HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
as I understand it he's already under contract for next year with Ufa.. so if they wanted him to stay I would think rather than money they would threaten him with losing his spot on the 2014 olympics...
He has an out clause:

Quote:
@SlavaMalamud Radulov's KHL contract does have an "out clause", so nothing legally prevents him from showing up in Nashville today
He's good to go; using my frequent flyer miles to help Alex pack up. Also, I've apparently been mispronouncing his name all along haha:

Quote:
@SlavaMalamud I've been waiting for 4 years to give the good folks of Nashville this pronunciation guide. Repeat now: rah-DOOL-off. Not RAJ-you-lahf

Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Oh, oh guys.

First he didn't not have a meeting schedule with KHL at all. It was requested by Medvedev and was a secondary thing today. Still can happen. But I doubt Rads is looking forward to it.

Second: yes KHL is trying to retain him, not him trying to suck money out of them. That is why he does not see reason in meeting with them.

Third: Ufa already letted him go.

I read no bad news on his MRI.

Decision will be announced on 15th, we either wake up with it or it will be done by the end of the day today.
Also some sources suggest he is flying out of Moscow to NA on 15th.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Oh, oh guys.

First he didn't not have a meeting schedule with KHL at all. It was requested by Medvedev and was a secondary thing today. Still can happen. But I doubt Rads is looking forward to it.

Second: yes KHL is trying to retain him, not him trying to suck money out of them. That is why he does not see reason in meeting with them.

Decision will be announced on 15th, we either wake up with it or it will be done by the end of the day today.
Best news I've heard since that report came out via puck daddy/yahoo sports

Old
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
He has an out clause:

He's good to go; using my frequent flyer miles to help Alex pack up. Also, I've apparently been mispronouncing his name all along haha:
We have apparently been butchering Erats name all along as well.. Remeber the season when pete and terry called him" AIR-at" for a while because they found out that's how he pronounces it in the czech republic?? Then erat finally told them it was ok to go back to "EE-rat"

Old
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
We have apparently been butchering Erats name all along as well.. Remeber the season when pete and terry called him" AIR-at" for a while because they found out that's how he pronounces it in the czech republic?? Then erat finally told them it was ok to go back to "EE-rat"
I have a pet peeve about people trying to pronounce foreign names as they're pronounced in the foreign language.

Example: Latino reporters (or even non-latino) doing a report for an American TV station in perfect English and then reverting Spanish pronunciation to pronounce a latino's name. It's not pronounced "rrrrrrrrrrodriguez" in English. It is in Spanish, but we don't speak Spanish.

Same thing with classical music DJ's who pronounce "Bach" as "Baaaaccchhhh." We're not German. It's an American radio station. In English, it's pronounced "Bach."

So to me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with "Erat."

I'm sure someone will disagree and accuse me of being insensitive and not worldly, but it just gets on my nerves. There's nothing wrong with applying an American pronunciation to a foreign name.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Oh, oh guys.

Awesome...I hope the good news keeps coming.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
la flama blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

Almost as good a name as Vopat's Rash. Wonder what happened to that guy....(the poster, and the hockey player)....
Jan is a scout for St. Louis I believe.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I have a pet peeve about people trying to pronounce foreign names as they're pronounced in the foreign language.

Example: Latino reporters (or even non-latino) doing a report for an American TV station in perfect English and then reverting Spanish pronunciation to pronounce a latino's name. It's not pronounced "rrrrrrrrrrodriguez" in English. It is in Spanish, but we don't speak Spanish.

Same thing with classical music DJ's who pronounce "Bach" as "Baaaaccchhhh." We're not German. It's an American radio station. In English, it's pronounced "Bach."

I'm sure someone will disagree and accuse me of being insensitive and not worldly, but it just gets on my nerves. There's nothing wrong with applying an American pronunciation to a foreign name.
I am foreign and I am 100% agree with you. Just as an example of my own counrty: we have two official languages and my name spelled and pronounced different on each of them. And even when you transition it to USA it will be spelled and pronounced different depend from which language you take it from. We had that discussion for SK name before.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

I disagree, and you sir are insensitive and not worldly.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 03-14-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Someone had to do it.:)
Old
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
tserberis*

On Russian : Серге́й Оле́гович Кости́цын
On Belarusian: Сяргей Алегавiч Касцiцын
On English from Russian:
Sergei Olegovich Kostitsyn
On English from Belarusian:
Siarhiej Aliehavich Kascicyn

Old
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
dubgeek

Quote:

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-14-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fixed video
Old
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Just went to OTF, and I clicked the link to a tweet saying Canucks players aren't happy about Radulov's potential return. The second comment says something to the effect of "The Canucks need to worry about their own play and not some cheating Nashville team."

Kind of funny coming from someone who, I would almost guarantee, was blind to the diving, stick holding, biting, and other cheating tactics of the Canucks during the play offs last year.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
deanwormer

Quote:

<snip>

If I knew you personally I might suggest a third alternative; we agree with ya' and still find ya' insensitive and unworldly. But since you're just an account on an internet board I'll just keep that too myself!

Old
03-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Juneemoon

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏ @dchesnokov
According to Radulov's Russian agent there was NO meeting between Rads & the KHL today. The decision 2 b announced tomorrow (via @plysenkov)

Old
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏ @dchesnokov
According to Radulov's Russian agent there was NO meeting between Rads & the KHL today. The decision 2 b announced tomorrow (via @plysenkov)

After Poile's confident comments on Rads, it better actually happen this time.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Just went to OTF, and I clicked the link to a tweet saying Canucks players aren't happy about Radulov's potential return. The second comment says something to the effect of "The Canucks need to worry about their own play and not some cheating Nashville team."

Kind of funny coming from someone who, I would almost guarantee, was blind to the diving, stick holding, biting, and other cheating tactics of the Canucks during the play offs last year.
lolllll.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I also read the DRW blog linked in the OTF article. Whoever wrote that should have his blogging privileges revoked

Old
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:

Old
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Canucky Cried Chicken

Old
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
LOL times 1000 (un mil)

Old
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know if he's coming back or not but I will say the Nucks and the Wings are upset because adding Radulov changes the format on how you play Nashville. Adding him makes one of our line a legit scoring threat every shift. Instead of just rolling your scoring line or the next pairing out there against in of our lines, now you have to play match-ups, much like we always have to do with our defensemen.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
tserberis*

It is 15th in Moscow already.

Get ready guys. News coming soon.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Don't understand how any team can say Rad coming back for you guys is unfair. If anything is unfair, it's that the Preds have had to be without Radulov thus far...

Old
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
tserberis*

I expect it to be clear by 11am Moscow (2am CT). First flight to NA.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Don't understand how any team can say Rad coming back for you guys is unfair. If anything is unfair, it's that the Preds have had to be without Radulov thus far...
It is mostly West playoff teams. They just starting pooping their pants. They know they no match for us if he is HERE!!!

Closed Thread