HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Roger Explosion

vCash: 500
That's a very odd video, the coach barely even reacts.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Regardless, what you're looking at is someone that has a tough time controlling his emotions. While a coach likes a little emotion from the team, uncontrollable emotion can be a very dangerous thing and very counter-productive.
looks like some things havent changed much since he left...

however, if he did something like that here I suspect he'd get a beatdown from Toots or Weber....

Old
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

oh give me a break. listen closely when a guy has a bad shift. doors slam, sticks get broken. mountains out of molehills

Old
02-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Good ol' Radulov. You little bugger

Old
02-01-2012, 09:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
oh give me a break. listen closely when a guy has a bad shift. doors slam, sticks get broken. mountains out of molehills
I was going to make the same comment. The anger isn't that unusual at all. Heck, if you put a stick in Mike Babcock's hands while he's behind the bench, he'd make Radulov look unemotional and disengaged.

Old
02-01-2012, 10:21 PM
AEM6729

Theory I read somewhere else: a fan was yapping at him and that's what made him turn around and go crazy. The coach is like, eh whatever, because he knows it's not for him.

Either way, what a freak. Slamming your stick on the boards on your way to the bench is okay...turning around and going ballistic on the back of the bench where people stand is lame sauce.

Old
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Explosion View Post
That's a very odd video, the coach barely even reacts.
probably because he is radulov's *****

radulov can probably do what ever he wants in and outside of that locker room

Last edited by TMI: 02-02-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: filter circumvention
Old
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
for real. ive seen arnott and hornqvist (im sure more) break sticks, slam doors, verbally assault whatever. Hockey gets frustrating sometimes.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Is there anything in the CBA that would allow the final year to be thrown out? I don't think so, NHL contracts cannot be reworked.
They can't throw it out. Would need to either get him on the roster towards the end of the season to let the year burn, or somehow assent to his playing on "loan" in Russia. I'm doubtful they can take the second option because I believe the Preds would be required to put him through waivers before he could he "loaned" to the KHL since he's no longer waiver exempt.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
They can't throw it out. Would need to either get him on the roster towards the end of the season to let the year burn, or somehow assent to his playing on "loan" in Russia. I'm doubtful they can take the second option because I believe the Preds would be required to put him through waivers before he could he "loaned" to the KHL since he's no longer waiver exempt.
Radulov only has 155 NHL regular season and playoff games ... not the 160 required for exposure to waivers ... and with his never ending ability to find issues that the CBA never envisioned - his suspension under 9.1(d)(iii) may or may not put the years on hold. With the way a "year" is defined in article 13, Radulov should be waiver exempt with just two "years".

It would be difficult to maintain any form of intellectual integrity and claim he was on "loan" this year without saying he was loaned for the previous three seasons. If they pull of the trick of saying he's on loan, they can bring him back without waiver exposure during the season ... if he's not on loan, he has to clear waivers.

Maybe Ufa will make a deep run in the playoffs and Radulov won't get the chance to come back until the off season and avoid the CBA nightmare.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
K3V1N

In KHL, player, "out of frustration," hits coach OR reversal reverses you!

coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Here it is embedded:

It does look like he is just meaning to hit the boards with his stick out of frustration, and then puts his hand up as if to apologize. The coach goes back to what he was doing rather than freaking out. If he truly wanted to attack the man why would he do it on the bench?

Old
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

The more I watch it, the less I think it was an accident.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:51 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Radulov only has 155 NHL regular season and playoff games ... not the 160 required for exposure to waivers ... and with his never ending ability to find issues that the CBA never envisioned - his suspension under 9.1(d)(iii) may or may not put the years on hold. With the way a "year" is defined in article 13, Radulov should be waiver exempt with just two "years".

It would be difficult to maintain any form of intellectual integrity and claim he was on "loan" this year without saying he was loaned for the previous three seasons. If they pull of the trick of saying he's on loan, they can bring him back without waiver exposure during the season ... if he's not on loan, he has to clear waivers.

Maybe Ufa will make a deep run in the playoffs and Radulov won't get the chance to come back until the off season and avoid the CBA nightmare.
What definition of "Year" are you looking at in Article 13? The definition I see there is:
Quote:
For purposes of this Article, a "year" of exemption shall mean a playing season.
All the usages of "playing season" in the CBA refer to the league calendar, not whether an individual player actually played or not in the NHL that year.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
The more I watch it, the less I think it was an accident.
is it possible there was an antagonizing fan behind the bench?

Old
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
is it possible there was an antagonizing fan behind the bench?
My interpretation:

Rads looks behind him, sees coach. Hits coach. Acts like it's an accident. And because Rads is such a superstar in the KHL coach lets it slide.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Legionnaire11

Supposedly it's the goalie coach, what beef could Radulov possibly have with him?

Old
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
to me it just looks like he was just pissed at something, swung his stick in frustration, realized he had grazed his coach(who obviously didnt get hit very hard as he hardly flinched) and threw up his hand in apology.

no biggie...

Old
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
SavageSteve

He's simply playing the Russian version of 'Slug-Bug' with his coach after seeing a VW ad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Here it is embedded:

It does look like he is just meaning to hit the boards with his stick out of frustration, and then puts his hand up as if to apologize. The coach goes back to what he was doing rather than freaking out. If he truly wanted to attack the man why would he do it on the bench?

Old
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

whatever. the coach deserved it. He should be holding a glass of water for Radu when he comes off, not looking at a piece of paper. coaches eat lineup cards, not use them. Geesh, radu was trying to help a commie out

Old
02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

I'm pretty sure it was an accident. But I love some of the comments I read from Canadian readers:

"That's one baddass coach. "Did you just hit me in the face? I didn't even notice. Try hitting me harder you noodle armed nancy-boy."

There was a brief moment when the coach was angry: "I think you just broke my pencil-lead, dumb-ass. Oh no, it still works."

Old
02-04-2012, 01:29 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionnaire11 View Post
supposedly it's the goalie coach, what beef could radulov possibly have with him?
GET YOUR LOGIC AND REASoN OUT OF HERE!

Old
02-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
A lengthy article well worth the read from David Boclair this evening regarding the possibility of an Alexander Radulov return to the Predators complete with quotes from Poile, Trotz, Weber, and Suter...

Talks in a lot of detail about his relationship with the veterans that have moved on, his relationship with the current leadership (Weber/Suter), his relationship with Trotz, etc. It also discusses the recent video incident and mentions a second video that we have not seen yet...

Essentially focuses on the theory I threw out earlier this season about Radulov returning at the end of the season as a deadline acquisition to play out the final year that he is owed and negotiate an extension to play on beginning next season...

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...-cup-predators

Quote:
Amid rampant speculation as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches that Nashville will attempt to add a “top-six” forward, Radulov represents the possibility to add one without having to give up anything in return.

“He’d make an instant impact,” Weber said. “I mean, the guy is that talented and has the ability to change the game. He’s that guy that can take it upon himself to score that big goal or make that big play late in the game.

“He’s one of the most skilled guys, I think, I’ve ever played with.”

There actually is incentive for Radulov to come back late in this — or any — season. According to Poile, if he plays just one regular-season game, he satisfies the remaining year of his contract, which sends him into the ensuing offseason as a restricted free agent.

“The end of this is that everything has been talked about, everything has been discussed, everything has been conveyed to Rad,” Poile said. “The bottom line is that he’s the one who has to make the next move. There’s nothing more that the Predators can say or do or his agent can say or do. The decision lies in his hands as to whether he wants to come back to the Nashville Predators.

“My thinking is that if this ever happened, it would be a bonus — period. I’m not counting on it, not planning on it, not dwelling on it.”

At least one key member of the organization is slightly more optimistic.

“I do believe that inside he wants to play in the National Hockey League,” Trotz said. “And the reason I do is that there are two things that drive Rad. He loves to play the game and he loves the attention of being a great player in the game. He always said to me, ‘There’s no question the NHL is the best league in the world, and I want to be good in this league.’

“He’s going to play in this league again. I just don’t know when.”

Old
02-13-2012, 02:50 AM
cleangene

There you go again, SL, giving me a little bit of light after some darkness...STOP THAT!!! In your opinion, is DP looking more at trading for a veteran/bigger D man to shore that area up as his main trade deadline focus???

Old
02-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I almost wish Rads was dead. I am tired of all this speculation about him. Again, Poile can't bet on his return this year. Doing so could be a grave mistake. Not to mention I suspect the NHL would frown on a player coming in this late in the season...

Old
02-13-2012, 08:03 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I almost wish Rads was dead. I am tired of all this speculation about him. Again, Poile can't bet on his return this year. Doing so could be a grave mistake. Not to mention I suspect the NHL would frown on a player coming in this late in the season...
Read the article. Poile isn't counting on his return.

Closed Thread