HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL Firesale

Old
12-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Toastman

vCash: 500
Gionta will not get you a 1st

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Jayball

The only thing that could possibly save pg's job is trading gomez but won't happen.

Jayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Is Montreal trying to maintain the greatness of the 60s and 70s team? Do they realize it is a different time, and you cannot be great forever? Unless your Detroit or New Jersey.
what

But no, Montreal's not trying to maintain the greatness of decades long past. Montreal's trying to get back to some level of respectability, which is looking less and less likely with each passing game. Cunneyworth doesn't look like he's any better than Martin at this point, especially tonight.

"Oh we're facing the best team in the league...okay Budaj, you're in net, we're saving Price for the Jets".

Really?

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:06 PM
waitin425

Another loss for the Habs tonight.....I can't stand to watch

Okay now on to the firesale....I say go for it, let's tank a couple of years and start a rebuild.

Gill to Pittsburgh for a second rounder.

A Kost and Tinordi to Florida for Huberdeau

Cammy to LA for Penner and a 1st

Gomez to Coyotes for 5th rounder

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Another loss for the Habs tonight.....I can't stand to watch

Okay now on to the firesale....I say go for it, let's tank a couple of years and start a rebuild.

Gill to Pittsburgh for a second rounder.

A Kost and Tinordi to Florida for Huberdeau

Cammy to LA for Penner and a 1st

Gomez to Coyotes for 5th rounder
Only one of those that might be plausible is Cammy for Penner + 1st, but I doubt LA even does that, if only cuz of the 1st. Not speaking for them, but they'd probably give Penner away for nothing at this point.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:11 PM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23 View Post
Only one of those that might be plausible is Cammy for Penner + 1st, but I doubt LA even does that, if only cuz of the 1st. Not speaking for them, but they'd probably give Penner away for nothing at this point.
I don't think they are too bad value wise......although the only return we will probably get for Gomez is a bag of pucks

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Is Montreal trying to maintain the greatness of the 60s and 70s team? Do they realize it is a different time, and you cannot be great forever? Unless your Detroit or New Jersey.
Detroit was good for a bit in the 50s and for the past 20ish years. They haven't been great forever.

Travis Moen for Zac Rinaldo and a pick?

Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville for Budish/Watson/Beck + 4th round pick.

Gill to (Insert team) for a pick.

Campoli (Insert team) for a pick, or 4th line energy prospect

Gorges (if not close to be re-signed ) prospect and 2nd, or 3rd depending on prospect.

Darche to (retirement/your team) for a 5th, or later pick.

Possibly Petteri Nokelainen, Raphael Diaz, or Alexei Emelin

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:38 AM
mikef18

I really think we should try and go for a good number 1 center.

I know he's quite untouchable, but bring jonathan toews to MTL !!!!

To CHI:
Beaulieu
gallagher
plekanec
weber
1st 2012
1st 2013

to MTL:
Toews

French speaking captain, MTL will bow to JM if he brings toews to mtl, but it wont happen

mikef18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:12 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23 View Post
Nah, Penner has been playing a bit better lately. Will be interesting to see how he responds to a change of coach. As for the trade, I'd pass, I'd rather keep the 1st. I doubt Lombardi would bring Cammy back anyway.

Pacioretty for D?

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef18 View Post

To CHI:
Beaulieu
gallagher
plekanec
weber
1st 2012
1st 2013

to MTL:
Toews

French speaking captain, MTL will bow to JM if he brings toews to mtl, but it wont happen
You could add in half of Montreal's strip clubs, and Chicago still wouldn't budge.

Old
12-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
I don't think they are too bad value wise......although the only return we will probably get for Gomez is a bag of pucks
Didn't say they were bad in terms of value, but I'm taking the other teams' perspectives into account as well. Example: Florida just drafted Huberdeau 3rd overall in the last draft. Even if AKost and Tinordi equal Huberdeau in overall value as a whole, do they equal that same value to the Panthers? The answer is likely no. My guess is, Huberdeau is going to be a crucial part of the Panthers for years to come, and a still pretty raw Tinordi and an..enigmatic AKost won't come close to prying him out of Florida.

Old
12-22-2011, 03:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

As a habs fan, this is probably my wish list:

Cammalleri for a 1st and a prospect or something like Okposo+

Gionta for a close to NHL ready player with top 6 upside plus late pick. (Something like Eller when he was acquired from St louis. That type of 'nhl ready' and similar upside, top 9 player. Not a sure fire top 6 player. If for instance a player like tangradi came up i'd easily do the trade but I know it wont as pittsburg has no need and probably sees no point)

Campoli for a 3rd or 4th rounder, anything more is bonus.

Gill for a 2nd or 3rd.

Moen for a 2nd or 3rd.

AK for a 1st or a legit prospect.

Darche and/or Blunden for any pick, if there's even interest which I doubt.

I'd like to keep Gorges(and probably AK too) but both are available at the right price, in the case of gorges, that price may be even too high for most teams.

Kaberle, while decent for the habs, is obviously on the block but I don't expect any interest.

Gomez...hey if you take him on re-entry I'm happy.

I don't expect every team to give this much and I'm not sure if any would meet my expectations easily, but it's my wishlist and I tried to keep some as realistic as possible, others I just see as not worth giving up for peanuts.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 04:18 AM
dahlenrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Detroit was good for a bit in the 50s and for the past 20ish years. They haven't been great forever.

Gorges (if not close to be re-signed ) prospect and 2nd, or 3rd depending on prospect.

Wouldn't mind the Caps getting Gorges for the right price.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 04:25 AM
mstad101

Travis Moen for Dale Weise n 3rd that we have rather this year or next, can't remember.

Vancouver needs a guy with Moen's experience to play in the Bottom 6 and lead by example. He would have been great in our battle vs Boston.

Mtl gets a guy with some decent skill for a 4th liner, is a great energy guy with ok foot speed. Not the best fighter, but a useful grinder. Obviously the pick would be what Mtl would be looking for.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:09 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

If all that were to happen, Habs would not be able to dress 20 players for games...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:01 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Greatness forever as you claim would best be described in how many cups you have won. Detroit and New Jersey are closer to the bottom of that forever list.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:22 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

I shouldn't even mention trades for this team that I think would be productive, but how about...

Kaberle for Abdelkader?

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I could see Vancouver giving up their first for Gorges. We would have to send back some salary, thus I'll say Alberts, signed for another season after this one at 1.225m. We can bury Rome, Sulzer or one of the many fourth line guys to make up the rest. Yes, that may be a steep price for some Canuck fans but being a fan of both teams, Gorges is damn worth it. Not to mention our first is late. Of course a second and a prospect certainly work but otherwise, the only player the Canucks may have some interest in would be Gill.

Edit: Wouldn't mind Moen either, as someone else touched upon.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
david999

Are you guys out of your minds? They did not fire Martin to then go into firesale mode. I could see the GM trading Montreal's 1st along with other players to try and get into the playoffs. There is nothing more dangerous than a desperate GM trying to get into the post season. Good luck toiling in the bottom half of the league for the next 5 years.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I could see Vancouver giving up their first for Gorges. We would have to send back some salary, thus I'll say Alberts, signed for another season after this one at 1.225m. We can bury Rome, Sulzer or one of the many fourth line guys to make up the rest. Yes, that may be a steep price for some Canuck fans but being a fan of both teams, Gorges is damn worth it. Not to mention our first is late. Of course a second and a prospect certainly work but otherwise, the only player the Canucks may have some interest in would be Gill.

Edit: Wouldn't mind Moen either, as someone else touched upon.
I don't know what the Nucks could package together to get both from us.

If they got both pending RFA's, they would have the best defense in the league handsdown. When Gorges and Gill were together and this is Gorges with one good knee they were an amazing shutdown pair.

You add that too the backend Vancouver already has they would be set for the whole playoffs as both Gorges and Gill are playoff warriors.

The only problem me like other Habs fans want Gorges as the next team captain. He would have to go for a big overpayment IMO.

I just wouldn't be able to get over that defense though.

Edler Bieksa
Hamhuis Ballard
Gill Gorges

Salo/Rome

Alberts would likely have to come back in a deal if one were to happen just cap wise.

Last edited by BigHabs: 12-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.
BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

To CHI:
Beaulieu
gallagher
plekanec
weber
1st 2012
1st 2013

to MTL:
Toews

dear god almighty!

why don't you just add the bell center to that trade while your at it. if you're trying to make sure they trade toews, then i think you have succeeded in doing that

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM
mrinsane

I can see Pens, Flames, Sharks looking for Cammalleri but what kind of return..

Gill could be tradeable at deadline and many teams will pay the price for.

Gorges stay until Emelin can eat JG's mins.

AK46 is a lazy bull but a bull remain a bull. We can expect a 2nd pick or someone like Blake Geoffrion.

Scott Gomez is gone at deadline

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
ChoseLa

Gionta has no Value, Cammalleri might be acquired next season for a team that want a scorer in the PO. Gorges is just too good and we should include him in any rebuild. Moen is the only gritt we got.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
I don't know what the Nucks could package together to get both from us.

If they got both pending RFA's, they would have the best defense in the league handsdown. When Gorges and Gill were together and this is Gorges with one good knee they were an amazing shutdown pair.

You add that too the backend Vancouver already has they would be set for the whole playoffs as both Gorges and Gill are playoff warriors.

The only problem me like other Habs fans want Gorges as the next team captain. He would have to go for a big overpayment IMO.

I just wouldn't be able to get over that defense though.

Edler Bieksa
Hamhuis Edler
Gill Gorges

Salo/Rome

Alberts would likely have to come back in a deal if one were to happen just cap wise.
Oh believe me I know, Habs are one of my teams and I have watched Gorges since he first started in the NHL. Likewise, I agree both would make frankly the best defensive crop in the league. Our issue is their combined salary is a little too steep unless we sent back Ballard, something Montreal cannot handle. You have enough garbage contracts. Gill is good for a playoff rush however I see Gillis more interested in Gorges to help compliment Ballard, who needs a solid shutdown defenseman to round out his game. We occasionally have paired him with Edler but that wastes Edler's talents, thus Gorges would be absolutely ideal.

Considering Gorges is likely to be retained afterwards, we could entertain an overpayment but this would have to involve picks and prospects, hence my offering our first. We wouldn't deal Hodgson or any of our depth though.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:

To CHI:
Beaulieu
gallagher
plekanec
weber
1st 2012
1st 2013

to MTL:
Toews

JM is still our coach ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote