HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 31 @ New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Marian Gaborik 132 73.74%
Henrik Lundqvist 170 94.97%
Derek Stepan 79 44.13%
Carl Hagelin 68 37.99%
Artem Anisimov 44 24.58%
Stu Bickel 8 4.47%
Brian Boyle 1 0.56%
Ryan McDonagh 6 3.35%
Brandon Dubinsky 9 5.03%
Dan Girardi 29 16.20%
Ryan Callahan 3 1.68%
Brad Richards 2 1.12%
Tim Erixon 3 1.68%
John Mitchell 2 1.12%
Other 2 1.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Reading the Devils board after losing to us gives me a boner.
LOl.. Reading their posts proves their hate for the Rangers trumps their love for the red and black.

Give em credit though. They are passionate, but are a bit spoiled for being so good for so long.

I have them making the playoffs.And I really like Peter DeBoer as a coach. good pick up by Lou.

Bet the House that we will see the Moose at MSG in Feb.

Betting the house that we will see Marc Staal that night too.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Seriously just did this myself. It's hysterical. I firmly believe a large percentage of Devils "fans" hate the Rangers more than they like their own team, and going on that thread confirms that.

Also, I have to say, despite me having a large number of Devils fans as good friends, they easily have to be one of, if not THE, dumbest/ignorant fanbases in hockey. Spend any time on any thread. Their knowledge, or lack thereof I should say, of any team not called the Devils is shockingly poor. Someone called Hagelin just another Prucha....really? Really?

Typical Debbies fan: DERP STEVENS HERP DERP MARTY DERP
It's sad because it's true. The spend more time talking about the Rangers than they do their own team. Doesn't surprise me, though. Their team isn't much to talk about anyway.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:29 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Hell of a game, was there sitting in 225. Loved the Rangers fans about 2 sections over who got kicked out with 2 minutes left who encited a devils fan to charge them hahahaha I was laughing my ass off. And btw is it just me or does clarkson whine to the refs more than any player in the league?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Hey I was in 225 too! It was a group of 4 of us sitting near the last row in the corner. And I saw that guy 2 sections over too haha!!
Lol..I was in 225 also, 3 rows from the top. You must be referring to the a**hole in the Lundqvist jersey that, as he was getting thrown out, waived his hands in the air with this dumb ass expression that basically was like: "HEY!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! I GOT THROW OUT OF A HOCKEY GAME!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'M SOOOO COOL!!

Then of course, there was also the dickbag in the middle of 226 with a blue Rangers long sleeve t-shirt, who stood up waiving his hands & taunting the crowd causing a Devils fan in 225 to try and go after him, causing security to run right up, stop him, and then take a seat on the stairs. That happened right in front of me.

It is seriously embarrassing the way our "fans" act at some of these games. But it actually was pretty tame compared to the some of the other ones in the past. Nothing really happened until almost the end of the game, so I guess that's a small victory in itself.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:50 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
It's sad because it's true. The spend more time talking about the Rangers than they do their own team. Doesn't surprise me, though. Their team isn't much to talk about anyway.
Sure they'd talk about us. They played better in front of Brodeur than Rangers in front of Lundqvist yet lost.
This game is a good illustration on how wrong were those who argued that Lundqvist didn't have good team in front last December. Our defense is no better than last year. In fact it is much worse. Lundqvist is better than ever and whoever. He saved Torts.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:02 AM
MSG the place to be*

Kovalchuk is Derrick Rose
Gaborik is Ray Allen

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeAmerican View Post
How did McDonagh play tonight? I didn't see the game.
Played 28+ minutes largely against kovy and Parise (they were kept off the scoreboard). He took a 3rd period penalty for throwing the puck. he had a few good rushes including blowing one by Fatso that hit the crossbar. He played very well.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:34 AM
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Kovalchuk is Derrick Rose
Gaborik is Ray Allen
Derrick Rose is going to win an NBA Championship one day, Kovy will not win a cup. Plus Rose is probably the best, if not top two PG in the league. Kovy has the talent, but he doesn't produce.

rholt168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
slloopyyjoe16

Hey everyone was at the game last night what a big win that was. Lots of fans in my section (213). Did anyone else catch that fight on the way out with that idiot devils fan. He got punched by a couple rangers fans after starting with them and a brawl almost ensued but they left. Let's go rangers!!!!!!!

slloopyyjoe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know what's happening to Kovalchuk.

He was creating some very good chances (I can think of 3 REALLY good ones), but really it looks like he's a shell of his former self. He can't be logging that much ice time, it's ridiculous.

And honestly, if Kovy is going to continue on this career path, the question of Gabby v. Kovy becomes much more interesting.

Gaborik, who is 6 points away from a PPG over his career with the Rangers, who isn't on a ridiculous 500 year contract?
Kovalchuck had 7 points in his past 4 games going into last night, and looked pretty good last night even though most of his shot attempts weren't from the best scoring angles.

He is a one dimensional player that has taken time to figure out how to play on a new team where he doesn't have to do everything (though judging from last night, it seems like he decied to just do everything), but he's very good at that one dimension.

He is a much better offensive player than Gaborik in some aspects...his puck control blows Gaborik's out of the water and his shot is just as good and probably better, but I do agree that Gaborik has done the work to be a better defensive player and not take as many risks that Kovalchuk takes. Also, Gaborik scores a LOT of goals in the dirty area of the ice right in front of the goalie. I don't know if Kovalchuk scores there that much but it impresses that you can often find Gaborik camped out there...for a guy who most people would probably label a floaty perimeter player

But at any rate, I don't think it's wise to bash Kovalchuk like he's garbage...I bet you he finishes this season with at least 35 goals and a point per game. He's a very good player, and you can debate whether he's worth the contract or was a good fit for the team, but bottom line is that he's going to put up a ton of points for the Devils and he's probably going to score some big goals for them against the Rangers over the course of his contract

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Kovalchuk should just shoot from everywhere. It's scary when that guy has the puck on his stick. Like when Semin has the puck against us in the playoffs. You just know the guy can/is gonna wire it.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also man, Debs fans are obnoxious. I don't know how you guys go their board.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Hank

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
Quote:
They complain that Rangers fans are "classless, entitled fools" because they don't like the "MAAAARTY" chants or that people will respond "SUCKS" if they chant "MARTY" after a save.

Aren't they the only team in the league whose goal song includes the entire crowd yelling "YOU SUCK" at the other team?

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
They complain that Rangers fans are "classless, entitled fools" because they don't like the "MAAAARTY" chants or that people will respond "SUCKS" if they chant "MARTY" after a save.

Aren't they the only team in the league whose goal song includes the entire crowd yelling "YOU SUCK" at the other team?
Yeah but we have to show them respect in their "home building."

Except they also have a problem with Potvin chants, even though we do it at the Garden.

Who knows with them.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
cheerupmurray

Rangers had four swedes on the ice, it was a while ago since NY Rangers was a swede-team, I remeber you having a couple in the late 90's like Sundström, Ulf Samuelsson, Kim Johnsson. Starting to look detroitesque.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Black Tank

I wish I could gloat more but what we saw is only to be expected. The Rangers are an elite team this year at the top of the conference and despite being seriously depleted with the multiple injuries to the D corps, are simply better than the Devils. NJ is a bubble PO team aspiring to make the 8th spot with serious goaltending and defensive problems, a couple of guys who were last important a decade ago and an overpaid, underperforming star.

The Devils played their best game of the season by far against journeymen and rookie dmen and lost. The real question is why the Devils fans have such unrealistic expectations everytime NJ wins a handful of games against non-PO teams?

Not really important to the Rangers though as we've got the big game against Philly sandwiched between the always intense games against the Isles and the fight for the top spot in the EC.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Rangers had four swedes on the ice, it was a while ago since NY Rangers was a swede-team, I remeber you having a couple in the late 90's like Sundström, Ulf Samuelsson, Kim Johnsson. Starting to look detroitesque.
Wait for Oscar Lindberg and Jesper Fasth to be here.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Just concluded a joyful and uplifting visit to the Devils boards. We suck, were lucky, were completely outplayed the entire game and don't deserve to be on the ice with the Devils. Pretty funny stuff.

Great job by Henrik tonight.....but then, he owns the Devils. Great to see Hagelin continue to grow and get more important ice time. Kudos to Bickell and Stralman...........both did very well.
What no mention of the Kings pads? They must be really depressed.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:46 AM
beastly115

Quote:
The Devils are storming the standings, brah. Gonna be top 4 by season's end, Brah.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinFan62 View Post
1) Lundqvist
2) Stepan
3) Gaborik
Agree. Also got great games from Hags, Dubi,Anni, Girardi, McD(5 blocks even though poor judgement ending up in prone position on zajac's goal).
A real lunch pail effort by everybody.
Right now, Gabby would be on my list of 6 candidates for the Hart trophy if season ended tomorrow(Toews,Giroux,Malkin, Datsyuk,Kessel being the other 5 candidates).

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
LOl.. Reading their posts proves their hate for the Rangers trumps their love for the red and black.

Give em credit though. They are passionate, but are a bit spoiled for being so good for so long.

I have them making the playoffs.And I really like Peter DeBoer as a coach. good pick up by Lou.

Bet the House that we will see the Moose at MSG in Feb.

Betting the house that we will see Marc Staal that night too.
Staal sounds like he's getting close; my only hope is we don't put him in lineup for outdoor game against the Flyers. Doubt we'll see Sauer anytime before February. A friend of mine from our section 411 was at the Rock last nite and said the place was jam packed with Rangers fans(duh?) and that the Debbies fans are a bunch of soreheaded losers. I expect the Debbies to make the playoffs; that 1st line of theirs is a really a tough matchup(Henrique is a terrific rookie, better than Zajac and if Parise doesn't get resigned, we gotta go after him!)
Nice to see Janssen eat lotsa rights from Rupp, glad the big guy is back!

Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Classic line by Torts

Sent: Dec 20, 2011 10:55p

Torts said he was about to lose his mind after McDonagh penalty, but then later thought: "How can I be upset with this kid?"

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/s...37258674241536

Sent: Dec 20, 2011 10:56p

Torts said McDonagh has continued to step up in ways Rangers could not have foreseen. Girardi? Holding down the fort as per usual

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/s...37539847786498

The Rangers were on the road a few weeks ago. McDonagh had a rough period. Torts waited at the bench after the period. He yelled "Mac" and motioned for him to come over to him. Torts looked like he was going to rip McD a new one. Torts told him something and gave him a big smack on the back. I think it was the TB game.

Slats should send Bob Gainey a nice Christmas present for sending McDonagh to New York.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Definitely a true statement! Their fans have always had an inferiority complex regarding the Rangers(kinda strange bc they've won 3 cups since 1994). The main reason as I see it is their lack of a big , loyal fanbase as there are many Rangers fans thruout N.J. And as you go further towards mid and south Jersey, those areas are inundated with Flyers fans. The Debbies have been in no man's land since they moved here.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kovalchuck had 7 points in his past 4 games going into last night, and looked pretty good last night even though most of his shot attempts weren't from the best scoring angles.

He is a one dimensional player that has taken time to figure out how to play on a new team where he doesn't have to do everything (though judging from last night, it seems like he decied to just do everything), but he's very good at that one dimension.

He is a much better offensive player than Gaborik in some aspects...his puck control blows Gaborik's out of the water and his shot is just as good and probably better, but I do agree that Gaborik has done the work to be a better defensive player and not take as many risks that Kovalchuk takes. Also, Gaborik scores a LOT of goals in the dirty area of the ice right in front of the goalie. I don't know if Kovalchuk scores there that much but it impresses that you can often find Gaborik camped out there...for a guy who most people would probably label a floaty perimeter player

But at any rate, I don't think it's wise to bash Kovalchuk like he's garbage...I bet you he finishes this season with at least 35 goals and a point per game. He's a very good player, and you can debate whether he's worth the contract or was a good fit for the team, but bottom line is that he's going to put up a ton of points for the Devils and he's probably going to score some big goals for them against the Rangers over the course of his contract
Very well articulated points. Kovy is one of the most diffcult players to handle one on one because of his size, speed and stick skills. He's easily one of the top 5 offensive players in the league but the problem with him is he has absolutely zero interest in defensive responsibilities while he's on the ice. Therefore, he's the epitome of a one dimensional player and his signing by the Debbies at a time when they're in dire straights financially was a dumb move!

Old
12-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Very well articulated points. Kovy is one of the most diffcult players to handle one on one because of his size, speed and stick skills. He's easily one of the top 5 offensive players in the league but the problem with him is he has absolutely zero interest in defensive responsibilities while he's on the ice. Therefore, he's the epitome of a one dimensional player and his signing by the Debbies at a time when they're in dire straights financially was a dumb move!
It's not really even so much that he's one dimensional, it's that he takes some risks with the puck and can be careless with it in situations that lead to chances for the other team.

He has the ability to make up for those lapses a lot of times, but they're going to be pretty frustrating for Devils fans I imagine. Last nights shorthanded goal was just one example

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote