HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How hard is it to get a pair of tickets?

Old
05-25-2012, 10:17 PM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
How hard is it to get a pair of tickets?

Hi,

DW has been saying that I should take my son to an NHL game. Now I have never been to one. My first instinct is to go to MTL and see a habs- jets game.

But it would be much better to see a Jets game at MTS which to me is MileOne writ large. What's the best way to go? Kijiji? Give me a clue please

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Hi,

DW has been saying that I should take my son to an NHL game. Now I have never been to one. My first instinct is to go to MTL and see a habs- jets game.

But it would be much better to see a Jets game at MTS which to me is MileOne writ large. What's the best way to go? Kijiji? Give me a clue please
Honestly, its oing ot be pretty tricky to get tickets as you have to make a trip out of it. The only way i had success was by spamming the "best available" option for game day tickets on ticket master.

Since you need a little more insurance then that, you'd be best to negotiate with one of the season ticket holders here to get them in advance. Or you can go the kijiji route but your likely to pay throuh the nose and could end up getting ripped off.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hi,

Would you be coming to Winnipeg or trying to see the Jets in Montreal?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
During the season this forum is a good place to look for tickets

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Hi,

If your coming from that far away i'm sure i could make it happen,message me I have half season tickets i would be happy to help you out for what they cost me.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hi,

If you're a bit flexible on your dates I could probably get you hooked up as well. I share season tickets with friends

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:06 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
There's basically two routes:

1) Primary market, which is ticketmaster, but generally these are released 24-48 hours before game time. It can be very hard to get a pair of tickets, but I've done it a few times.

2) Secondary market from a STH. Probably much easier to get, but some games will be impossible to get.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Aerial

In addition to the 24-48 hours before, a bunch also go up on Ticketmaster usually the last week of the month for the next month's games. That said, it isn't GREAT for planning if you have to travel, so I'd definitely look into making arrangements with a legit STH instead. Just be careful of what you find online -- there's enough posters here and on other forums with good reputations, when in doubt ask a moderator!

Or hey... maybe there's a Jets fan who'd do you an IceCaps / Jets ticket swap. If I had my own Jets season tix I'd totally do that.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Le Golie

Dude, if you are coming from Newfoundland and Labrador and you have an interesting story - like a grown up wanting to take his son to your first NHL game and choosing to go to Winnipeg over closer cities, contact the Ice Caps and see if they can hook you up with tickets.

I bet they can make something happen for you.

If not, you'll get help here for sure.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
During the season this forum is a good place to look for tickets
This. We had a thread for ticket exchanges/sales among the members here which was very successful.

Looks like you already have a few offers ! Nice of you Zhamnov10 & ps241 to help out.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
There's basically two routes:

1) Primary market, which is ticketmaster, but generally these are released 24-48 hours before game time. It can be very hard to get a pair of tickets, but I've done it a few times.

2) Secondary market from a STH. Probably much easier to get, but some games will be impossible to get.
How do you get these 24-48 hour tickets? I didn't know about this. Is there a certain time they're released...like at 10am? Or do you just have to scour Ticketmaster at random times? Are there ever any tickets available that are two seats together?

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
How do you get these 24-48 hour tickets? I didn't know about this. Is there a certain time they're released...like at 10am? Or do you just have to scour Ticketmaster at random times? Are there ever any tickets available that are two seats together?
I've often seen 2-5 tickets together. This are the reserved tickets for VIP's (players reserved tix/media/general VIP's) so they are all over the place, but there is often tickets together. I remember one Saturday game against Carolina where I checked ticketmaster at 9-11am (can't remember) and there was like 100 tickets available, about half as pairs or more. Really if you wanted to you could buy tickets on game day for almost every game and have no problem going to 30-35 games (two together even), IMO.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:13 AM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I've often seen 2-5 tickets together. This are the reserved tickets for VIP's (players reserved tix/media/general VIP's) so they are all over the place, but there is often tickets together. I remember one Saturday game against Carolina where I checked ticketmaster at 9-11am (can't remember) and there was like 100 tickets available, about half as pairs or more. Really if you wanted to you could buy tickets on game day for almost every game and have no problem going to 30-35 games (two together even), IMO.
You're not referring to the wait list game day tickets, correct?

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
You're not referring to the wait list game day tickets, correct?
Wait list get first crack at them, but often these tickets slip past them to the general public. I am not a wait list member so I do not know how many get offered to them, only what appears on the general public ticketmaster on gameday. There was good tickets for most games from what I saw.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Wait list get first crack at them, but often these tickets slip past them to the general public. I am not a wait list member so I do not know how many get offered to them, only what appears on the general public ticketmaster on gameday. There was good tickets for most games from what I saw.
I'm pretty sure the tickets for the ticket draw and wait list are specifically set aside for that purpose. The ones released on gameday are (again, I'm pretty sure) unused comp/VIP tickets.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:10 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Thanks for the info, when the schedule comes out, i'll check aeroplan availability, and set a tentative date(s).

I'll post here again when the time is right. Thanks for the ticket offers. I'd be supplementing the cost with some IceCaps swag, and some stuff that gurgles in the bottle!! Enjoy the off season

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Uh oh, looks like Brad and/or Zhamnov is getting a bottle of 151 proof Screech.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Yup you have to hammer the hell out of ticketmaster. I found as the season went on more people caught on to this and it was harder to do.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Aerial

Quote:
I've never noticed a set time, but I just keep an eye on social media -- if you add enough Jets fans on Twitter or Facebook word goes around pretty quick that tickets are up, both for the month-in-advance and for the 24-48 hours-in-advance ticket releases.

I`ve seen quite a lot of tickets with two seats together, sometimes more.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:46 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Kijiji is your best bet

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Thanks to the lovely people here I was able to go to 3 games this year. 2 games were a pair of tickets beside each other and one was just me. When the season starts up, ask in a ticket thread. As mentioned before, people would be happy to help if you're coming all that way.

05-26-2012, 09:47 PM
tbsol

If you can let me know the dates in advance, I would consider selling you my seats at cost for a game.

tbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:21 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsol View Post
If you can let me know the dates in advance, I would consider selling you my seats at cost for a game.
Same. If you are coming all the way from the Rock, I can pretty much guarantee we will get you in the game legitimately...I would not recommend Kajiji

TCsmyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:14 AM
tbcwpg

If people on this board did so well with two guys coming in from San Jose last season, I'm sure they'll go above and beyond for a guy and his son from st johns

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:48 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
If people on this board did so well with two guys coming in from San Jose last season, I'm sure they'll go above and beyond for a guy and his son from st johns
That was a great evening!

Hook up with STH on the board and enjoy your time in Winnipeg. Fans from Saskatchewan, Finland and pretty much all over have enjoyed the hospitality of Jets fans.

No need to go anywhere near kiijii.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote