HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Minnesota NHL News IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
  #951
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
You need to go read the Devils thread on the game.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 PM
  #952
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Nevermind. Gilbert would at least try to chase after the puck.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
  #953
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Nevermind. Gilbert would at least try to chase after the puck.
Yes, just drink the Kool-Aid with the rest of us. It's less painful this way.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
  #954
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
if zidz keeps this up we might just get parise, they are o-2 with him and he's -3, i really don't want to wish ill on anyone, i'm just happy that we moved on from him and wish him and his family the very best. but if he keeps having these performances we might never be able to trade with njd again

forthewild is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 11:47 PM
  #955
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
*Puts on tinfoil hat*
The Wild are paying Zids to play poorly and bring down the Devils in order for Parise to jump ship. This has been the plan since the beginning of the season. And Tom Gilbert is threatening to burn Suter's house down if he doesn't come over as well. ITS ALL PART OF THE PLAN.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:07 AM
  #956
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
*Puts on tinfoil hat*
The Wild are paying Zids to play poorly and bring down the Devils in order for Parise to jump ship. This has been the plan since the beginning of the season. And Tom Gilbert is threatening to burn Suter's house down if he doesn't come over as well. ITS ALL PART OF THE PLAN.
This is why I'm confident that Granlund will eventually sign that contract. Koivu will kill him otherwise. Just part of the plan.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:07 AM
  #957
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
*Puts on tinfoil hat*
The Wild are paying Zids to play poorly and bring down the Devils in order for Parise to jump ship. This has been the plan since the beginning of the season. And Tom Gilbert is threatening to burn Suter's house down if he doesn't come over as well. ITS ALL PART OF THE PLAN.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
  #958
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
You know I just looked at the standings and I noticed something.

Phoenix is 9-0-1 in its last 10.

Where the hell did that come from and how did nobody notice it?

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:26 AM
  #959
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
You know I just looked at the standings and I noticed something.

Phoenix is 9-0-1 in its last 10.

Where the hell did that come from and how did nobody notice it?
Well someone in Phoenix would have to notice if anyone outside of Phoenix is going to.

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
  #960
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 97
The NHL owns them, therefore they don't count.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:28 AM
  #961
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
The NHL owns them. They don't count.
The question everyone's wanted to know for the last three years: if Phoenix wins the Stanley Cup, does Gary Bettman get his name on it?

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:29 AM
  #962
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
The question everyone's wanted to know for the last three years: if Phoenix wins the Stanley Cup, does Gary Bettman get his name on it?
Or better yet, "If Phoenix wins the stanley cup, and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:31 AM
  #963
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
The question everyone's wanted to know for the last three years: if Phoenix wins the Stanley Cup, does Gary Bettman get his name on it?
I try not to think about it, because it ticks me off. I love the Wild, and the North Stars are dead. But it's the idea of how easily they were ripped away, yet now the league will cross any line (no matter how long it takes) to save another team.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:32 AM
  #964
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Or better yet, "If Phoenix wins the stanley cup, and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"
Yes, because, like with Anaheim over Ottawa, Carolina over Edmonton, or Tampa over Calgary, they would inevitably beat a Canadian city. And there would be riots.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I try not to think about it, because it ticks me off. I love the Wild, and the North Stars are dead. But it's the idea of how easily they were ripped away, yet now the league will cross any line (no matter how long it takes) to save another team.
I like to imagine they would actually sell the naming rights to that chunk of the Stanley Cup to the highest bidder.

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:33 AM
  #965
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Yes, because, like with Anaheim over Ottawa, Carolina over Edmonton, or Tampa over Calgary, they would inevitably beat a Canadian city. And there would be riots.



I like to imagine they would actually sell the naming rights to that chunk of the Stanley Cup to the highest bidder.
Are any of the Eastern Canadian teams even gonna make it in tho?

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:34 AM
  #966
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Yes, because, like with Anaheim over Ottawa, Carolina over Edmonton, or Tampa over Calgary, they would inevitably beat a Canadian city. And there would be riots.
I'm starting to believe that there would be riots in this town "win or lose" in a championship like that. Built up frustration since 1991 is gonna come out someday, and many store windows and vehicles are going to suffer for it. We'll make Vancouver proud.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:35 AM
  #967
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I try not to think about it, because it ticks me off. I love the Wild, and the North Stars are dead. But it's the idea of how easily they were ripped away, yet now the league will cross any line (no matter how long it takes) to save another team.
Well, to be fair, I do have to sort of mention Atlanta here.

Sorry.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:35 AM
  #968
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I'm starting to believe that there would be riots in this town "win or lose" in a championship like that. Built up frustration since 1991 is gonna come out someday, and many store windows and vehicles are going to suffer for it. We'll make Vancouver proud.
We have to get to a championship round first tho. That is something no Minnesota team seems capable of.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:36 AM
  #969
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Are any of the Eastern Canadian teams even gonna make it in tho?
Ottawa and Winnipeg are currently both above the line, and Toronto's one of the next 2 teams chasing, so it would be pretty unlikely for all 3 to miss.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well, to be fair, I do have to sort of mention Atlanta here.

Sorry.
It sounds like there was an ownership search going on much more quietly behind the scenes in Atlanta. The Phoenix one has only been so public because of bankruptcy court and city council proceedings.

Contrast with here, where there was no search for an ownership group (of which there were multiple willing), as Norm was simply allowed to take the team without any transaction.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
We have to get to a championship round first tho. That is something no Minnesota team seems capable of.
Each of the 4 has gotten to a Conference championship in the last decade. No finals appearances though.

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 12:36 AM
  #970
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Ottawa and Winnipeg are currently both above the line, and Toronto's one of the next 2 teams chasing, so it would be pretty unlikely for all 3 to miss.
Winnipeg...completely forgot about them for some reason. I must be tired.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:47 AM
  #971
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 97
Soooo....who thinks Nash gets booed at home after their GM threw him under the bus during a press conference? Gotta be pretty awkward for him in that lockerroom now that everyone knows that he asked for a trade.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:57 AM
  #972
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Soooo....who thinks Nash gets booed at home after their GM threw him under the bus during a press conference? Gotta be pretty awkward for him in that lockerroom now that everyone knows that he asked for a trade.
Nash is gone, I don't think he will really care.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 02:03 AM
  #973
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Soooo....who thinks Nash gets booed at home after their GM threw him under the bus during a press conference? Gotta be pretty awkward for him in that lockerroom now that everyone knows that he asked for a trade.
If I were him I'd probably be in mail-in-mode in order to tank my trade value and punish the GM who outed me.

Nash was absolutely 100% right to demand Howsen be fired. He is TERRIBLE.

Avder is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 02:22 AM
  #974
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
The city of Pheonix owns the Coyotes.

Randy BoBandy is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 02:31 AM
  #975
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
The city of Pheonix owns the Coyotes.
The NHL purchased their rights in bankruptcy court several years ago. They also don't even play in Phoenix; they're based in Glendale.

The City of Glendale has lost money on them because they've voluntarily agreed several times to cover the losses in exchange for the Coyotes not breaking their lease. They haven't gotten any ownership stake out of that process, though.

The City does own the arena, though; maybe that's what you had in mind.

llamapalooza is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.