HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillip Dupuis

Old
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
zeke
#freewilly

vCash: 500
I don't hate Dupuis at all, but he's definitely not a guy who should have an unquestioned spot in the starting lineup. Boyce has every bit as much reason to deserve that spot.

The real problem, of course, is that we have both Rosehill and Orr stuck on the roster, and we refuse to waive either of them.

This means that we can only keep one of Boyce or Dupuis on the roster at any time, even though both should be on the roster, battling for 4th line duty every game.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:09 AM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I don't hate Dupuis at all, but he's definitely not a guy who should have an unquestioned spot in the starting lineup. Boyce has every bit as much reason to deserve that spot.

The real problem, of course, is that we have both Rosehill and Orr stuck on the roster, and we refuse to waive either of them.

This means that we can only keep one of Boyce or Dupuis on the roster at any time, even though both should be on the roster, battling for 4th line duty every game.
I agree. I have always supported the need for an "enforcer" on the roster, and still am. Having said that, there's no need for both of these guys.

Once we are healthy, it will be interesting to see what our fourth line becomes. Steckel is a must at centre simply for his faceoff abilities, and Brownie is a certain on one wing. That leaves two spots for Boyce, Crabb, Dupuis, Orr and Rosehill to battle for, one on the fourth line and one as the 13th forward.

Personally, I take Orr as the 13th forward and have Boyce on the fourth line. Could even have Dupuis or Crabb as an extra to go along with Orr if you wish

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
I agree. I have always supported the need for an "enforcer" on the roster, and still am. Having said that, there's no need for both of these guys.

Once we are healthy, it will be interesting to see what our fourth line becomes. Steckel is a must at centre simply for his faceoff abilities, and Brownie is a certain on one wing. That leaves two spots for Boyce, Crabb, Dupuis, Orr and Rosehill to battle for, one on the fourth line and one as the 13th forward.

Personally, I take Orr as the 13th forward and have Boyce on the fourth line.
Agreed.

The big problem at the start of the season was the last spot came really down to Boyce and Dupuis. Dupuis of course got the nod because he was the UFA.

But with Dupuis being less than expected, and from Wilson avoiding playing Orr and Rosehill when he can you have to think one of these guys will find themselves on waivers. And yes it likely ends up being Rosehill. Rosehill has become no better than Orr (I think Orr's hands have improved big time) but at the same time hes shown to be an effective winger in the AHL and im sure Eakins would prefer him over Orr

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Toque*

Only injuries like this can correct Wilsons mistakes.
Komi is a perfect example! yay kadri time

Toque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:20 AM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Agreed.

The big problem at the start of the season was the last spot came really down to Boyce and Dupuis. Dupuis of course got the nod because he was the UFA.

But with Dupuis being less than expected, and from Wilson avoiding playing Orr and Rosehill when he can you have to think one of these guys will find themselves on waivers. And yes it likely ends up being Rosehill. Rosehill has become no better than Orr (I think Orr's hands have improved big time) but at the same time hes shown to be an effective winger in the AHL and im sure Eakins would prefer him over Orr
I, like everyone else, have been extremely unhappy with Dupuis. When he came over from Colorado, we were told he led their forward group in hits last year, so I thought maybe we had another Brown type guy for the fourth line, which would be perfect. Boyce has proven he is capable of playing fourth line minutes in the NHL, and can at least put up some points, unlike Dupuis.

Orr is the better player IMO, it's just that Rosehill is a better skater(actually, for his size, he's a decent skater) so he can get in on the forecheck. Saying Rosehill has stone hands is an insult to stone, at least Orr has shown he can put a couple goals. Hell, he already has one this year and has played all of, what, 4 or 5 games?

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Why do people actually respond logically to this crap?
It's hilarious to watch how badly they respond to it.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
TML4eva*

Ah damn, I actually think Dupuis does more than given credit to him. Btw, Kadri got called up. Super excited!

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
zeke
#freewilly

The hockey gods are smiling us and forcing management to smarten up.

Could we dream of a better injured list than this?

Lombardi
Armstrong
Brown
Dupuis
Komisarek

All these injuries to mostly expensive players - and the roster isn't hurt even one bit.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
The hockey gods are smiling us and forcing management to smarten up.

Could we dream of a better injured list than this?

Lombardi
Armstrong
Brown
Dupuis
Komisarek

All these injuries to mostly expensive players - and the roster isn't hurt even one bit.
Our play and record hasn't exactly thrived with those injuries.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Our play and record hasn't exactly thrived with those injuries.
It's worth noting that things haven't been great since Komi got hurt. I think he has played well this season. Two defence-men have to be on the ice for every goal against and he hasn't been at fault very often.

L Corncrick is offline   Reply With Quote