- Whitmore. Lots of effort, didn't stop moving his feet. The fourth line generate chances and drew penalties, and he had a lot to do with that.
- Miller kept them in it.
The Bad -
- Leopold-Weber had all sorts of issues
- The EN goal
- Trio's of failure on the first two goals. Leopold, Weber, and Gaustad on the first, then Adam, Szczechura and Weber on the second.
- Hey Zack, it's ok to actually make contact. You too Luke. Stop being *******.
- Vanek with his UBI couldn't control the puck at all.
The Ugly -
- Another loss.
- Hey Gaustad, you're buddy isn't going to get you another cushy contract. Stop playing stupid hockey -- two goals on you tonight pal. Wake the **** up.
- Weber is a rough and tumble MAG. He's a mess. He's first option when Myers gets back.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
I'm normally extremely optimistic when it comes to the Sabres, but this team just flat out sucks. I hate to sound like its a knee-jerk reaction from recent bad play, but this team's problems go beyond injuries. Time for change.
Good: I missed all but the last 2 min of the game
Bad: I saw a dumb penalty, and two goals against the Sabres in that short two-minute stint
Pretty much the same as Chain's. The fourth line, specifically Whitmore and Ellis, were great. And I feel the need to reiterate, **** you Gaustad. Quit playing like a dumbass and killing your own team.
Whitmore looked solid all night, foligno got going as the game progressed. Good energy from both of them. Too bad foligno couldn't bury that chance in the 3rd
Miller for most of the night
No injuries hopefully
Not getting destroyed even though only 5 of our regular forwards are healthy
Roy as the pointman on the PP
Our defense sucks at taking the body on guys crashing the net for rebounds (Leo, Weber, looking at you two)
Pommer's defensive coverage on the 3rd goal
Staff passing up a good scoring chance on the shorthanded 2 on 1 and giving the puck away
Chewy's giveaway on the 2nd goal
Paul Gaustad getting paid $2 mil to do absolutely nothing other than take a dumb ass penalty late in the 3rd
The beat goes on: Callups play harder than nearly all the regulars