HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Can't in Kanata, The (Dead) Beats Go On

Old
12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

vCash: 500
What did kassian say/do?

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Ruff blamed the officiating.

As many excuses as his sorry ass team.
What a shocker.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:45 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I rewound the the play 4 times looking for the call on Goose and I found nothing.

I thought initially it was when he was hit and got his arm up and hit the Sens in the head. But that ref didn't have his arm up on that. Then the other angle showed nothing after that when they skated up ice. So what caused the call?
Interesting. I definitely thought it was for the hit to the head. Either the ref got his arm up really late or I have no idea what he called then because that was all that was there.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Sup. So my bro took me too the Pens/Hawks game tonight and it was a very entertaining well played game. My plan was to get home and carefully cue up the Sabres/Sens game on Gaemcenter. BUT. I accidentally caught the score, and now I'm not excited about watching it, think I'll skip it.

Interesting post game comments by all of you, and it's weird that Miller got the 3 star when the team allowed 4 goals. I guess that means he wasn't dishing out soft serve ice cream tonight? Good.

I'm still dazed by that butt whooping the other night, guess the Sabres were too.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
What did kassian say/do?
Not really anything. He gave the usual types of answers. But near the end of the interview Sylvester said something along the lines of you seem mad and Kassian said he was mad. But Kassian spoke in a calm quiet voice the entire interview.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:47 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Not really anything. He gave the usual types of answers. But near the end of the interview Sylvester said something along the lines of you seem mad and Kassian said he was mad. But Kassian spoke in a calm quiet voice the entire interview.
Ho. Hum.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Sup. So my bro took me too the Pens/Hawks game tonight and it was a very entertaining well played game. My plan was to get home and carefully cue up the Sabres/Sens game on Gaemcenter. BUT. I accidentally caught the score, and now I'm not excited about watching it, think I'll skip it.

Interesting post game comments by all of you, and it's weird that Miller got the 3 star when the team allowed 4 goals. I guess that means he wasn't dishing out soft serve ice cream tonight? Good.

I'm still dazed by that butt whooping the other night, guess the Sabres were too.
They weren't dazed. Thats just them. A bunch of rookies with a bunch of vets who would rather blame injuries and officiating than actually work hard and close out a game.

If its not 1 excuse its another and it all starts at the top.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:53 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Interesting. I definitely thought it was for the hit to the head. Either the ref got his arm up really late or I have no idea what he called then because that was all that was there.
That what I thought it was for as well but the time between that hit and when the ref's arm went up was too long for that to be the call.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
They weren't dazed. Thats just them. A bunch of rookies with a bunch of vets who would rather blame injuries and officiating than actually work hard and close out a game.

If its not 1 excuse its another and it all starts at the top.
I don't like the injury excuse being thrown around by management, and I get the gist that you don't either. This team is still good enough to get through these injuries with a winning record, but the vets are really buying into the "hopeless dispare" that is really just an illusion.

Something has soured with the veteran core, and maybe it starts with Gaustad's, Montador-esque attitude? Maybe he's dragging his lip cause the team's not bending over backwards to bring his slow footed face back for another few years?

Whatever dude, your under a contract now. Honor it.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
joshjull

Stafford has to shoot the puck on that 2-1. He was practically in the goalies lap when he passed.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
I don't like the injury excuse being thrown around by management, and I get the gist that you don't either. This team is still good enough to get through these injuries with a winning record, but the vets are really buying into the "hopeless dispare" that is really just an illusion.

Something has soured with the veteran core, and maybe it starts with Gaustad's, Montador-esque attitude? Maybe he's dragging his lip cause the team's not bending over backwards to bring his slow footed face back for another few years?

Whatever dude, your under a contract now. Honor it.
Not one bit. People are probably wishing I didnt start posting more because of my negativity but whatever. This team stinks.

Roy is pathetic, and is showing nothing. Stafford the same. I dont want to blame Vanek but how can he not have any shots tonight? Weber was awful, Goose hasnt done anything in a real long time, Sekera did nothing, Leopold was junk, Miller was better but still not good enough to steal one... coach blames refs, owner retracts statements about bad goaltending on Saturday, President preaches for patience with Lindy and co., and worst of all? We lost to a team who was thought of to be rebuilding and is playing pretty damn inspired hockey right now.

All our guys want to do is make excuses. Well there are none that justify how our "leaders" are performing.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
MLH

Even strength this season:

MAG: 30 GP, 13 goals against, 26 goals for.
Weber : 7 GP, 9 goals against, 1 goal for.

Not enough sheltered minutes in the world to make up that difference.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Even strength this season:

MAG: 30 GP, 13 goals against, 26 goals for.
Weber : 7 GP, 9 goals against, 1 goal for.

Not enough sheltered minutes in the world to make up that difference.
Neither should be in the lineup over McNabb when Myers returns

Old
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
MLH

Quote:
Neither should be in the lineup over McNabb when Myers returns
Agreed.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Stafford has to shoot the puck on that 2-1. He was practically in the goalies lap when he passed.
Agreed. His season in a nutshell right there. Trying to get too pretty rather than just getting the puck on net and crashing the crease.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Not one bit. People are probably wishing I didnt start posting more because of my negativity but whatever. This team stinks.

Roy is pathetic, and is showing nothing. Stafford the same. I dont want to blame Vanek but how can he not have any shots tonight? Weber was awful, Goose hasnt done anything in a real long time, Sekera did nothing, Leopold was junk, Miller was better but still not good enough to steal one... coach blames refs, owner retracts statements about bad goaltending on Saturday, President preaches for patience with Lindy and co., and worst of all? We lost to a team who was thought of to be rebuilding and is playing pretty damn inspired hockey right now.

All our guys want to do is make excuses. Well there are none that justify how our "leaders" are performing.
I'm a little shocked about Weber's inconsistency this season. Just a couple games ago he was a ROCK, maybe the best d-man on the team. But then he's played some games that mad him look like he has no business playing at the NHL level. I think he might be a journey man for life.

The Sens might be reloading for another season, but their vets don't seem to care about tomorrow as much as today. That team has some REAL good players, and their goalies have not stuck out load this season, so I'm not surprised that they played well. But I do think the the Sabres did not get the right game results after that no-show a couple nights ago.

It's negativity but how else can we feel after giving up 16 goals the past 3 games? It's hard to think happy thoughts when you're team is letting everybody and their mother score on them. Losing is one thing but giving it up goals at this rate shows a lack of work and dedication. That's too many GAAs.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
I'm a little shocked about Weber's inconsistency this season. Just a couple games ago he was a ROCK, maybe the best d-man on the team. But then he's played some games that mad him look like he has no business playing at the NHL level. I think he might be a journey man for life.

The Sens might be reloading for another season, but their vets don't seem to care about tomorrow as much as today. That team has some REAL good players, and their goalies have not stuck out load this season, so I'm not surprised that they played well. But I do think the the Sabres did not get the right game results after that no-show a couple nights ago.

It's negativity but how else can we feel after giving up 16 goals the past 3 games? It's hard to think happy thoughts when you're team is letting everybody and their mother score on them. Losing is one thing but giving it up goals at this rate shows a lack of work and dedication. That's too many GAAs.
wow my spelling is awful lol

Old
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
joshjull

I would love to see Whitmore get a look with some better skill guys next game. He had good speed and a quick release.

Maybe a Whitmore/Adam/Kassian line.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Mellifleur

Ugly: Being in 10th place in the conference.

At least nobody can say, well all things considered at least we're still in a decent position.

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post
Ugly: Being in 10th place in the conference.

At least nobody can say, well all things considered at least we're still in a decent position.
You can actually still say that.

1pt out of 8th and 2pts out of 6th.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Kassian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
I suppose if this continues, were gonna have a very active trade deadline this year

Look of Regier's face when someone mentions trade deadline. HELP that boy is going to cry!

Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Other than Vanek or Kassian when was the last time you saw a Sabre skate into the slot and shoot? Everything is from the outside. They play way too soft and it's so frustrating to watch. When was the last time you saw Vanek get a deflection goal?(Maybe it would help if we had a D man who could hit the net)

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I can't get over how utterly *****made this team is and how ****ing awful Lindy Ruff's lines are.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:33 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
What is the Buffalo opinion on the Gaustad hit on Winnie?

This is here in case there's suspension talk and you guys lose another man.
He was already off balance and most of the contact came from the side. Still could've been 2 for boarding, but absolutely not worth a suspension.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
And thats my issue. Too many guys dont play hard.
Yes, but tell me what their record should be

/Schopp

Anyone else hear his crap today?

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote