HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My December Rankings of the 2012 and 2013 QMJHL drafts:

Old
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM
IslandScouter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Strangler View Post
As a friend of team Atlantic I think you are way off base. MacKinnon keeps getting called the best player in the tourney but good players pass the puck. No doubt his skill is there but he played with 3 different line combinations throughout the week and was never the best line of the night. He would zig and everyone would zag. Great players make other around them better. As far as ice-time is concerned, the NB boys were all deserving of their time. I thought Murphy, Cooper and Zilbert were top 6 all tournament as were Lyle, Fancy and Graves from NS. Too bad team had to have political appointments from PEI and Nfld.

please explain that last part, especially PEI

IslandScouter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
As a friend of team Atlantic I think you are way off base. MacKinnon keeps getting called the best player in the tourney but good players pass the puck. No doubt his skill is there but he played with 3 different line combinations throughout the week and was never the best line of the night. He would zig and everyone would zag. Great players make other around them better. As far as ice-time is concerned, the NB boys were all deserving of their time. I thought Murphy, Cooper and Zilbert were top 6 all tournament as were Lyle, Fancy and Graves from NS. Too bad team had to have political appointments from PEI and NFLD.
I don't know if you misquoted or misread what I said, but you are arguing points that I never made. I stated that rumours were that Mackinnon gave up on the team, as in no backcheking, lazy changes, shifts that were too long, not enough passing, etc.

I also said that it was ridiculous to think that the NB boys made that team for some polotical reasons. They were all deserving and showed that.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiproud View Post
please explain that last part, especially PEI
It's just that there were 6 kids from two provinces that were selected as a result of regional guidelines. Team Atlantic would have been all NS & NB save one or two if it were not for these rules (I think this was explained earlier in another blog?) How different would they have looked with Cole Murphy, Mackenzie Brown and Mason Gray?

Boston Strangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
It's just that there were 6 kids from two provinces that were selected as a result of regional guidelines. Team Atlantic would have been all NS & NB save one or two if it were not for these rules (I think this was explained earlier in another blog?) How different would they have looked with Cole Murphy, Mackenzie Brown and Mason Gray?
Next year these boys will be ready for the U17 pace.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone View Post
I don't know if you misquoted or misread what I said, but you are arguing points that I never made. I stated that rumours were that Mackinnon gave up on the team, as in no backcheking, lazy changes, shifts that were too long, not enough passing, etc.

I also said that it was ridiculous to think that the NB boys made that team for some polotical reasons. They were all deserving and showed that.
Sorry you are right. I was responding to CheerstoBeers comments.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
hockeyfan1977

what?
Hodge from Newfoundland was probably the most consistent player on Team Atlantic.. Players I was disappointed in were Bent and vanderlann and they weren't from PEI or NFLD

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
IslandScouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
what?
Hodge from Newfoundland was probably the most consistent player on Team Atlantic.. Players I was disappointed in were Bent and vanderlann and they weren't from PEI or NFLD
Agreed, bias was given to coachs "guys". Pei players played well when up with mackinnon but after given a few shifts a game he never went back to them. seems like he had in his mind what the lines were and when they didnt work he wouldnt change anything

IslandScouter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiproud View Post
Agreed, bias was given to coachs "guys". Pei players played well when up with mackinnon but after given a few shifts a game he never went back to them. seems like he had in his mind what the lines were and when they didnt work he wouldnt change anything
I don't know about any bias??? That's nuts. Hodges & Kennedy fit well with the team. The three guys previously mentioned plus a guy like Scott Fenwick would have been my pics. As far as Bent...all teams need role players. He plays hard every shift and is happy with 8-10 minutes/game. Can't play hockey with 12 skilled forwards.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
I don't know about any bias??? That's nuts. Hodges & Kennedy fit well with the team. The three guys previously mentioned plus a guy like Scott Fenwick would have been my pics. As far as Bent...all teams need role players. He plays hard every shift and is happy with 8-10 minutes/game. Can't play hockey with 12 skilled forwards.
and earlier you said
Originally Posted by Boston Strangler
It's just that there were 6 kids from two provinces that were selected as a result of regional guidelines. Team Atlantic would have been all NS & NB

so how did hodges and kennedy fit in today.. You sound disgruntled

Old
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
hockeyfan1977

even a Q scout was quick to point this out when same players were with mackinnon game after game

from lalalaprise Re: Under 17 Challenge
Reply #43 on Dec 30, 2011, 10:04pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Itd be nice if the Team Atlantic coaches put a couple decent players with MacKinnon...they are playing him with a couple of plugs...
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/lalalaprise

Old
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
even a Q scout was quick to point this out when same players were with mackinnon game after game

from lalalaprise Re: Under 17 Challenge
Reply #43 on Dec 30, 2011, 10:04pm

Itd be nice if the Team Atlantic coaches put a couple decent players with MacKinnon...they are playing him with a couple of plugs...
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

http://twitter.com/lalalaprise
I simply pointed out that coaches hands were and have in the past been tied with the 3 per province rule. Hodge & Kennedy deserved to be there in my HUMBLE opinion..I never said they didn't. The other 4 kids in my mind would have been replaced by Murphy, Brown, Gray & Fenwick. Murphy & Brown for skill, Gray & Fenwick for grind.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
hockeyfan1977

Compare since all 3 in same league
keilly 2011/12 Charlottetown Islanders 27 15 21 36 ppg 1.3
Gray 2011/12 Miramichi Rivermen 14 3 10 13 ppg 1.07
Gallant CTI F 27 22 18 40 ppg 1.5
what about Dallaire much better hockey player than Gray

2011/12 Moncton Flyers 26 20 28 48 ppg 1.85

Old
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
hockeyfan1977

also the underager Cody Donaghey from NFLD probably played in the top 3 of defence on team Atlantic in the tournament. He was quick, skilled and was not afraid of the physical play

Old
01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Compare since all 3 in same league
keilly 2011/12 Charlottetown Islanders 27 15 21 36 ppg 1.3
Gray 2011/12 Miramichi Rivermen 14 3 10 13 ppg 1.07
Gallant CTI F 27 22 18 40 ppg 1.5
what about Dallaire much better hockey player than Gray

2011/12 Moncton Flyers 26 20 28 48 ppg 1.85
Common Hockeyfan1977...surely you realize that you can't value a player by his stats in Midget AAA?

Old
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
CheerstoBeers

Quote:
Common Hockeyfan1977...surely you realize that you can't value a player by his stats in Midget AAA?
can't put much value into comments from bitter family or friends either..

CheerstoBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
hockeyfan1977

There was not much preparation for the tournament so players were also scouted(5scouts plus coaches) along with skill on the merit of their willingness to play a role on the team, their maturity and lack of "ego". I would say a few players on the radar were crossed off because of one of the above

Old
01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
can't put much value into comments from bitter family or friends either..
Not bitter at all. A couple of first year boys from the Island in the top 10 in Midget AAA scoring is not a great baseline for what the team needed. Top 6 forwards need to score and the bottom 6 need to grind it out. As these boys are not top 6 in skill, one could argue that stronger more physical 17 year old's would have complimented the team better. As said earlier, next year should be their year to offensive impact players.

Old
01-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
There was not much preparation for the tournament so players were also scouted(5scouts plus coaches) along with skill on the merit of their willingness to play a role on the team, their maturity and lack of "ego". I would say a few players on the radar were crossed off because of one of the above
Great point. I think you nailed it on the head!

Old
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
QScout

Is the first list available somewhere ? It was supposed to be release today...

QScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:50 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicsandOil View Post
Is the first list available somewhere ? It was supposed to be release today...
Actually, I think its May 1st

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Draft2013
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
It is may 1st....CSR LIST.......A list of players and where they may go in the drft......not always accurate as teams have their ideas of the type of player they want.....so someone listed in the 6th round may go in the 3rd round or someone in the first round will not go until the 2nd or third or vice versa..........and yes, if you draft by stats alone it is a guaranteed formula for failure.
Is that list available for everyone to see at the moment or is it still in process. If available for public, do you have a website for consultation.

Thanks.

Draft2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
qc2nf

Is that list available for everyone to see at the moment or is it still in process. If available for public, do you have a website for consultation.

Thanks

List was distributed to teams today and will be made public on Monday.

qc2nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Hockey Buff

The list will be posted on the QMJHL website on May 7th

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote