINGS!
You should teach a class or something, because if everyone posted like you there would be very little of the complaining you speak of and virtually every post would be intelligent and unbiased. This post is one of several examples of why i voted for you as poster of the year. Thanks TG and indeed, Go King GO!!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:18 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
so how much did the linesman and referee cost you guys?

haha just kidding. good game.
Just took them to Dairy Queen before the game.

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

GO TG!!

It would be great if those that criticize used the same amount of energy and passion cheering when something good happens. Like the Toronto game... like Brown and Kopi's performance and taking ownership of this team on the ice over the past four games. It took the Red Wings twenty years to grow into a perennial contender. There ain't any slick trade or system change way to do this. It's difficult hard work. With a lot of ups and downs.

GO KINGS!!

Last edited by Duc620: 12-20-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: better soup
Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

TG - Get off my lawn!!! Crazy old man.

Let me add though that I don't want a quick fix. These players should not be bailed out and therefore I am behind the Sutter hiring.

Go Kings!!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Shellz

Just watched the play where the Kings owned the Leafs for a couple minutes. I felt like I was watching a different team. I don't remember the last time they did that.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Ollie Weeks

Finally got to see a Kings win live! I'm up to .500! Perfect time for the guys to deliver a solid performance.

Watching them work over the Leafs for the majority of the game was such a bonus, reveling in the delicious, delicious booing. Too bad we couldn't win with the gimmick at the end, but still satisfying that our team entirely deserved the two points!

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Finally got to see a Kings win live! I'm up to .500! Perfect time for the guys to deliver a solid performance.

Watching them work over the Leafs for the majority of the game was such a bonus, reveling in the delicious, delicious booing. Too bad we couldn't win with the gimmick at the end, but still satisfying that our team entirely deserved the two points!
Every time I go to the games they lose. Is it hard being a Kings fans in Toronto?
I've been at the Staple Center twice this year. They played against Habs and the Wings. Loss Both with very ****** play. I guess I am just bad luck.

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote