Old
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
ISS list for March here.

Pretty much the same as last month's, they still have Galchenyuk at 16.
Him and Gaunce should swap in their rankings IMO.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Wpgpage

Liking Radek Faksa in the 10-15 range good upside big bodied, would be happy with him in the first round.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Liking Radek Faksa in the 10-15 range good upside big bodied, would be happy with him in the first round.
He's a tough one to call because everyone agrees he's good, but scouts vary on the "how good" so one team could definitely make a reach for him earlier.

This draft is just so hard to predict with all the defenseman and injured players. I'm really interested in seeing how it actually turns out.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I wonder if this is the type of draft that sets up for more trades.

If teams are all over the place on their own lists, maybe some teams will be willing to trade down, while others will really like a guy and want to move up.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
He's a tough one to call because everyone agrees he's good, but scouts vary on the "how good" so one team could definitely make a reach for him earlier.

This draft is just so hard to predict with all the defenseman and injured players. I'm really interested in seeing how it actually turns out.
I don't know why, and this is a baseless hunch, but Faksa reminds me of Kopitar his draft year. Good player, but how good? Then before you know it, he's a star and teams in the top 10 are kicking themselves in the ass for not taking him.

Again, baseless comparison on my part, but it's a hunch of mine. When all is said and done, in a few years Faksa could be quite the all around player.

Here is a good read on Faksa.

http://thehockeywriters.com/radek-fa...-up-the-ranks/

Old
03-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

Rheged and I were talking about this the other day. With the top 10 being mostly D the thought was that it could definitely be a weird one as a lot of teams in the top ten seem to always go for forwards.

I think we'll see a draft that doesn't follow the rankings very closely, which i think mitigates our chances at getting a good forward. Though there are a number of them ranked in a way that they "should" be available, there's a good chance a lot of the d-men get passed over.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I don't know why, and this is a baseless hunch, but Faksa reminds me of Kopitar his draft year. Good player, but how good? Then before you know it, he's a star and teams in the top 10 are kicking themselves in the ass for not taking him.

Again, baseless comparison on my part, but it's a hunch of mine. When all is said and done, in a few years Faksa could be quite the all around player.

Here is a good read on Faksa.

http://thehockeywriters.com/radek-fa...-up-the-ranks/
Faksa is a much more "polished" player that Kopitar coming into the draft. Kopitar oozed skill, he had the size, he was a GREAT skater, natural hands, etc. Faksa is a much more hard working, twoway style player than Kopitar (when he was drafted, Kopitar is now a fantastic twoway player but it took years).

The thing that many like about Faksa is that he is on the upside ala Scheifele last year. He is forcing himself into the talk about top 10, after not being on the radar at the start of the year. He is the type of player that even if the offense does not come, he will be able to play such a strong defensive game (his size helps here bigtime) and has such a high work ethic that he will be an NHLer (3rd line shutdown guy). I think that with his size, hands and puck protection, I think there is plenty of offensive upside. I am really high on Faksa, I think that if Jets are drafting 8-12 this is who they should be targeting (my bet is he's gone NO LATER than 12).

Old
03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Faksa is a much more "polished" player that Kopitar coming into the draft. Kopitar oozed skill, he had the size, he was a GREAT skater, natural hands, etc. Faksa is a much more hard working, twoway style player than Kopitar (when he was drafted, Kopitar is now a fantastic twoway player but it took years).

The thing that many like about Faksa is that he is on the upside ala Scheifele last year. He is forcing himself into the talk about top 10, after not being on the radar at the start of the year. He is the type of player that even if the offense does not come, he will be able to play such a strong defensive game (his size helps here bigtime) and has such a high work ethic that he will be an NHLer (3rd line shutdown guy). I think that with his size, hands and puck protection, I think there is plenty of offensive upside. I am really high on Faksa, I think that if Jets are drafting 8-12 this is who they should be targeting (my bet is he's gone NO LATER than 12).
Having two centres with size and skill down the middle with Faska and Scheifele would be a nice thing for the Jets to have in a few years.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:49 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Any thoughts on Sebastian Collberg?

I'm an advocate of taking the BPA, but RW is arguably our weakest position. Since there's almost no chance we'd get Forsberg or Galchenyuk, that leaves Collberg as the 3rd best available RW.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post

I'm an advocate of taking the BPA, but RW is arguably our weakest position. Since there's almost no chance we'd get Forsberg or Galchenyuk, that leaves Collberg as the 3rd best available RW.
I'm a little wary of Collberg just due to the fact that he really only seemed to come on to the scene with his strong play at the WJC's. It is nice that he's been playing in the SEL this year however, even if he hasn't put up any points.

Frankly I'm most interested in Aberg, still pretty much consensus rated around 20th and has some very intriguing numbers in the SEL this year.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Having two centres with size and skill down the middle with Faska and Scheifele would be a nice thing for the Jets to have in a few years.
Could be super deadly down the middle in a few years...basically...

Little Less-Aggressive Getzlaf (Scheifele)
Datsyuk-Lite (Burmistrov)
Martin Hanzal part 2 (Faksa)
More physical Gaustad (Cormier)

Be potentially the deepest center corps in the league (well other than Crosby - Malkin - Staal). That'd be unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post

Not sold on Collberg. In fact he seems like a softer, less talented version of Magnus Paarjarvi-Svensson. Has the wheels and the hands, but plays much too much on the perimeter. Has failed to make any kind of impact in the SEL (0pts in 41gp , MPS has 7g, 17pts in 50gp in draft year by comparaison). Don't know if his talent will translate very well to the NA game at all, nevermind the fact I'm not even sold on his talent. He might just be a guy who was faster than other players at a younger age, but has little else. IDK but I'm not targeting that guy with the Jets pick at all.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

I"m pretty sold on Faksa, I'd love for him to make it to the jets (depending on where we pick). good chance if were not in the playoffs he drops to us, which is a pretty decent consolation prize in my mind.

Old
03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Wpgpage

If Faksa and Gaunce are gone I wouldn't mind trading back into the 18-20 range and grabbing one of Aberg/Wilson/Colberg/Frk or Hertl in fact moving back to 20 and then trading the acquired pick plus the Jets own second to get back into the 24-26 range would be real nice and would allow them to pick up 2 of those 5 wingers and really strengthen their weakest area.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

If need be I think Faksa could transition from center to RW quiet easily. From what I've seen of him, he seems to really like shooting and coming down the right side a lot. He drives hard to the net and shows the effort on the forecheck to be an effective winger defensively. It does give the Jets more options down the middle though.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I see a lot of posters that seem to be more interested in taking a forward over a d-man...any reason?

Old
03-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Rheged
JMFT

For me I just feel like our defensive prospects have better upside in general than our forwards. I know that shouldn't really factor into who you're picking, especially in the top 10, but in my mind it does.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
For me I just feel like our defensive prospects have better upside in general than our forwards. I know that shouldn't really factor into who you're picking, especially in the top 10, but in my mind it does.
Fair enough. I think either way the player we pick returns to junior hockey next year to continue to develop. I'm still a BPA guy.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Can we get this thread stickied already?

Old
03-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Wpgpage

None of the D prospects really excite me past the first 2-3 guys they all look like #3/4 guys, at least the forward prospects have some guys with high upside. The organization also has nothing past the first 3 or 4 forward prospects at least the D has a couple guys who could pan out.

Old
03-16-2012, 06:27 PM
surixon

Quote:
None of the D prospects really excite me past the first 2-3 guys they all look like #3/4 guys, at least the forward prospects have some guys with high upside. The organization also has nothing past the first 3 or 4 forward prospects at least the D has a couple guys who could pan out.
I would like to get Murray, but little chance he is still around when we pick. He would be an excellent match for Bogosian going forward. I think he is getting a little underrated lately, he has all the tools to be an elite twoway top pairing defenseman.

Old
03-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I would like to get Murray, but little chance he is still around when we pick. He would be an excellent match for Bogosian going forward. I think he is getting a little underrated lately, he has all the tools to be an elite twoway top pairing defenseman.
yeah hes top 3 for me doubt he goes past 8th overall

Old
03-16-2012, 07:27 PM
surixon

Quote:
yeah hes top 3 for me doubt he goes past 8th overall
The only thing making me a little optimistic is that top level defenseman have fallen in the draft the last couple of year I.e Fowler, Gormley, and Hamilton. He is also the type of player that I can see Chevy dealing up for.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
I think because it's such a d-man heavy draft some of those d-men aren't getting the same credit they usually would. Don't be mistaken there are a lot of potential top pairing d-men available. I'd even go as far as saying the d-men have higher potential than most of the forwards. D-men obviously take more time to develop, so we'll have to wait and see how they continue with their development.

Trouba
Reilly
Reinhart
Ceci
Finn
Maatta
Koekkoek
Pouliot

I'm not going to say that all of those d-men are guaranteed to be top 2 d-men, but even 3-4 d-men hold a lot of value within the league. If the Jets pick in the 10-15 range they still got to go BPA.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
I would love to see Trouba fall to us.

Would be amazing if that happened. I do believe Murray and Dumba will be the first D-men taken, afterwards Rielly/Reinhart/Trouba is more of a toss up.

I wouldn't mind us grabbing Ceci either.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:08 PM
JetsHomer

Who wouldn't want a man named Griffin on our team?

Closed Thread