HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moose love in USA Today 12/22/2011

Old
12-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Moose love in USA Today 12/22/2011

Speaking of pain, good article in USA Today yesterday about Moose and him staying out till the forwards were done shooting. Even taking all the high blasts without whining like some goalies. Luv me some Moose.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...val/52150618/1

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:17 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
What if he's the next Thomas and we end up with a franchise goalie and he's only what, 26-27? This dude has done nothing but impress me. He's a fighter, and we may have gotten REALLY lucky with this signing.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:34 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 50
I find myself yelling less at the TV while watching Elliott instead of Halak. Personal preferrence in how goalies react to shots I guess.

I see Elliott move more easily along the pipes and springs to his feet more quickly... leading to higher degree of athletism.

I have never liked butterfly goalies and Halak lays on the ice WAY too much for my liking. I love that Elliott is universal and is neither on the ice too long or standing too long. He is all over the net and much more exciting to watch.

I also like that he looks sharper. Halak has a habit of merely standing and looking like he is taking a union break. Too laid back for me. Elliott's quick movement and noticeably watching him track pucks and chase them down plus the quick glove hand makes me prefer him drastically over Halak.

Even if Halak had higher numbers, I find the game of Elliott much more exciting to watch than Halak. I love Elliott's style and very glad to see him playing equal shares.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote