HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Will be interesting to see what Radulov does if they are eliminated.

He would have serious financial incentive to return to the Preds if he truly wants to come back to the NHL. Would likely make him an extra 3 million or so in his 1st year back in the NHL.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
smitty10

I think if his team is eliminated and he can return without going through waivers that we'll see him back in a Preds uniform before the end of the regular season. Would be great for him as he'd burn the last year of his contract and would be great for Nashville as he'd actually honour his contract this time.

Hope to see him back where he belongs. Radulov could be what the Preds need to push them over the top.

PS. does anyone know if he's playoff eligible this year?

Old
03-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I think if his team is eliminated and he can return without going through waivers that we'll see him back in a Preds uniform before the end of the regular season. Would be great for him as he'd burn the last year of his contract and would be great for Nashville as he'd actually honour his contract this time.

Hope to see him back where he belongs. Radulov could be what the Preds need to push them over the top.

PS. does anyone know if he's playoff eligible this year?
No one knows for sure, but the general consensus is yes, he can return for this year's playoffs without passing through waivers. Whether he actually wants to is a whole different question.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Zine

Remember that Russia has a new coach. If next year Radulov leaves for the NHL this will likely be his only WC to impress the new staff.
Not that he's in any jeopardy to not make the Sochi team, but playing in the upcoming WC would go a long way in showing his commitment to the team.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:58 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Yeah, he's not coming this year.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
tserberis*

Looks like Ufa will drop 3rd in the row.

AK Bars is playing very solid, looks more ready to play. Up by 2 after second.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:49 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Remember that Russia has a new coach. If next year Radulov leaves for the NHL this will likely be his only WC to impress the new staff.
Not that he's in any jeopardy to not make the Sochi team, but playing in the upcoming WC would go a long way in showing his commitment to the team.
3 million dollars is more allure than impressing a coach for a team you are a lock to make.

I know the Russian twitterer said he's playing at the WC. But stranger things have happened in Radulov's world, especially when it comes to money.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old
03-05-2012, 10:05 AM
tserberis*

Ufa lost 0:3. I'll give it 95% Ufa is done.

Old
03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Yes, because the WC staff hasn't scouted Radulov and others in the KHL all season. Commonly WC staff members are in Nashville and the rest of the NHL scouting players for their home land. I'm sure they've heavily scouted players in their own backyard too...

Old
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
do we know if there is a buyout or transfer fee that we would have to pay to get Rads back?

Old
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
WartracePred

Well it's not the sweep I wanted, but I'll take a first round exit.

I'm approaching the situation like another trade deadline. Hoping for the best, but won't be disappointed if he plays in the WC. As long as there's a chance, it's fun to consider the "what ifs".

Old
03-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Well it's not the sweep I wanted, but I'll take a first round exit.

I'm approaching the situation like another trade deadline. Hoping for the best, but won't be disappointed if he plays in the WC. As long as there's a chance, it's fun to consider the "what ifs".
Exactly, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Ak Bars Kazan might be up 3-1 in the series, but I think we've all seen teams rally back to take the series with their backs against the wall.

It's not over yet. We have no idea what Radulov will honestly decide to do. We don't know for sure if others will interfere with the transfer if Radulov does decide to return this season. Etc, etc, etc. It is a lot of fun to think of the possibilities though...

Old
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No one knows for sure, but the general consensus is yes, he can return for this year's playoffs without passing through waivers. Whether he actually wants to is a whole different question.
Well, if he has any interest in continuing his NHL career this situation is great for him. Kills the last year of his ELC and will allow him to make more money next season, while also giving him the last half of this season to become reacquainted with North American culture and hockey.

Old
03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I wouldn't get my hopes up even if they are eliminated in the next game. It's going to boil down to what Rads thinks is more important this year: the NHL play offs or the WC.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
MrJoshua

I keep telling myself that he's not coming back, ever, because that way I won't be disappointed if he doesn't. But there's still part of my brain going, "but what if he does?" You plug him into this forward lineup and you are talking about one deep talent pool. I'm not even sure who you'd sit to fit him in. Borque? Halischuk? Smith? Tootoo? You'd have four lines that could score, for sure...

Old
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'll believe it when I see Rads on NHL (Predator) ice.

Old
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Radulov was absolutely furious after yesterday's game because of the arena malfunctions and the ensuing delay. He said how big of a joke it was and that it was the equivalent of playing on a farm (likely a bad translation). Perhaps he's finally fed up of playing in a second tier league with second tier facilities?

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/137930005.html

Old
03-06-2012, 03:16 PM
wadesworld

Here's a link to the English version:

http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/137940750.html

Old
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Here's a link to the English version:

http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/137940750.html
sweet

Old
03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Not sure what Rads expected playing in the KHL. Regardless, maybe this plays to our advantage.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Wow, very interesting development.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Legionnaire11

The money situation aside, i'd rather not have Radulov back this season. He is not adjusted to North America and I think it would be more disruptive to him and the team to try and fit him in at this point of the season. It would benefit both sides more for him to come back and get a full training camp and pre-season in.

Old
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
The money situation aside, i'd rather not have Radulov back this season. He is not adjusted to North America and I think it would be more disruptive to him and the team to try and fit him in at this point of the season. It would benefit both sides more for him to come back and get a full training camp and pre-season in.
I agree. It benefits us more to have him come in this off-season.

However.

If he signed, it gives us an additional elite scorer down the stretch. Imagine Radulov with Wilson instead of Tootoo on that third line? Wow. It also might give us the extra edge we need to push the big 2 into resigning. Lastly, it may be the only way to convince him to come over and sign a reasonable extension.

03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Legionnaire11

We hope he's an elite scorer, he wasn't before he left, and he's been playing in an inferior league since then.

Old
03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Completely agree. I don't think the payoff is worth the potential risk. And frankly, I don't feel this organization owes him anything at this point. He can come over and fulfill his contract next season, with a full off-season and training camp, or he can GTFO. Poile already has his hands full pandering to the team's supposed leaders without worrying about integrating the prima donna Russian as well.

Closed Thread