HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The leafs have called up Darryl Boyce

Old
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
i think they are trying to see if kadri can finally go back to the center role now in the AHL.
Maybe, but I don't see it preventing a call up to the winger position. There isn't a spot for him to play center in the lineup.

12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Cappayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
He's got a good nose for the net
I saw what you did there

Cappayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Maybe, but I don't see it preventing a call up to the winger position. There isn't a spot for him to play center in the lineup.
it can change in the future, as i said before and ill say it again i think we might bring him up claude giroux style who started on the right wing and then eventually settled for the center.

12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
it can change in the future, as i said before and ill say it again i think we might bring him up claude giroux style who started on the right wing and then eventually settled for the center.
I'd be fine with that.

I just want to see him get his shot soon.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The more things change the more they stay the same.

After last year the goal was to improve on players like Crabb and Boyce with more talent and now we`re right back where we started. They were however both parts of a successful run on a competitive team last year in the second half.

That said Boyce is a hard worker and energy player and ideally suited for 4th line duty, and the player most suited style wise to replace Colby in that role.
This is really all that needs be said.

eyeball11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I'd be fine with that.

Im not that worried about that.
Very few were able to step up from that draft and kadri is no different.

top 5 and kulikov i believe are the certain few..ryan o'reilly is the special other

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Vexxed14

Quote:
I'd be fine with that.

I bet he will either be moved or will be filling a permanent spot that opens up in January.

I believe that if you study Burke's approach to player development, things are coming along right on schedule and the next call up will have to be a situation where he wont be forced out of the lineup due to contracts and waivers.

That or he will be the centerpiece of a big deal. The closer he is to being NHL ready, the more valuable he is but if you bring him up now and he doesn't perform, his value decreases from where it is today.

I understand there are other ways to develop players but Burke's AHL approach is proven. You have to be all in with it though, you can't half-ass it so to speak.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
daveleaf

I'm not upset Armstrong is gone again. To be honest if he ever pulls the Leaf sweater on again I wouldn't care. Some will say he brings some grit but he has stone hands and is useless in the offensive zone. Crabb and Boyce are fourth liners. I hope Dupuis is waived, what a useless waste of a roster spot.

I'm a Kadri supporter but he will NEVER be in a Leaf lineup. He is trade bait. The more I see what is happening the more I believe this is really the case. Burke seems to like his college players much more, even if they don't have half the talent.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
Where in the top 6 is he going to play?
It's not like any of Mac, Grabo, Frattin, Kulie have been lighting it up this year.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Macoun4life

Quote:
In fact, in another thread it was proven that Dupuis has one of our best GA/Ice time ratio on the PK.
Touche!

Macoun4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Express View Post
why did they not call up kadri?
Because he still doesn't play well enough defensively and with enough grit.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Darcy Tucker

last year: 11:22 TOI, PP 0:20 SH 0:21 19 blks in 46 games.

I actually dont remember him on the PK at all last season. I remember everyone argued for Brent over Boyce as a 4th liner because Brent killed penalties and Boyce didnt. He may have been a decent Pker in the AHL but I dont think he will step in and make much of a difference for the big club. Hes just an upgrade over any of our current 4th liners in terms of hustle , winning battles and what he can do with the puck.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
It's not like any of Mac, Grabo, Frattin, Kulie have been lighting it up this year.
No but everyone you just mentioned is significantly better in the defensive end than Kadri. Thing about Kadri is that he could help us but he could also really hurt us as well.

I think a lot of people are letting our quick start blind the real skill level of this team. We are normalizing now and are going to spend the rest of the year battling. There will be roster moves to better the team but they will be bigger than rushing your best prospect. That is the one thing we should avoid at all costs. Kadri is almost ready, almost.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
No but everyone you just mentioned is significantly better in the defensive end than Kadri. Thing about Kadri is that he could help us but he could also really hurt us as well.

I think a lot of people are letting our quick start blind the real skill level of this team. We are normalizing now and are going to spend the rest of the year battling. There will be roster moves to better the team but they will be bigger than rushing your best prospect. That is the one thing we should avoid at all costs. Kadri is almost ready, almost.
Very well said indeed we are looking for stability in defense n god knows we need that big around this hockey club.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Darcy Tucker

Kadri would be nice in the right situation, but with the lines as they are and the fact that he is not viewed as favorably by Wilson as much as other fringe players , it could be disastrous to try and inject him into the lineup. If he plays a limited role, doesnt produce, and makes mistakes that are bound to happen when you are a playmaker, he will be in the Leaf Nation dog house and viewed as a bust. What would be the point of him going through that? Theres just no room to give him premium shifts. Not the end of the world for him to continue to develop under Eakins.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
whitera

i want mike brown back and i want rosehill/orr gone.

whitera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:12 PM
mooseOAK*

Silly me, I saw a 4th liner being called up and didn't even think about Nazem Kadri.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:16 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
i was joking with my dad yesterday that the leafs are calling up boyce, to get him pissef off (he hates wilson) hating him for 4 years now lmao

and now boyce has been called up

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
No???

No goals, miserable PK.

Dupy has done nothing.
Agreed. Dupuis has been brutal. Taking penalties at the worst times, had MAYBE one game where we got what we thought we were getting (hustling hard, crashing the net etc), not been good on the PK.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:23 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Boyce and his 21 or some odd seconds last year will definitely help the PK . Not sure why people are suggesting that.

He won't help it at all. Good call up to replace ARmy though.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
It is truly unbelievable that they didn't call up Kadri.

Both the 2nd and 3rd lines are desperately searching for an offensive boost and they still don't call him.

It's embarassing, to be honest.
it's hardly embarrassing. Burke's track record with high end prospects pretty much speaks for itself.

i have faith that Burke knows what he's doing with Kadri, and he'll be a better player for it in the long run.

the only thing embarrassing is people, much like yourself, obsessing over the fact he's not up with the Leafs.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Silly me, I saw a 4th liner being called up and didn't even think about Nazem Kadri.
a third liner went on the IR, and there was already a 4th liner/AHLer playing on the 2nd line last night, and you didn't even think of Kadri being called up?

yeah, that is pretty silly of you.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
SteveV*

Glad Boyce is up, but really Kadri or Colborne up for third line, Dupuis WAIVED and Boyce in fourth.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
When i first read the back of the poster behind Burke, i thought it said "Pure Sh-t" instead of Future Shop.

Not ragging on Burke, he's been a great GM (except for keeping Wilson, that's the only problem i have)

contour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
it's hardly embarrassing. Burke's track record with high end prospects pretty much speaks for itself.

i have faith that Burke knows what he's doing with Kadri, and he'll be a better player for it in the long run.

the only thing embarrassing is people, much like yourself, obsessing over the fact he's not up with the Leafs.
Kulemin - 3gls
Frattin - 8pts

plus

Steckel
Dupuis
Crabb
Boyce
Orr
Rosehill

Meanwhile, we have two of the top offensive prospects in the AHL just sitting there ready to go.

It's embarassing.

What's our record (and offensive production) since Colborne was sent down, anyways?

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote