HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Knuble to Chicago @ deadline

Old
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Knuble plays solid defense, not sure what you're talking about. He's second among Washington forwards in SHTOI/G, and has only allowed two 4-on-5 powerplay goals against this season (easily the best among Caps PKers). Caps allow fewer goals with him on the ice than they do without him at even strength as well.

It's pretty clear you've watched absolutely zero Mike Knuble this year. This is a case where the stats do not play out the story. Knuble will obviously struggle to produce when he's paired with guys like Halpern, Hendricks, Perreault, Beagle, and Eakin rather than true scoring forwards. He's a complimentary player. He's no slower than he was last year, when he put up 24 goals, or the season before we he posted 29 in 69 games. Troy Brouwer has taken his spot in the top 6, and combined with a very effective Chimera-Laich-Ward line, that has relegated him to the bottom of the line-up. At some point, he'll be given a shot in the top half of the roster again and I expect he'll produce.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
^
The fact Troy Brouwer has taken his top 6 role speaks enough about the play of Mike Knuble at even strength

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Chimera is a defensively responsible version of Stalberg as well.

Wouldn't mind Knuble, but he'd be filling Brunette's role and neither is ideal for a solution to our top six.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^
The fact Troy Brouwer has taken his top 6 role speaks enough about the play of Mike Knuble at even strength
Troy Brouwer is having a solid, if unspectacular, season. Certainly better than he played in Chicago last season. It more speaks to the Capitals lack of players willing to lay the body. Brouwer is 3rd in the NHL in hits, and that's a big portion of the logic behind his ice time.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Chimera is a defensively responsible version of Stalberg as well.

Wouldn't mind Knuble, but he'd be filling Brunette's role and neither is ideal for a solution to our top six.
Chimera is only part of deal offered that has some appeal but I dont like idea of having him around all the way til 2014

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Robert Theodorson

Right now Knuble is probably worth a 5th or 6th. Should he raise his stock and have about 30-35 points at the deadline I could see a 4th or even a 3rd for him. Crazier things have happened.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 06:52 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Troy Brouwer is having a solid, if unspectacular, season. Certainly better than he played in Chicago last season. It more speaks to the Capitals lack of players willing to lay the body. Brouwer is 3rd in the NHL in hits, and that's a big portion of the logic behind his ice time.
He had a large amount of hits for us too. He consistently plays the body; he just doesn't do it the way you'd think a guy that is in the top 5 for hits would do.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing View Post
I read that Chicago is looking for a top 4 D-Man first and foremost with that said I agree secondary scoring is key in the playoffs.
According to Cap queek Chicago has 5M in cap space
How about this trade
Vokoun, Chimera and Schultz for Emery Stalberg and Rensfeldt
Vokoun is a step up from Emery

Chimera has good speed and some grit he has 11 goals already
Schultz is a good shot blocker can play top 4 minutes when paired properly.
I think these 3 players would greatly increase Chicago chance at winning another Cup

The Caps thought this was going to be their season and they spent all their money, I am sorry to say the team has looked lost all year
I am hoping GMGM will look toward the future and try to get some value for his soon to be UFA's.
As for Knuble I think he would fit perfectly in LA
Richards Gagne and Knuble played well together in Philly
GMGM is in no position to play Santa he has got to get some of value for any player he moves, next season the Caps will be playing back in the Patrick Division, plus Carolina I pretty sure it is going to be a bit more physical then the southeast division.

How about
Knuble Halpern and Erskine for Stoll, Hunter Drewskie and Vey

I think Stoll is a capable 2nd line center I think Halpern would be better suited to be LA's 3rd line center

Johansson is terrible in the face-off circle, Stoll is on of the better face-off guy in the league
Caps aren't trading Chimera and don't want Emery.

Regarding WAS-LA trade, Caps would do it, but I LA won't.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Knuble plays solid defense, not sure what you're talking about. He's second among Washington forwards in SHTOI/G, and has only allowed two 4-on-5 powerplay goals against this season (easily the best among Caps PKers). Caps allow fewer goals with him on the ice than they do without him at even strength as well.

It's pretty clear you've watched absolutely zero Mike Knuble this year. This is a case where the stats do not play out the story. Knuble will obviously struggle to produce when he's paired with guys like Halpern, Hendricks, Perreault, Beagle, and Eakin rather than true scoring forwards. He's a complimentary player. He's no slower than he was last year, when he put up 24 goals, or the season before we he posted 29 in 69 games. Troy Brouwer has taken his spot in the top 6, and combined with a very effective Chimera-Laich-Ward line, that has relegated him to the bottom of the line-up. At some point, he'll be given a shot in the top half of the roster again and I expect he'll produce.
I agree. If I had to guess, I'd say they're trying to save Knuble's legs for later in the year and the playoffs. They already know what they have in Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble. It made sense to give Brouwer a good chunk of time in place of Knuble on the top line and let Brouwer eat up those minutes and see if he could develop any chemistry. I think we'll see Knuble bumped up to the top 6 towards the end of the year and see him get some extra time on the PP as well.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
He had a large amount of hits for us too. He consistently plays the body; he just doesn't do it the way you'd think a guy that is in the top 5 for hits would do.
I didn't mean to imply he had any more hits than he did for you guys. But, compared to my limited viewing of him last year in Chicago, his overall play seems to have picked up significantly, especially in terms of defense and forechecking.