Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Interesting. Any idea which round these guys could go in? I'm assuming you have watched these guys and they have impressed you?
Most of these guys I watched during the WJC, while a few others I watched in the CHL.

Here's the kind of draft I would run:

Round 1: Radek Faksa (Kitchener)
Round 2: Tanner Pearson (Barrie)
Round 3: Lukas Sutter (Saskatoon)
Round 4: N/A
Round 5: Alex Gudbranson (Kingston)
Round 6: Tomas Filippi (Baie-Comeau)
Round 7: Alessio Bertaggia (Brandon)

Old
03-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Most of these guys I watched during the WJC, while a few others I watched in the CHL.

Assuming these guys are even there at those selections...in the mock I am in, Tanner Pearson went 34th (we pick 39th), Lukas Sutter went 46th (we pick 69th with the next pick).

Not sure about Bertaggia tbh. He was alright in the WJC, elusive and quick, but man he is just tiny. Listed on eliteprospects as 5'9'' 163lbs and that's the biggest I have seen him listed as, and he is somebody who has really slowed down in the 2nd half after a good start. He was passed over in the draft last year, I'm not sure if I would go after him at all.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:

I go to school in Kingston, and have seen a few Fronts games. I have liked what I've seen so far plays tough hits quite a bit blocks shots, his shot is OK but his puck handling is below average as is his positioning. Not a bad bottom round pick though.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Yeah I have to admit, Bertaggia is a bit of a homer pick because he plays for Brandon. But if Chevy and company use that pick to draft another token Manitoban (in this case, honorary Manitoban) like Kasdorf, it might as well be him

Old
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Any guy the Jets get is probably at least 2 years away from making the lineup.

My preference is they take a D hopefully someone falls in the 15-20 range like a Cody Ceci

I'd be all for that, but i fear he'll be long gone by the time we get around to making our selection.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

In a perfect world, I'd LOVE those picks in rounds 1-6

Old
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:

instead of bertaggia what about this player http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=22021

swedish evander kane,

Old
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
trebendan

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade down in the first round, to acquire additional later round picks. I'd be OK with them then drafting Frk or Sissons with the first round pick.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade down in the first round, to acquire additional later round picks. I'd be OK with them then drafting Frk or Sissons with the first round pick.
If our prospect pool has any needs it is definitely high end talent. We have a bunch on the team already but there's not much high end talent on the way. Draft BPA at whatever slot we get.
Later round selections are worthless. And if Machacek can't crack our roster then I doubt Sissons would fare any better in this organization.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
If our prospect pool has any needs it is definitely high end talent. We have a bunch on the team already but there's not much high end talent on the way. Draft BPA at whatever slot we get.
Later round selections are worthless. And if Machacek can't crack our roster then I doubt Sissons would fare any better in this organization.
I don't know much about the sissons machacek comparison, so no comment on that.

But i totally agree with the lack of high end talent in the pool for sure.

If anything we should be pooling (fantasy not reality) our deep picks to move up.

We really need to be going after guys with the highest ceiling possible, as i think our prospect pool is full of potential bottom sixers that are fairly close to making the jump into "the show".

Also i agree with BPA to a point (1st/2nd rounds) but i really think our focus needs to be on skilled (scoring) forwards, and big D.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Just to add to my previous list of potential mid round steals:

Andreas Athanasiou (London)
Matia Marcantuoni (Kitchener)
Charles Hudon (Chicoutimi)
Henrik Samuelsson (Edmonton)
Nick Ebert (Windsor)

These were guys who were all predicted to be drafted in the 1st round at the beginning of the year, but either dropped in the rankings or were surpassed by better players.

Old
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I can see them targeting Tom Wilson. Seems to fit the mold of how they want to build this team.

That said, depending on how these last 13 games play out, the guy I'm hoping for is Cody Ceci should we continue to fall out of the playoff race.

Old
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Last night TSN was reporting that they heard the Oilers would be willing to trade their 1st round pick for a top 2 d-man with puck-moving ability. Sounds like a d-man like Enstrom. Oilers will likely be drafting top 5. This is all hypothetical of course but would you move Enstrom for a top 5 pick? I am not sure I would.

Old
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Last night TSN was reporting that they heard the Oilers would be willing to trade their 1st round pick for a top 2 d-man with puck-moving ability. Sounds like a d-man like Enstrom. Oilers will likely be drafting top 5. This is all hypothetical of course but would you move Enstrom for a top 5 pick? I am not sure I would.
If the Oilers are offering their first for Enstrom I don't know how you can't take that deal.

03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I can see them targeting Tom Wilson. Seems to fit the mold of how they want to build this team.

That said, depending on how these last 13 games play out, the guy I'm hoping for is Cody Ceci should we continue to fall out of the playoff race.
Recently read an article on wilson, thought he sounded like the perfect "prototype" for the jets to draft. Anyone know what his draft projection is?

Old
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
If the Oilers are offering their first for Enstrom I don't know how you can't take that deal.
Yeah, perhaps. Drafting Dumba or Murray would make for some filthy blue line prospects. If Yakupov was up then a no-brainer but I think if Oilers get 1st pick they keep it and draft Nail. My concern would be this Jets seems really darn close. Not just to getting the playoffs but to making an impact. Enstrom will be key to that and not certain of the projected development time for the prospects.

I used to salivate at the thought of trading for top 5 picks but my other team is the Oilers and they are doing a thorough rebuild but its honestly getting painful to endure. I haven't cheered for team that wins at least .500 in the last 4 years. Jets 2.0 are blowing me away, don't wanna consider rebuild.

Old
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
I wouldn't think the Oilers would be interested in moving the pick for a guy with 1 year left before UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Recently read an article on wilson, thought he sounded like the perfect "prototype" for the jets to draft. Anyone know what his draft projection is?
He's moved around a lot, but I think he would be somewhere in the mid 20's?

Old
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
If Enstrom is willing to sign long term, you definitely do not take that deal in my opinion.

Enstrom is the type of player you strive to acquire with a top 5 pick and you already have him. Why risk that when he's not too old and not too likely to bolt from Winnipeg? Just to acquire someone who *MIGHT* be a little bit better in 4-5 years? We already have our stud d-man prospect.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
If Enstrom is willing to sign long term, you definitely do not take that deal in my opinion.

Enstrom is the type of player you strive to acquire with a top 5 pick and you already have him. Why risk that when he's not too old and not too likely to bolt from Winnipeg? Just to acquire someone who *MIGHT* be a little bit better in 4-5 years? We already have our stud d-man prospect.
completely agree

wait, which ones our stud dman prospect?

Old
03-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
completely agree

wait, which ones our stud dman prospect?
I shouldn't say prospect. I should have said "stud up and coming defenseman."

Mah bad.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Depending on how we finish the season, if we do well enough and our pick is relatively low we could be looking at one of the prep school kids:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/stewa...chenyuks-rise/

They were talked about in the second part of that article. I've heard a ton about "Boo" Nieves, and would not be upset if the Jets drafted him this summer, but a guy I'm really interested in is Sam Kurker. I think he's available in the second round and while a lot of people are discussing Wilson as the physical powerforward of this draft, I believe Kurker is much the same and has flown under the radar while playing for St. Johns prep school.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Just to add to my previous list of potential mid round steals:

Andreas Athanasiou (London)
Matia Marcantuoni (Kitchener)
Charles Hudon (Chicoutimi)
Henrik Samuelsson (Edmonton)
Nick Ebert (Windsor)

These were guys who were all predicted to be drafted in the 1st round at the beginning of the year, but either dropped in the rankings or were surpassed by better players.
Complete pass on Athanasiou. He can only do one thing, skate. At best he is will be Kirill Koltsov. No interest whatsoever.

Nick Ebert is starting to come back, but I just have no interest. He is horrendous defensively and does not have the skills of a Ryan Ellis or anything. I pass on this guy.

Henrik Samuelsson is a guy I like (I took him in the mock I am in at 39). He has good size, good skater, but most importantly he plays with an edge. Loves to get involved physically, wins boards battles, hard worker. Has plenty of offensive skills as well, has 21pts in just 25 games since crossing the Atlantic to join the Oil Kings. Will be a quick riser, might even crack the first round.

Don't know much about the others.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Depending on how we finish the season, if we do well enough and our pick is relatively low we could be looking at one of the prep school kids:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/stewa...chenyuks-rise/

They were talked about in the second part of that article. I've heard a ton about "Boo" Nieves, and would not be upset if the Jets drafted him this summer, but a guy I'm really interested in is Sam Kurker. I think he's available in the second round and while a lot of people are discussing Wilson as the physical powerforward of this draft, I believe Kurker is much the same and has flown under the radar while playing for St. Johns prep school.
From articles I've read sounds like Brian Hart has more upside. What is it with Kurker that has you more interested than say Hart? Just curious as I don't know enough about Kurker.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
From articles I've read sounds like Brian Hart has more upside. What is it with Kurker that has you more interested than say Hart? Just curious as I don't know enough about Kurker.
I was going to try and explain, but instead here's an article that allows me to be lazy.

http://dansallows.com/interview-sam-kurker/

It's really more of an interview, but I just really like the way he plays the game. He has a lot of skill for a guy his size 6'2" 205 lbs and skates very well for being that big. One thing about him as the article states, "can elude defenders or simply power right through them" I really like how he can change up his game.

Either way I'm a big fan of the three: Nieves, Hart, and Kurker. I really hope we end up with one of them at the draft.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Rheged
JMFT

ISS list for March here.

Pretty much the same as last month's, they still have Galchenyuk at 16.

Last edited by Rheged: 03-15-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Closed Thread