HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

anyone know where to find a pro stock hockey bag?

Old
11-30-2011, 04:11 PM
backhandsauce

vCash: 500
anyone know where to find a pro stock hockey bag?

Title says it. You know the ones the pros use. I think they are vinyl?

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:59 PM
r3cc0s

an actual used one?

I think every company makes on, I've see the Easton Pro bag, Warrior, RBK etc...
One thing I notice is, #1 - they're not that expensive
#2 - They often have no features
#3 - They are tall and narrow

I don't own one, but was look @ an eagle one that was $50... cheaper than the warrior bag I own, but there are no skate pockets... heck no pockets at all and no way will cordura or vinyl breath at all... so make sure you air your gear

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
elevation

disagreed...mostley they are expensive (stonger material,stronger straps, zippers and corners, rubber bottoms..), do have features (inside skate pockets, vents, mesh pocket, ID holders...) and are often 36''-38''...the eagle player bag is one of the smallest and not a 'real' probag...I'd ask Junkyard Athletic...the RBK is also often used 'as it is'...just printed/branded...

elevation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
motalar

Hockey services has a pretty good selection of that type of bag. Flite hockey website says their pro bag is used by 11 nhl teams. You could also google smi or fury hockey, both of whom make pro team bags.

motalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
r3cc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevation View Post
disagreed...mostley they are expensive (stonger material,stronger straps, zippers and corners, rubber bottoms..), do have features (inside skate pockets, vents, mesh pocket, ID holders...) and are often 36''-38''...the eagle player bag is one of the smallest and not a 'real' probag...I'd ask Junkyard Athletic...the RBK is also often used 'as it is'...just printed/branded...
our sports check have the Vinyl pro bag from Easton, Vic/Hespeler, Warrior for $49 and less...

now whether this is "true" pro-stock bags that teams use to travel, is beyond me and you may be right where Fury, Flite etc.. may make the pro-stocks

Old
12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

I have a few pro bags. 2 Nashville Predators and 1 from the Italian Pro League (Asiago).

Will to sell for the right price.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:13 PM
fightincolts

I'd say go to your nearest pro teams equipment sale, they often sell them there.

fightincolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Actual pro bags I've seen are just heavy canvas ones with no features, since they're only used to move the equipment. Pro gear, after all, is set up in lockers to actually put on, and the tape and various whatnots is carried separately with team stocks.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Stickmata

I noticed last night that one of the guys on my team has an Easton pro bag that looks really nice. Good size and really stout construction. Canvas though.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:15 AM
elevation

The new Eastons come with Tarpaulin...but, I never had a 30'' bag...the Alkali CA9 looks good too...but no sleeves, no U-Zip....I like the Sherwood X8 Pro (= TPS or Torspo Pro bag)...Tron Pro Travel is nice too...30$ without discount...!? AND of course...SMI!

elevation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:51 PM
r3cc0s

After 80ish games on my 5030's one of the straps broke and I made a temporary mend with dental floss, but have noticed the foam is starting to flatten quite a bit...

I own another set of One95's but I hate wearing them... they just weigh way too much, though I realize they are incedibly protective.

Its almost like 100% heavier...

so what I'm thinking is a decent set of shinpads, with a cradle, good strapping, removable liner and vents... but most importantly, are Light!

any suggestions?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:14 PM
gabbagabbawill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Actual pro bags I've seen are just heavy canvas ones with no features, since they're only used to move the equipment. Pro gear, after all, is set up in lockers to actually put on, and the tape and various whatnots is carried separately with team stocks.
exactly.

gabbagabbawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
shello
@WShello9

Anyone know where I could buy one? Link?

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
greyraven8

There is a thread on 'The Goalie Store' forum about a company in Montreal company that makes the pro PVC material bags.

Sounds like the product is well liked, but there is no website - only phone number and email; seems like there is more luck for many contacting by phone.

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/equ...oalie-bag.html

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Wease

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
This right here. I have a Rangers pro stock bag and that's all it is, but it's straight from the team...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I have a pro stock laundry bag (literally). Kinda neat memorabilia.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Doland
Chicken Wings

vCash: 50
http://www.prostockhockeygear.com/

They usually have some.

Doland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Sir Meow Mix*

If you want pro stock your best bet is to make friends with the equipment manager or his assistant. Every few weeks bags are tossed because of rips from travel and of course odor. The smell can get really bad.

There really is nothing special about the bags used in the league other than the construction and additions made by the equipment manager. Usually he will add a stiff pad for the bottom and sometimes wheels and a few vent slits.

Sir Meow Mix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Oilmageddon

I just bought an Edmonton Oilers one from the team. As mentioned you can get them when they sell their used equipment after certain games.

If you are looking for and Oilers bag, pm me and I will send you the contact info of the person that can get you one.

Oilmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote