HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Bournival to a three-year contract

Old
12-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Yes. I cannot stand them anymore... What a waste of cap space !
They are slightly overpaid, that's what you get when shopping UFA's. It's not like there are a ton of all-stars on the UFA market every summer. Cap space is nice but I'd rather have Gio and Cammy than a pile of Leino's Fleishmans and etc

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Agreed. Bournival has a surprising amount of skill for what I thought he was though. And plenty of "git 'er dun."

I think Bournival is going to develop into a 3rd line center's 3rd line center. Hard forechecking, defensively aware, strong as a horse, and actually an offensive threat.

Great pickup for Obyrne.
bang on , a nice Chris Kelly type some some offensive upside

a quality bottom 6

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They are slightly overpaid, that's what you get when shopping UFA's. It's not like there are a ton of all-stars on the UFA market every summer. Cap space is nice but I'd rather have Gio and Cammy than a pile of Leino's Fleishmans and etc
I'd rather have S.K. and Latendresse, and D'Agostini. Way cheaper and at least as much productive.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Protest the Hero

Is this the ex-Habs thread?

Bournival will be a very good third liner for this team in a couple of years.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 04:20 PM
neofury*

I know it's a Bournival thread but to the people whining as if all we have is Bournival... he will be a solid player something definitely to look forward to but I think Beaulieu and maybe even Tinordi will be something special for this team. And how about that Gallagher kid? He's going to be the next Gionta practically. I have a lot of faith in the WJC kids. We actually have a surprisingly good crop considering where we've picked.

Louis Leblanc is still a prospect and extremely promising. Kristo could be the wild card? It doesn't look all that bad. It is missing an Ovechkin type talent... a generational talent... but that player would already be playing for us and some thing Price/Subban could be those guys.

Price is the best player on this team honestly. He's been awesome this year, I feel bad for him cause of the defense. He gets hung out to dry.. and the funny part is he usually doesn't even get lit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Strange argument. This is a player Gauthier traded for. So I expect there to be addressing of current or anticipated concerns. The player is scouted to have a ceiling of 3rd line NHL talent.

Gauthier trades but can't seem to translate assets into anything the team needs. Bournival will be the next Lapierre who was thrown away needlessly with an undervalued return. There is nothing brilliant here that helps the team.
We traded a career #6D (for a bad team) who couldn't fit into a battered lineup (20 games) for a guy projected to be a 3rd line center who works extremely hard and is very dedicated. He's Quebecois, he's got talent, he's a hard worker, 6ft ~200lbs. He's everything people want in this team... and you're trying to make it sound like a BAD thing?

The guy is going to be a beast if he makes the NHL, he's a top 5 prospect right now for sure, not in ceiling but in terms of "making it" imo. Plus he's everything any good coach wants in a player. I don't get how anyone could even try to argue the O'Byrne trade at this point. It's looking like a major win, Bournival would have to completely bust in order for it to be bad at this point which I highly doubt.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 12-23-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: merge
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'd rather have S.K. and Latendresse, and D'Agostini. Way cheaper and at least as much productive.
Latendresse has played 27 games the last year +1/2.

SK and D'agostini are on pace for 30 and 35 points, not sure we miss that very much.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:53 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
O'B for Bournival could turn out to be highway robbery.

you really have to be digging down to complain about this trade. that, or you don't remember o'byrne, at all...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Grant McCagg

Bournival has the tools to become a solid two-way center on a good team. Who's to definitively say he won't be able to develop into a second-line center even at some point either...15 goals in 16 games provides an inkling into his offensive capabilities as well. He has come a long way since his draft year...there's been a significant improvement in his game, and from a scout's perspective that bodes well for his future. It's evident that he's put in hard work, and that's is extremely important in the development of a young player. If that improvement curve continues, I would not be shocked to see him develop into a 20-25 goal, 50-60 point two-way center with grit and tenacity by the time he's 24 or 25. In today's NHL that's a solid second liner folks...the Habs'll be lucky to get that from their first-line center this season.

I certainly see the potential for a third-line center at worst. That position is one of the eight most important positions on a hockey team...to get a 18-year-old prospect with that potential for a 26-year-old 6th defenceman is a steal.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Latendresse has played 27 games the last year +1/2.

SK and D'agostini are on pace for 30 and 35 points, not sure we miss that very much.
Do the maths with Cammy-Gionta and Gomez

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:40 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Do the maths with Cammy-Gionta and Gomez
Then do it for all of them (ex Habs too) the last say 3-4 years, then add the playoff numbers. Let me know what you come up with!

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Sailor

7m + 6m + 5m = 18m$

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote